Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Chrispurple posted:

Haven't watched this yet but I've been going through the Yakuza 4 videos and in episode 16 at a bit before the 25 minute mark Matt jokes about doing an lp of Prison Break. Pat immediately shuts him down and says he's "above that poo poo." I could not possibly be happier about this runback.

This isn't a runback, it's a backdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

hoobajoo posted:

This isn't a runback, it's a backdown.

Well technically it's a BREAKdown.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
Whatever we end up calling this I think we can all admit that Pat is eating it super hard.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Kinda off-topic: Hey, guys, I found Liam's workout routine!

(I was going to try and find an specific link to the app, but dude mentions "listening to his favorite podcast" right at the end and it's SBFC, so it seemed fitting to post my original source)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sad Mammal posted:

They did Cthulhu for the Shitstorm too but the friend cast teaser implied they'd be using that one too. But who knows, maybe Matt's a big ol kidder.

I bet that CoC is one of their more requested LPs

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Get hyped for Luigi's Mansion.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

thank god I thought this was going to be the worst week.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh thank god, an lp i can actually watch

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

guys I think pat might be Dumb Souls

thank god they're doing prison break

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 29, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Like, I don't mind Pat if he was wrong, it's that he's aggressively wrong in the "I'm right, shut the gently caress up Woolie." Woolie's actually doing better when he ignores Pat and experiments on his own, like knocking Desert Sorcerers into Poison or shattering the wood shutters in Copse.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tae posted:

Like, I don't mind Pat if he was wrong, it's that he's aggressively wrong in the "I'm right, shut the gently caress up Woolie." Woolie's actually doing better when he ignores Pat and experiments on his own, like knocking Desert Sorcerers into Poison or shattering the wood shutters in Copse.

in the newest episode he says that nobody knows what mundane does and it's terrible

oh patrick

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Also he tells Woolie not to two hand his sword against the Smelter Demon so he can block. :ughh:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Wiseblood posted:

Also he tells Woolie not to two hand his sword against the Smelter Demon so he can block. :ughh:

Pat's total lack of understanding of how strength scaling works and what two handing does is probably his greatest oversight. And that's totally not obvious advice, so it's the perfect thing to let Woolie in on; if he got good at switching between one and two hand, he would never need to waste another point on strength.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I see Smeltermania 2014 is off to a good start. :allears:

Gonna be interesting when they beat OIK, since that's the entrance to the new DLC. I have no idea if these recordings are that recent or if they even bought the dlc yet but seeing Woolie try to deal with an area even Pat doesn't know would be amazing.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I am so glad that I don't know enough about Dark Souls 2 to be mad when Pat gets stuff wrong.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I see Smeltermania 2014 is off to a good start. :allears:

Gonna be interesting when they beat OIK, since that's the entrance to the new DLC. I have no idea if these recordings are that recent or if they even bought the dlc yet but seeing Woolie try to deal with an area even Pat doesn't know would be amazing.

The recordings are way back, and they're going to do the Sunken DLC first. Which I feel is still suicide, especially if Woolie is struggling hard with regular Iron Keep.

There is no way they should tackle the 2nd DLC unless Woolie goes deathless post Drangelic castle.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tae posted:

There is no way they should tackle the 2nd DLC

Shoulda stopped there.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I will say I got a kick out of saying "Goddammit Woolie, stop trying to tank the smelter demon, put your goddamn shield away, dodge, and punish," litteraly moments before he put his shield away and resolved to focus on dodging and punishing the Smelter Demon.

He still got his rear end killed, but he's going in the right direction. Shame he doesn't have better pyromancy - flash sweat makes the late stages of the Smelter Fight absolutely trivial. I'm pretty sure when the Smelter ignites his sword, it trades off ALL of its physical damage for fire damage. Wear decent fire armor and cast flash sweat, and if you can live long enough for him to ignite his sword you become almost invincible.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Matt's jab at the Dark Souls run in the latest video is pretty good.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this is going to be the greatest lp of all time

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

or the worst

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Is it actually worth watching? Even with Matt and Pat at the helm, I still don't know how entertaining it could be to watch a game based on a lovely live action series.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Angry Walrus posted:

Is it actually worth watching? Even with Matt and Pat at the helm, I still don't know how entertaining it could be to watch a game based on a lovely live action series.

You don't know how fun it would be to watch funny people play a lovely game?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's basically everything that was good about the David Cage trilogy.

Also they abuse every chance to die.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a legit fun LP where even their blatant incompetency leads to wonderful hilarity.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I get so confused everytime they play Virtual Fighter or Tekken because I see Sarah for example and I see like no difference from Nina.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

There's just something beautifal about the look the guard gives you if you mess up the qte while hes trying to get sex on. He's not even suprised just disappointed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'd be disappointed too if something so totally ridiculous went and spoiled the mood like that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Jesus christ half the game-overs are people that aren't looking at him or, in the latest video, someone that was behind a wall. The game's only saving grace is apparently the most generous checkpoint system outside of save states.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I had almost forgotten how amazing it is to watch a truly god awful game get LP'd by the Zaibatsu.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guys I don't think the dark souls 2 LP is very good. Pat is the YouTube commenter that is telling woolie that he is playing wrong when he is doing fiiiine.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

cmykjester posted:

Guys I don't think the dark souls 2 LP is very good. Pat is the YouTube commenter that is telling woolie that he is playing wrong when he is doing fiiiine.

While spewing false information like that people apparently don't know how mundane works even though there's been mundane builds forever now :v:

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

They should get Liam in there for a few Dark Souls episodes. It sounds like Liam understands the game better considering Pat thinks Liam is too reckless and hasty when he plays the game, when that's just the natural result of someone Getting Good at Dark Souls.

Also it would be fun to watch Pat and Liam argue strategy as Woolie just sits there trying to play the game.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Minorkos posted:

They should get Liam in there for a few Dark Souls episodes. It sounds like Liam understands the game better considering Pat thinks Liam is too reckless and hasty when he plays the game, when that's just the natural result of someone Getting Good at Dark Souls.

Also it would be fun to watch Pat and Liam argue strategy as Woolie just sits there trying to play the game.

Put pat and liam in another room and have them commentate over it :v:
See how long it lasts until one of them bursts into the room woolie is in.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
The Dark Souls videos has consistently been my favorite series on the channel for a while, I like it way more than Soul Suspect.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I liked Soul Suspect if only because Matt and Pat kept throwing shade at Liam and Woolie for making it sound like a really decent game when it was just kind of okay.

Prison Break, I hope they finish because it can only end in tears.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I love how nobody in this game ever changes expression at all. It's like they did all the lip-syncing and figured that was good enough.

Never watched Prison Break but I hear that last few seasons got really loving stupid. Given what's happened in this game so far I can't say I'm surprised.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I laugh hard every single time they're doing a mini-game that's right next to a guy. Like holy poo poo, dude.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Would one need to know anything about Prison Break the show to enjoy the LP more? I want to check it out, but I don't know anything about the show besides the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Charles Martel posted:

Would one need to know anything about Prison Break the show to enjoy the LP more? I want to check it out, but I don't know anything about the show besides the title.

I've never seen the show, and from what I can tell it's about a guy trying to break out of prison by doing a lot of lovely stealth sequences.