Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Tokamak posted:

I think it's 93% male the last time someone's checked. I don't know the scale used for those bar charts but if I had to guess, we'd be a lot worse then any of those game sites. Really makes u think.

you actually can't make me think at all, thats my decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

gently caress the ROW posted:

you actually can't make me think at all, thats my decision

think shamer!

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Breaking: smash bros canceled due to zoe quinn scandal

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
It calculates that thing based on internet averages, so something awful probably just has 25 percent women instead of the average which probably is way less than that

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

This game actually owns you idiot

The game owns but I don't understand Sega's picks as playable characters. Putting Segata Sanshiro should have been a given, at least as DLC. Instead we got some fat spergy gently caress whose claim to fame is a pile of Youtube videos or some poo poo.

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Triple A posted:

It calculates that thing based on internet averages, so something awful probably just has 25 percent women instead of the average which probably is way less than that
IIRC Alexa datamines from some toolbar, so it's inherently only capable of comparative stuff.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Breaking: smash bros canceled due to zoe quinn scandal

I would loving riot

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

I would loving riot

Samus is now fat, flat and square.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Ardennes posted:

It is probably because people started just using everything they didn't like and it watered down until it became more culture-war poo poo. It isn't like most of the people using it now actually give a poo poo about social issues anyway.

*gets on my back to dirnk all the tears from this post* I love that people are mad that social justice is faggoty now even though its their own fault for being such fucktards

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

and wearing black rim glasses

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Monsieur Mango posted:

I've been seeing "Gamer" plastered on Coca Cola cans and bottles lately. Won't a multi-billion dollar company that (probably) invested a good amount of money on the gamer brand be pissed that a bunch of self important hipster faggots are now actively campaigning against it?

One can only hope that they poo poo on this so hard and loudly that the big boy moneymen get drawn in. 4chan's methodic complaints to advertisers isn't nearly as entertaining as inadvertently pissing in Coca Cola's cheerios.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

also movieblob is at it again

the gently caress is this poo poo, is it like PSN+, do i get free games

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

smash sis

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gamer+ is a better kind of gamer. The kind who plays games through facebook and makes in app purchases.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhV4BDjP0-M

edit: lol geeze. I feel bad for her but I'm glad I'm one of those people that can just laugh poo poo off.

she had a $69 gofundme for this yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aCyCwEj62g

This was all an elaborate troll upon both houses right? Real people don't post their whinge sessions to youtube along with background songs or am I that out of touch now?

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
This would actually be really funny if they promoted Gamer+ through Starbucks exclusively

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

DrPlump posted:

Gamer+ is a better kind of gamer. The kind who plays games through facebook and makes in app purchases.

thanks for enlightening me

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

it...begins?

http://games.on.net/2014/08/readers-threatened-by-equality-not-welcome/

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Jombo posted:

This was all an elaborate troll upon both houses right? Real people don't post their whinge sessions to youtube along with background songs or am I that out of touch now?

I have to assume that as well, I mean..how can you post that first video and kick one of the largest internet hornets nests in a long time and not expect to get called at minimum a slut.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Movie Bob:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqhpqmkJrLs

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

ProfessorGroove posted:

Put a gun to your heads and pull the trigger.

ok, I summoned my persona, now what?

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
quick someone register the trademark gamer+

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
oh no you turds let nodding respectfully towards twitter crybabies die

yall remember that indian dude who cried about ppl throwing trash out the car? that but he is nodding

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

quote:

If you’re not on board, find another ship, and good luck to you because that ship will be sailing against the wind.

He's right. People always just flock online to the place that's most censored and pretentious. drat. Checkmate.

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Photex posted:

I have to assume that as well, I mean..how can you post that first video and kick one of the largest internet hornets nests in a long time and not expect to get called at minimum a slut.
I'm pretty sure in one of her other videos she called herself a slut and was mad at somebody because they were giving sluts a bad name. I'm pretty sure it's satire.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

"I've been working at Kotaku" I lost it at this and started laughing. How is that something to brag about?

I've been working as a phone sexline operator for 9 years now...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zero Comments and there's a massive Xbox One ad at the top claiming the console was built by Gamers.

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

quote:

Last week, indie developer Zoe Quinn had her personal life spilled over the internet in its entirety by a jilted ex-boyfriend.
The use of the word "jilted" here shows the guy in question has no understanding of either the meaning of the words he uses, or the facts surrounding this case.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

see, if I was coming at this knowing nothing about this whole fiasco, I'd nod respectfully and agree with everything written here

is there a single person posting in this thread that wouldn't want to see more equality and better representation in games? I'll happily welcome more diversity and all that jazz, more options are always better than

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Apparently to get more hits on my game news site I need to compare Gamergate to the Arab Spring. Thanks, Twitter!

E: not to be confused with Gamersgate, which is a genocide on high digital game prices!

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Cowman posted:

I lost my spaghetti :allears:

ontop of mount smokey?

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Brannock posted:

see, if I was coming at this knowing nothing about this whole fiasco, I'd nod respectfully and agree with everything written here

is there a single person posting in this thread that wouldn't want to see more equality and better representation in games? I'll happily welcome more diversity and all that jazz, more options are always better than

Why do games need more diversity?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
bionic dues had the perfectly diverse cast of white, black, woman, china woman... possibly more its been a while

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I won't rest until the male characters in Mario Kart 8 get racing leathers too. Let's make this the year of Luigi's butt.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm all for Nazi+ and Hitler+ The right reich party for you.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

4outof5 posted:

real talk when i play games with wifey she most times has to play as some dude or else maybe a bigg titty slut that makes both us uncomfortable

i would prob want to see that change so she can have a good time with me or maybe when she plays on her own because i want her to be able to have a good time too

but whatevs maybe i cry on twitter abt it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Brannock posted:

I don't mind social issues IRL. I just can't stand them if they're there in games as a replacement for actual gameplay or an excuse for poorly designed gameplay.

Like Gone Home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

4outof5 posted:

why not?

the only issue with this movement is when they start trying to out-sjw each other in some twisted ritual of internet posturing and shut down actual feminist/progressive movements for wrongthink

• Locked thread