Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

jivjov posted:

I know project M is loaded through the Stage Editor...but is the security exploit really that bad? They can't just put in a check to keep things that aren't smash stages from loading at all?

I'm sure they can. If the stage builder had been a big or well-liked feature it'd probably be coming back but it seems like it ended up being cock stages + hacking. Maybe I'll be wrong but I'll be surprised if it is back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think it would be cool if instead of having permanent rocket high heels, ZSS could summon parts of the power suit momentarily to do certain moves. Like, just the feet would appear to do a boost jump, or just the right hand would appear to metal-punch someone in the face.

Yeah, she could summon it up all the time to lower damage! She could summon up her arm cannon every time she fired!

Oh wait, that character literally already exists.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I'm surprised Nintendo never put out a Brawl 1.1 revision that fixes the stage builder exploit, but I'm certainly not complaining.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Considering a decent chunk of stages made for Brawl were either the Project M gateway or a large box so you could collect CDs, I'm not going to miss it. Speaking of which, as far as we know, collecting CDs isn't back, right? I really don't want to deal with that nonsense again.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ImpAtom posted:

I'm sure they can. If the stage builder had been a big or well-liked feature it'd probably be coming back but it seems like it ended up being cock stages + hacking. Maybe I'll be wrong but I'll be surprised if it is back.

Joystiq, back when it was called Nintendo Wii Fanboy, featured a stage made by my best friend as its Custom Stage of the Week. That is why I want Stage Builder back.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Samus' rocket boots loving own, and her new moves with them are also cool, but it's weird that they're heels. This is my gamer feel, and my curse.

That is fair, but for me, personally, the fact that they are kickin' rad jet boots completely overrides any concerns I would have over her wearing heels.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure the reason why it wasn't well liked was because it was crap. I'd love a stage editor, I just want one with some effort put into it. :geno:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Stage editor was the primo way to grind out those stickers and CDs.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Rudoku posted:

They said if the alt. character's tweaked enough, it'll get a slot. She was going to be a Marth alt (and I know drat well Dark Pit was gonna be a costume).

we have 3 alts that could have been costumes

and 3 cuts characters (under the assumption squirtle/ivysaur wasn't planned to return with form cuts happening)

we know lucina was upgraded to a character because someone planned was cut (confirmed in famitsu)

so they don't take the slot of anyone, we could have 3 blank spots cus they couldn't finish 3 characters, or 3 characters that play alot like other ones, but are still differentish

im fine with it

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

F. Lobot posted:

No one refers to 'Miles Edgeworth Ace Attorney Investigations 2: Prosecutor's Path' as 'Gyakuten Kenji 2'.

F. Lobot fails again, clearly he hasn't been reading the Dual Destinies thread on this very forum.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Slur posted:

I disagree; they're not eco-friendly enough.

They are powered by the corpses of Ivysaur and Squirtle, so they're actually very eco-friendly.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

CatsPajamas posted:

Anyway, seems like a number of features of older Smash games haven't been mentioned at all yet. Stage Editor, Event Battles, Special Melee/Brawl (what would they even call this in Smash 4? Special Smash?) etc. The thread thought a bit ago the Stage Editor might be exclusive to the Wii U, which would explain why it hasn't been mentioned before the 3DS version is out. Are we expecting all of this stuff to be included in the Wii U version but not the 3DS? Has Nintendo or any of the leaks revealed anything?

Events aren't in the 3DS version. Let's hope they at least show up in the Wii U one.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Anime

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Fake, Robin's name is spelled very wrong

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That's hardly fair, that'll just turn into a 3 on 1 fight for poor Shulk.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Supercar Gautier posted:

I don't think the exact method for switching Arts has been mentioned, but judging by the trailer, I'm guessing that you keep tapping the special (neutral B?) until you see the symbol you want, and then Shulk will take a moment to pose and confirm the choice. Should be quick and easy while still leaving an appropriate window of vulnerability.

I'm hoping that it's something along the lines of holding down the B button to go into Mode Switch, then you press a direction for a specific Mode and let go of B to get it. Including remaining in neutral, that's enough inputs for every Mode and it should be super easy to switch to whichever one you want on the fly.

That makes me wonder though, will Shulk have a default/neutral Mode that doesn't have any special effects? If so, will it be possible to get back to it after activating another Mode?

Vanrushal fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Aug 31, 2014

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I actually found a video that seems to shed a little light!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBXddbXQaXE

About 10 seconds in, bottom left, blink and you miss it. Shulk cycles through two Arts symbols, but only does his activation pose for the second one. So it seems there's an input to select by cycling through the symbols, and another input to confirm. Might be hold-and-release, or something else.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 31, 2014

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I actually found a video that seems to shed a little light!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBXddbXQaXE

About 10 seconds in, bottom left, blink and you miss it. Shulk cycles through two Arts symbols, but only does his activation pose for the second one. So it seems there's an input to select by cycling through the symbols, and another input to confirm. Might be hold-and-release, or something else.

Man, every time I see the 3DS version of this game in motion I am just astounded by how good it looks. :aaaaa:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

F. Lobot posted:

Why isn't Mother 3 referred to as Earthbound 2?

Because Final Fantasy VII isn't Final Fantasy IV.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oddium posted:

That's his default name in Japanese.

Incidentally, his default name in Daraen in the Spanish, French, and Italian versions, so look forward to more characters that change their names based on your language settings.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I went to check the Spanish site to confirm this and

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Endorph posted:

Incidentally, his default name in Daraen in the Spanish, French, and Italian versions, so look forward to more characters that change their names based on your language settings.

Rosalina's French name is Harmonie (Harmony).

Edit: funnily enough Villager's French name is "Villageois", while his French Canadian name is "Habitant".

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 31, 2014

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Supercar Gautier posted:

I went to check the Spanish site to confirm this and

Is there even an option to put a mask on a Mii?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Is there even an option to put a mask on a Mii?

Strongbad! Fights with boxing gloves?!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kurtofan posted:

Edit: funnily enough Villager's French name is "Villageois", while his French Canadian name is "Habitant".

Let's go Habs!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Endorph posted:

Please don't jokeshame

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Discussion > Games > Super Smash Bros - In America, Mother 3 is called Pokey Pokey Panic

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Last night I dreamed that Waluigi was in it and that his final smash was.... Giga Waluigi?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Yestermoment posted:

Last night I dreamed that Waluigi was in it and that his final smash was.... Giga Waluigi?

Dire Waluigi.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CatsPajamas posted:

Anyway, seems like a number of features of older Smash games haven't been mentioned at all yet. Stage Editor, Event Battles, Special Melee/Brawl (what would they even call this in Smash 4? Special Smash?) etc. The thread thought a bit ago the Stage Editor might be exclusive to the Wii U, which would explain why it hasn't been mentioned before the 3DS version is out. Are we expecting all of this stuff to be included in the Wii U version but not the 3DS? Has Nintendo or any of the leaks revealed anything?

There's no way the Special stuff isn't back. Stage Editor is definitely out, at least of the 3DS version, and if I may, no big loss. Some stages people made were pretty creative (a giant NES controller comes to mind) but not really fun to play in.

Also I sure hope eve...

Dunban posted:

Events aren't in the 3DS version. Let's hope they at least show up in the Wii U one.

...What? When was this confirmed? Cutting events would be incredibly lovely, they were some of the most fun things to do in previous games.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So I really hope the Game Boy stage means we're gonna get some classic Game Boy tunes this time. I've always wanted this song in particular to be in Smash:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1RLHRZ0370Q

:barf:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Blaze Dragon posted:

...What? When was this confirmed? Cutting events would be incredibly lovely, they were some of the most fun things to do in previous games.

Thanks to the leaks and some official screenshots, we've seen a majority of the menus and events are nowhere to be found.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

oddium posted:

This is true it should be spelled Earthbound 3.
Have you speeds even debated the deeper meanings yet? Like why it's called Earthbound or Mother 2.
See Earth is the realm that the protagonists are Bound to, as if they are giving up escaping it.
As far as the Mother naming system, I'm sure we can all agree that it's kind of hard to have more then one Mother.
I hope this is discussed for many more pages or until the next election year.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

I hope this is discussed for many more pages or until the next election year.

Wait... Earthbound conversation and this...

So what you're saying is Citizen of Earth is confirmed for Smash?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

ImpAtom posted:

Wait... Earthbound conversation and this...

So what you're saying is Citizen of Earth is confirmed for Smash?

Since it only contains the word "earth" and not "bound" it's moot. Smash thread is only for arguing the translations of names that will never impact the game in any meaningful way so we should get back to it, instead of how stoked I am for Shulk.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

1 minute 23 seconds

"That's how I like to eat guys."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im sorry good games ruined your life

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Junkie Disease posted:

Since it only contains the word "earth" and not "bound" it's moot. Smash thread is only for arguing the translations of names that will never impact the game in any meaningful way so we should get back to it, instead of how stoked I am for Shulk.

It's bullshit they can't use the actual character names. What kind of name is Jean Pierre Eiffel? Dan of Steel? What the gently caress is this poo poo? "Filthy Acts, at a Reasonable Price." is pretty great though.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Endorph posted:

Greninja's name in French is Amphinobi (amphibian + shinobi). Pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

We haven't even argued endlessly about how xenoblade should have kept its original Japanese name; other M: Munado

• Locked thread