Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Werthog 95 posted:

i am trash.

same

fired up hotline miami today
felt p good but gently caress fighting biker again that was tedious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the music is too good

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
cgs: rogue shooter is p decent including/despite the goofiness*

*this depends on whether youve played shareware before**

**your old

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Werthog 95 posted:

retro city rampage is better than i expected. it's actually made me chuckle a few times, because i am gamer trash.

did you get to the mission where you have to steal a copy of an old os because the new os is a pos yet?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

guacamelee: it's a good metroidvania with a really nice distinct aesthetic

it also has dumb referential humour.

(playing it on God's True Console.)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pinterest Mom posted:

i didnt know it had a dreamcast port

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Notorious QIG posted:

i didnt know it had a dreamcast port

imported a vita tv :getin:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pinterest Mom posted:

tbf they did kinda blend it in and had it match the aesthetic

esp now that we have poo poo like this

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Once upon a time, there was a racist tree. Seriously, you are going to hate this tree. High on a hill overlooking the town, the racist tree grew where the grass was half clover. Children would visit during the sunlit hours and ask for apples, and the racist tree would shake its branches and drop the delicious red fruit that gleamed without being polished. The children ate many of the racist tree's apples and played games beneath the shade of its racist branches. One day the children brought Sam, a boy who had just moved to town, to play around the racist tree.

"Let Sam have an apple," asked a little girl.

"I don't think so. He's black," said the tree. This shocked the children and they spoke to the tree angrily, but it would not shake its branches to give Sam an apple, and it called him a friend of the family.

"I can't believe the racist tree is such a racist," said one child. The children momentarily reflected that perhaps this kind of behavior was how the racist tree got its name.

It was decided that if the tree was going to deny apples to Sam then nobody would take its apples. The children stopped visiting the racist tree.

The racist tree grew quite lonely. After many solitary weeks it saw a child flying a kite across the clover field.

"Can I offer you some apples?" asked the tree eagerly.

"gently caress off, you goddamn Nazi," said the child.

The racist tree was upset, because while it was very racist, it did not personally subscribe to Hitler's fascist ideology. The racist tree decided that it would have to give apples to black children, not because it was tolerant, but because otherwise it would face ostracism from white children.

And so, social progress was made.

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!

Pinterest Mom posted:

cgs: :spergin:

(mini metro, subway map puzzle game thing.)
nice early access game

(how is it)

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Expendabros is loving great

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

cvgs: gave in to my loot treadmill craving and bought d3+ros. the ros key works fine but the d3 one doesnt and the support is being really loving slow :negative:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

and yes i did my research before giving them my money and theyre a legit site

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Yodzilla posted:

Expendabros is loving great

same, beat it today, was cool and basically a really good shareware episode that makes me want to pick up the full game now

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

seriously considering buying d3 from b.net an selling the key on samart if it ever actually shows up

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

never pay money for an early access game, let other idiots pay to alpha test the the vertical slice for you.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

zonar posted:

nice early access game

(how is it)

you can play a demo of it for free on their website if you google mini metro

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Also never kickstart a game unless the company has a proven track record of actually shipping games.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

pagancow posted:

never pay money for an early access game, let other idiots pay to alpha test the the vertical slice for you.

pagancow posted:

Also never kickstart a game unless the company has a proven track record of actually shipping games.

make up your mind

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
buying early access is perfectly fine if you're going to be happy with the broken mess you're going to get at the time of purchase

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

duckfarts posted:

buying early access is perfectly fine if you're going to be happy with the broken mess you're going to get at the time of purchase

tbf you could apply this logic to any game or console

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

zonar posted:

nice early access game

(how is it)

the base game is pretty much feature complete, they're just adding new maps and modes, so i don't feel too bad about it

i'm getting the thing where i play it so much i see subway lines when i close my eyes, so it must be good

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

duckfarts posted:

make up your mind

I kickstarted Broken Age because Tim Schafer knows how to make an adventure game still, and Double Fine has a proven track record of shipping games. I didn't get Alpha Vertical slice, I got a finalized version of half the game because gamers have no patience and were all crying.

Broken Age .5 is incredible, but wait for the whole game unless you kickstarted it.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

pagancow posted:

I kickstarted Broken Age because Tim Schafer knows how to make an adventure game still, and Double Fine has a proven track record of shipping games. I didn't get Alpha Vertical slice, I got a finalized version of half the game because gamers have no patience and were all crying.

Broken Age .5 is incredible, but wait for the whole game unless you kickstarted it.

same, i'm thinking of it like i just got another telltale episodic game and just have to wait for the next one to pop up sometime

speaking of which, i really need to play fables and walking dead sometime

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Notorious QIG posted:

cvgs: gave in to my loot treadmill craving and bought d3+ros. the ros key works fine but the d3 one doesnt and the support is being really loving slow :negative:
D3+RoS is pretty good and fixed a lot of problems with the game, and the new areas are pretty nice.

I lost interest around the time I got two of my characters to the point where the only way to advance them further would be to grind out very specific, perfectly-rolled items...which is kinda pointless so yeah.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

coffeetable posted:

Once upon a time, there was a racist tree. Seriously, you are going to hate this tree. High on a hill overlooking the town, the racist tree grew where the grass was half clover. Children would visit during the sunlit hours and ask for apples, and the racist tree would shake its branches and drop the delicious red fruit that gleamed without being polished. The children ate many of the racist tree's apples and played games beneath the shade of its racist branches. One day the children brought Sam, a boy who had just moved to town, to play around the racist tree.

"Let Sam have an apple," asked a little girl.

"I don't think so. He's black," said the tree. This shocked the children and they spoke to the tree angrily, but it would not shake its branches to give Sam an apple, and it called him a friend of the family.

"I can't believe the racist tree is such a racist," said one child. The children momentarily reflected that perhaps this kind of behavior was how the racist tree got its name.

It was decided that if the tree was going to deny apples to Sam then nobody would take its apples. The children stopped visiting the racist tree.

The racist tree grew quite lonely. After many solitary weeks it saw a child flying a kite across the clover field.

"Can I offer you some apples?" asked the tree eagerly.

"gently caress off, you goddamn Nazi," said the child.

The racist tree was upset, because while it was very racist, it did not personally subscribe to Hitler's fascist ideology. The racist tree decided that it would have to give apples to black children, not because it was tolerant, but because otherwise it would face ostracism from white children.

And so, social progress was made.

:vince:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Fabricated posted:

D3+RoS is pretty good and fixed a lot of problems with the game, and the new areas are pretty nice.

I lost interest around the time I got two of my characters to the point where the only way to advance them further would be to grind out very specific, perfectly-rolled items...which is kinda pointless so yeah.

im sure it would be a good game if i could play it :argh:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Notorious QIG posted:

im sure it would be a good game if i could play it :argh:

someone's not gaming with the console versions which are superior to the pc version :smug:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Fabricated posted:

i played d3 back when there was an auction house still and i stopped when i got my guys(monk and wizard mainly) to max level and whatever the hardest difficulty was and then it turned into poo poo immediately. is it really that much better now? my main issue was that every run through the game was well, super identical and going through the motions all teh time to rush through the acts/chapters/sections/whatever

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
waht ever happend w zors date i hope he didn't get craigslist killered

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
where the gently caress is kentucky route zero four

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

duckfarts posted:

i played d3 back when there was an auction house still and i stopped when i got my guys(monk and wizard mainly) to max level and whatever the hardest difficulty was and then it turned into poo poo immediately. is it really that much better now? my main issue was that every run through the game was well, super identical and going through the motions all teh time to rush through the acts/chapters/sections/whatever

Once you play through the storyline once you never have to touch it again. The four playthrough things is out, enemies scale to your level and there are 10 difficulty levels on top of that, with the easiest being something you pretty much have to try to get killed in, and the highest half being more that "turned to poo poo" thing you mentioned.

Instead of the story they have what's called adventure mode, which is basically free travel between all acts and their waypoints, and in each act 5 random "quests" are given from the storyline pool (e.g. Kill the Skeleton King, clear out the Khazra Den, kill every creature on the 2nd floor of this dungeon with a resplendent chest) and if you complete all 5 in an act you get a chest which showers you with riches, as well as special currency to get access to "rifts", basically completely randomized dungeons with a ramped-up loot drop rate. So you can focus on the parts of the game you enjoy this way.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

univbee posted:

Once you play through the storyline once you never have to touch it again.
alternatively, you never have to touch it at all

bastion's keep

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

pagancow posted:

broken age is loving gorgeous and makes me mad that modern 2d is usually so bad

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

where the gently caress is kentucky route zero four

if the wait for act iii is any indication we'll be waiting for a year or so

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

so what would you do yospos, would you just buy d3 on b.net and sell the key if they ever actually give me one? after all im out that money anyway and i have a ros key burning a hole in my pocket

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

keyboard vomit posted:

if the wait for act iii is any indication we'll be waiting for a year or so

I hope kr0 4 has a moment in it like that amazing song in 3

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Fabricated posted:

So you lost interest the second it turned into a Diablo game.

I'm replaying on consoles and I can't wait to get the dumb story finished and hit the level cap so the real game starts.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Notorious QIG posted:

so what would you do yospos, would you just buy d3 on b.net and sell the key if they ever actually give me one? after all im out that money anyway and i have a ros key burning a hole in my pocket

did you install the client yet because that poo poo is like 40gb now so you can wait for the d3 key whilst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Katana Gomai posted:

did you install the client yet because that poo poo is like 40gb now so you can wait for the d3 key whilst

holy poo poo i didnt realize it was that big :eyepop:

installing now

• Locked thread