Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

maybe zoe quinn is an a-hole and cuck-queen, i dont think that merits spreading nudes of her and accusing every website of being biased in her favor because they don't want to report on relationship drama
Are you an idiot? Everyone thinks it's biased because when cases with even less proof came up against men all those websites went in lockstep against the alleged rapists, actively attacked their careers, and caused them to lose job opportunities. This issue has actual chatlogs and such which while possibly forged (would have been a lot of forging, but it is possible I guess) had a totally different response that went straight to attacking the victim instead. If you can't acknowledge that as a problem you're part of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
thats cool, i dont care particularly about zoe quinn and its p poo poo if those people genuinely didn't do anything wrong, idk what that has to do with me saying lots of the people against her writing longform essays in gbs are crazy as heck

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

people who supposedly consider themselves left-wing are watching your back, corporations, sleep tight

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

CrazyLittle posted:

You do realize that accusing the victim of lying, again, only proves the point, right?

And no, I'm not playing your game of rebroadcasting the attacks. So far I've already found plenty of vile tweets, youtube comments, and posts on reddit/4chan. Are you denying that Zoe's being harassed/threatened?

You really don't understand what's going on do you?

Harassment and threats against Quinn and Sarkeesian are likely a mix of being real, exaggerated, or completely faked. And threats/harassment against them are exactly what they want. The two make their living as professional victims. The bigger the "witch hunt" against them, the more bank they make. This whole ordeal has more the doubled Quinn's monthly salary for sitting around and doing nothing. She earns more per year than many teachers and she wrote the text for one incredibly lovely game two years ago. I seriously doubt her actual work on Depression Quest took more than a couple hours. She has done nothing since then except collect even more money for a pretend game jam.

edit: removed assumption about our SWJ

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 31, 2014

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

ArbitraryC posted:

Are you an idiot? Everyone thinks it's biased because when cases with even less proof came up against men all those websites went in lockstep against the alleged rapists, actively attacked their careers, and caused them to lose job opportunities. This issue has actual chatlogs and such which while possibly forged (would have been a lot of forging, but it is possible I guess) had a totally different response that went straight to attacking the victim instead. If you can't acknowledge that as a problem you're part of it.

like i said, he posted a video showing the conversation he took screenshots from on his computer, and showed a closeup of the url proving it was zoe quinn. the possibility of them being forged is pretty much out of the question. also zoe quinn hasn't denied any of it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
when it comes to anita kardashian im prolly gonna pick the side that has william gibson on it imo

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Games shouldn't be fun or a form of escapism, they should instead enlighten us by raising awareness of social issues and constantly reminding us of the injustices of the world.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Brown Menace posted:

apparently the guy who hates fun is devin wilson

these people are literally parodies. they are the guys that people on freep joke about where you read their joking around in the laughing about freep thread or whatever and go "ugh they're overdoing it way too much, there's no way such a person could exist"

https://archive.today/2t93l#selection-1689.76-1693.450
Yeah, this is a his full article, its weird as gently caress and it wouldn't surprise if this was end goal for alot of SJWs even zoe or anita.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pawn 17 posted:

You really don't understand what's going on do you?

Harassment and threats against Quinn and Sarkeesian are likely a mix of being real, exaggerated, or completely faked. And threats/harassment against them are exactly what they want. The two make their living as professional victims. The bigger the "witch hunt" against them, the more bank they make. This whole ordeal has more the doubled Quinn's monthly salary for sitting around and doing nothing. She earns more per year than many teachers and she wrote the text for one incredibly lovely game two years ago. I seriously doubt her actual work on Depression Quest took more than a couple hours. She has done nothing since then except collect even more money for a pretend game jam.

I'm assuming you are friends with Zoe (or Zoe herself? :tinfoil:) and you will keep turning a blind eye towards anything and everything showing what a loving terrible person she is based solely on the terrible actions she has taken.

Women enjoy being threatened since it creates a business opportunity for them.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Denim Dude posted:

like i said, he posted a video showing the conversation he took screenshots from on his computer, and showed a closeup of the url proving it was zoe quinn. the possibility of them being forged is pretty much out of the question. also zoe quinn hasn't denied any of it.

Plus she said blame your husband not me to the wife of her boss. So in a sea of rumors, the first thing definitively proven true is that she cheated on her boyfriend with 5+ guys.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
All I really expect out of people is "Yeah Zoe is a lovely person but...". I don't care about anything that comes after but...

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

i masturbate while playing candy crush in solidarity

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The Brown Menace posted:

apparently the guy who hates fun is devin wilson

these people are literally parodies. they are the guys that people on freep joke about where you read their joking around in the laughing about freep thread or whatever and go "ugh they're overdoing it way too much, there's no way such a person could exist"

Pretty much all the points on his dumb list are hilariously stupid.

quote:

6. We maintain a critical eye towards the e-sports scene and its accompanying machismo.
Goddamn FIFA 2014 players are the real problem.

quote:

12. We don’t afford any credence to the idea that games are “just for fun”. Games are not neutral.
Sorry, one paragraph on how fun is ruining games wasn't enough.

quote:

16. We do not assume that the harassment we’ve seen lately is a complete aberration. We understand that there is a link between this medium that terrorists see themselves as defending and the terrorism itself.
ISIS loving loves video games. Jack Thompson was right.

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
16. We do not assume that the harassment we’ve seen lately is a complete aberration. We understand that there is a link between this medium that terrorists see themselves as defending and the terrorism itself.

This is a level of liberalism I never even imagined existed

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This was a horrible week to be a human. I think we might be witnessing death of an identity.

I'm an x-man now.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

thats cool, i dont care particularly about zoe quinn and its p poo poo if those people genuinely didn't do anything wrong, idk what that has to do with me saying lots of the people against her writing longform essays in gbs are crazy as heck

You're just really dumb if you can't connect this to being a problem with social justice communities in general. Everyone went to bat for a self titled rapist because she was a woman and friends with them which undermines pretty much the entire community. So many prominent people were involved in this and they still refuse to acknowledge their mistakes and that in itself is a huge issue. People like you are all too willing to acknowledge the existence of the vocal minority of MRA, who in all reality has no influence or has made much of an impact on anything, but want to completely disregard the presence of the SJW who is literally so influential there was an orchestrated campaign of censorship, lies, and doublestandards. MRAs have done poo poo all of anything, SJWs got thousands of comments deleted, articles censored, victims blamed, and still somehow are making money off of being attackedby the patriarchy.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Hey now calling me a terrorist is my trigger. You must address me as a "Freedom Fighter".

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

etalian posted:

Women enjoy being threatened since it creates a business opportunity for them.

Do we have a straw man emote?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
wow people take video games very seriously

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Brannock posted:

it must be really awesome to be abusive and manipulative towards someone and when they've finally had enough and dump/out you, you get considered the victim instead

Eron Gonji dumped Zoe. By your logic that makes him the abuser.

Shinjobi posted:

Dude, I think Zoe's closed for the weekend. All this work on your part isn't going to get you any closer to a hand job. She is a bad person, she did bad things, and while it's yet to be 200% confirmed that she used her body for publicity, acting on that suspicion has turned up multiple instances where dudes she has allegedly slept with rewarding her game with awards and other such things. There is no shaming going on with Zoe; her cursed vajayngo has ruined some lives. Unless of course you're trying to say that the wives/girlfriends of the dudes Zoe allegedly slept with are lying, too? In which case, holy poo poo balls you're already in your own little world.

Right, criticizing the harassment of Zoe Quinn must mean there's sexual favors involved. Got it.

Also thanks for admitting that you're excusing harassment over unconfirmed rumors and the one-sided story of an ugly breakup.

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 31, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Supernorn posted:

Games shouldn't be fun or a form of escapism, they should instead enlighten us by raising awareness of social issues and constantly reminding us of the injustices of the world.

These people want to subject everyone else to their lovely college course class lectures because they hate that everyone else was off getting a real major.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

CrazyLittle posted:

even taking in to account the context of the person you quoted and the picture i'm not seeing this.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

CrazyLittle posted:

:rolleyes:

did you really just do that?

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Lightanchor posted:

This is a level of liberalism I never even imagined existed

Because it isn't liberal.

This particular brand of people is looking for de-institutionalized religion with all the same mythologizing, guilt, control, and moral panic crap.

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
I do take some pride in the fact that I can call myself a Game Designer and not feel like a liar. However, I also feel like a number of the “games” I’ve made aren’t Games (or even Puzzles, which can be considered their own form as well). I’m fine with that! To me, it’s not exclusively symptomatic of an unquestionably fascistic game culture. Certainly the popular notion of what constitutes a “game” (or, worse, a “gamer”) is far too restrictive, but that doesn’t mean that an academic examination of the form is irresponsible or abhorrent.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gyges posted:

Goddamn FIFA 2014 players are the real problem.

No-no, it's those macho men jock husks who play League of Legends and DotA competitively.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lightanchor posted:

I do take some pride in the fact that I can call myself a Game Designer and not feel like a liar. However, I also feel like a number of the “games” I’ve made aren’t Games (or even Puzzles, which can be considered their own form as well). I’m fine with that! To me, it’s not exclusively symptomatic of an unquestionably fascistic game culture. Certainly the popular notion of what constitutes a “game” (or, worse, a “gamer”) is far too restrictive, but that doesn’t mean that an academic examination of the form is irresponsible or abhorrent.

source your quotes

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

I agree Django Unchained was a fine movie, although I think the German dude was better than the main character.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CrazyLittle posted:

Right, criticizing the harassment of Zoe Quinn must mean there's sexual favors involved. Got it.

Also thanks for admitting that you're excusing harassment over unconfirmed rumors and the one-sided story of an ugly breakup.

I guess random wives and girlfriends weighing in on Twitter is just part of the lie. Man, it looks like the story isn't "Horrible person uses her body for favors," and it's actually "A network of countless people have just put together the greatest and most intricate fabrication the internet has ever seen." Despite the woman at the center of all this not even denying what she did. You got me, man. My eyes are truly open.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

remember this twitter user who used to be so pro-zoe (among other things) that people thought she was an anita sockpuppet?

she has done a 180

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

A great many pages earlier you were asking about CYOA games: https://www.choiceofgames.com/

Pretty fun stuff.

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012

Spiky Ooze posted:

Because it isn't liberal.

This particular brand of people is looking for de-institutionalized religion with all the same mythologizing, guilt, control, and moral panic crap.

Should I have said neoliberal? I meant liberalism as accepting the framework of capitalism, reducing everything to identity politics, and demanding everybody stay in their proper place--affirming their right 'not to be harassed'. There's the system, and all reasonable people are to adhere to the system: the repressed concerns of the disenfranchised are 'terroristic'.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

CrazyLittle posted:

Oh, I get it, you're illiterate. Why are you so obsessed with Zoe Quinn? Why can't you stop talking about her?

CrazyLittle posted:

:lol: You for real can't read.

XK fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 31, 2014

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

source your quotes

http://gamasutra.com/blogs/DevinWilson/20130411/190328/Whats_in_a_Game.php

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyLittle posted:

Zoe is talentless and gets her money from internet/real-life whoring.

Confirm/Deny?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

CrazyLittle posted:

:psyduck: can you go back and reread what I wrote/you quoted please, unless you didn't misread me and instead you're suggesting that the act of breaking up with someone is itself abusive

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Paladinus posted:

No-no, it's those macho men jock husks who play League of Legends and DotA competitively.

I didn't know they played live action Sesame Street One of These Things at DotA tournaments. Kind of cheating to also have him holding an orange.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

CrazyLittle posted:

So if given the chance to stop the next Elliot Rodgers given a credible and tangible threat... you would do nothing? I'm not saying that abusers should be exempt from ramifications. I'm saying that witch hunts on twitter/4chan/reddit/sa/pa are not acceptable answers. You're trying to setup some magical scenario where it's justifiable to inflict harm under the guise of retaliation, and that's just making excuses for harassment.

nice form

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
We're all abusers on the inside and that's what makes us special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

facebook jihad posted:

wow people take video games very seriously
While video games started it the issue has kind of brought to light a solid example of criticisms people have against "social justice" on the internet. It has long been accused of doublestandards (I mean how many times have you read "if genders were switched", that's literally what happened here and it was straight up confirmed) and censoring people in the name of political correctness. Pretty much all the criticism that people try to write off as "oh comeon that's only some small minority blogging on tumblr, they have no influence" actually came to play in a major way. It's clear the group that wanted to play persecuted minority actually had a lot more tools, authority, and power than the people they claim were oppressing them.

• Locked thread