Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

what's his name

It's not Erik Kain although he is OK. Forbes new site is a loving nightmare to navigate, but he was, for a long time, the only video game guy that wasn't a "contributor" before they started that whole system. Now their video game stuff is like 35% Buzzfeed because of their submission system.

I will say Erik Kain's article on this mess is probably the only one anyone has written that brings up valid points about the entire industry being basically a giant balancing act of shilldom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I did not read the OP.]

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

Walk down to the bad part of town, and start donating.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

gleebster posted:

I did not read the OP.]

you just triggered me

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

gleebster posted:

I did not read the OP.]

tldr youre a cis hetero rapist hth

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

El Estrago Bonito posted:

It's not Erik Kain although he is OK. Forbes new site is a loving nightmare to navigate, but he was, for a long time, the only video game guy that wasn't a "contributor" before they started that whole system. Now their video game stuff is like 35% Buzzfeed because of their submission system.

I will say Erik Kain's article on this mess is probably the only one anyone has written that brings up valid points about the entire industry being basically a giant balancing act of shilldom.

Erik Kain is generally a pretty good writer who has also been on the receiving end of a Ben Kuchera-initiated smear campaign.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

gleebster posted:

I did not read the OP.]

i feel threatened by this.

leaving my home now!

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
what would be an acceptable tumblr sjw game anyway? a character creator with a 2D graph for plotting your gender and an infinite number of skin tone and clothing options to create the perfect pan sexual gender fluid princess?

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

I'd say it's worth linking and reading: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/08/26/sex-lies-and-video-games/

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

I know instruck you the reader, to watch this video, it's 360p so it should play on most xbox ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0xr31XbSOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

thanks, i didn't expect the mainstream news to pick this up at all but assuming you mean this it's a good article

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

what would be an acceptable tumblr sjw game anyway? a character creator with a 2D graph for plotting your gender and an infinite number of skin tone and clothing options to create the perfect pan sexual gender fluid princess?

All Points Bulletin but without the part where it restricts clothes by gender

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

CrazyLittle posted:

So you really don't care about journalism after all. Thanks for playing.

Oh, and thanks for donating :10bux: for the title.

tbh i dont think anyone really cares about game journalism because its an unsalvageable pool of stale piss. most people just like laughing at a terrible abusive person and then become somewhat alarmed when people actually start rushing to their aid

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

porkchop_express posted:

tldr youre a cis hetero rapist hth

Sorry, I didn't mean to be.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

the game is literally unplayable as a trigger warning

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Digiwizzard posted:

tbh i dont think anyone really cares about game journalism because its an unsalvageable pool of stale piss. most people just like laughing a terrible abusive person and then become somewhat alarmed when people actually start rushing to their aid

People buy that poo poo up, look at spore, drangon age 2, simcity 2014, games are poo poo.

make a good one

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

they will still defend and buy lovely games

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

gleebster posted:

Sorry, I didn't mean to be.

give me 5 hail zoes and 4 our anitas and you will be cleansed my child.

also donate to my lifestyle thx

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

thanks, i didn't expect the mainstream news to pick this up at all but assuming you mean this it's a good article

The only real issue is that, as Forbes, they don't have to deal with some of the stuff actual 100% video games focused media outlets have to deal with. Ubisoft locked 1up and EGM out of a bunch of poo poo for poo poo talking their aggressive ad money = good ratings platform, but no one is going to lock loving Forbes out of anything because come on its motherfucking Forbes.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

porkchop_express posted:

the game is literally unplayable as a trigger warning

so then you create your character and it jumps to a cut scene where your dad returns from a 15 year quest to get a pack of cigarettes and pays attention to you again?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
This stupid SJW poo poo is taking up precious screen space that could be used for articles on why the Sims 4 doesn't have pools or something

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

I'm gamerkin

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

CrazyLittle posted:

So you really don't care about journalism after all. Thanks for playing.

Oh, and thanks for donating :10bux: for the title.

"it's impossible to care about more than 1 thing. you cannot care about journalism and integrity on one hand, and about bullshit claims of harassment on the other, at the same time. somehow this does not work on planet tardus, where i live"

cue 0 evidence again

also lol thanks to whoever bought you the title

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I could really go for a Five Guys burger right about now.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
like the death threats are hosed up and all but if you're supporting Zoe Quinn in this scenario you clearly were not paying attention and are an idiot

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I'm gamerkin

i'm a gamer+kin you rapekin

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Theophany posted:

I could really go for a Five Guys burger right about now.

ill put extra mayo on it for ya

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

DoubleWelp posted:

isnt it cool how this thread went from 200 pages of laughing at every retard involved in this mess to unironically picking sides in this internet slapfight

Don't worry there are still lots of terrible people to laugh at.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

where's clozarilkin treating their mental illness?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
not racist but

all white men look the same

sorry

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

greatest country on earth.

putin please nuke the us. i want to fallout cosplay kthx

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
you'd think they'd all have benzo prescriptions for that sorta thing. oh who am i kidding they went on an ssri for a week and claimed it stunted their creativity

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

porkchop_express posted:

greatest country on earth.

putin please nuke the us. i want to fallout cosplay kthx

I'm a burnt skeleton in a car slumped in a sexualized position

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

The Brown Menace posted:

"it's impossible to care about more than 1 thing. you cannot care about journalism and integrity on one hand, and about bullshit claims of harassment on the other, at the same time. somehow this does not work on planet tardus, where i live"

Oh but you tryhard so much about Zoe that it's clearly the primary focus of your outrage. You complain about journalistic integrity and then defend harassment of games developers. Somehow you still haven't put it together how those two divergent directions have almost nothing to do with each other.

If you still deny that the proof-of-threats exists, read through the comments on the five guys video. I'm not going to perpetuate doxxing and rape threats.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

please dont make fun of dead goons

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Proteus4994 posted:

like the death threats are hosed up and all but if you're supporting Zoe Quinn in this scenario you clearly were not paying attention and are an idiot

Kane and lynch 2 scored a 9.

and mcdoanlds was the advertiser.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
these retard writers want vidja games to be the 60s art scene so bad

every pasty nerd's cubicle is the factory and every sadbrains fat girl pretending to make games is oldenburg

u gotta suck warhol's dick to get in a gallery and if u don't think a bag of potatos is art then something wrong with ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

anita and i find that threatening leaving our undisclosed location for an undisclosed undisclosed location

• Locked thread