Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
im gonna read this thread one day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Putty posted:

no dont

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

like lol. if you currently pay taxes (and you do, unless you live sovereign citizen style innawoods like wesley snipes) you also happen to support the loving kingdom of saudi arabia, which the US and various other countries give free cash to to buy weapons (so in essence you are supporting your local military industrial complex by way of the most misogynistic officially recognized regime on earth one could imagine) to spite iran, a country where transgender women are officially recognized and allowed to marry men in completely legal marriages after they get sex reassignment surgery (which is also legal there, but not at all in the KSA)

protest this, SJW

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Putty posted:

don't bother

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
i had to google KSA

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
brown menace what is the word you use to gas 4chan threads, is it saffron, saffron this thread please

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
In all seriousness, I'm far from a volunteer in women' rights or anything, but thanks to the chruch group I work with, I've been to Vietnam and poo poo, to teach unprivileged children to read, to write, and stuff with taking care of livestock. I've seen a poo poo ton of left wingers there, most of us where, but I've never seen a single SJW/weird twitter person doing what they preach.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

sebmojo posted:

Derailing and suppression of sexism-related discussion on https://www.rpg.net

We’ve previously had a serious problem with female gamers being made to feel unwelcome on the forum by systematic derailment and suppression of discussions of sexism. As a result we have identified a number of behaviours that we will infract.

These include:

- Threadjacking discussion from the female to the male experience of an issue
- Denying the experiences of female posters
- Demanding to be educated on the subject
- Concern trolling (such as "But I'm concerned discussion of sexism will drown out discussion of the good things about $GAME")
- Questioning the validity of sexism as a phenomena or a topic of discussion at RPGnet
- Demanding that the debate be reframed (e.g. "This debate is too emotional"/"This should only be about solutions, not criticisms" etc.)
- Accusing other posters of looking to be offended
- Accusing male posters of "White-Knighting" or otherwise arguing against sexism solely for the approval of women

I like how one of these moderators is now a moderator here.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Neurolimal posted:

brown menace what is the word you use to gas 4chan threads, is it saffron, saffron this thread please

this joke makes u look stupid

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

sebmojo posted:

Not really. Zoe said that she thought pretending you weren't sleeping with someone else would be a deception, which would remove the validity of consent. It's a legally sound position.

Girl's a raper.

No it's not.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

sebmojo posted:

Derailing and suppression of sexism-related discussion on https://www.rpg.net

We’ve previously had a serious problem with female gamers being made to feel unwelcome on the forum by systematic derailment and suppression of discussions of sexism. As a result we have identified a number of behaviours that we will infract.

These include:

- Threadjacking discussion from the female to the male experience of an issue
- Denying the experiences of female posters
- Demanding to be educated on the subject
- Concern trolling (such as "But I'm concerned discussion of sexism will drown out discussion of the good things about $GAME")
- Questioning the validity of sexism as a phenomena or a topic of discussion at RPGnet
- Demanding that the debate be reframed (e.g. "This debate is too emotional"/"This should only be about solutions, not criticisms" etc.)
- Accusing other posters of looking to be offended
- Accusing male posters of "White-Knighting" or otherwise arguing against sexism solely for the approval of women
You got banned there and are bitter about it aren't you

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
zoe quinn raped me

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
im genuinely curious, think of it as a cultural exchange

im at the front page now, how do i buy an account

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

The Brown Menace posted:

like lol. if you currently pay taxes (and you do, unless you live sovereign citizen style innawoods like wesley snipes) you also happen to support the loving kingdom of saudi arabia, which the US and various other countries give free cash to to buy weapons (so in essence you are supporting your local military industrial complex by way of the most misogynistic officially recognized regime on earth one could imagine) to spite iran, a country where transgender women are officially recognized and allowed to marry men in completely legal marriages after they get sex reassignment surgery (which is also legal there, but not at all in the KSA)

protest this, SJW

doesn't iran only offer that option because they think of it as a cure for being gay

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

NutritiousSnack posted:

In all seriousness, I'm far from a volunteer in women' rights or anything, but thanks to the chruch group I work with, I've been to Vietnam and poo poo, to teach unprivileged children to read, to write, and stuff with taking care of livestock. I've seen a poo poo ton of left wingers there, most of us where, but I've never seen a single SJW/weird twitter person doing what they preach.

thing u gotta understand is no one gives a poo poo

not even the angriest white boy on the internet not really. they care about picking a side and being a little oval office on the internet and winning against the other side

they think they care but nope not when u get to the reality of things. aint a one of those angry rear end nerds going to bed dreaming about diverse video games theyre going to bed angry about what some other little oval office typed on the internet

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

i mean seriously, just wrap your head around this.

iran, the loving nexus of absolute evil as far as gullible westerners are concerned, allows people to be transgender, up to and including the right to marry, officially, after they had sex-reassignment surgery

meanwhile in the kingdom of saudi arabia, an entire class of schoolgirls was left to perish in a fire because all firefighters on the scene were male

your tax dollars support the latter

you are quiet about this

you pretend you care about feminism and gender equality

keep tweeting about tit armors, you idiots

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
it is literally impossible to care about more than one thing at a time

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Brown Menace posted:

iran, the loving nexus of absolute evil as far as gullible westerners are concerned, allows people to be transgender, up to and including the right to marry, officially, after they had sex-reassignment surgery

meanwhile in the kingdom of saudi arabia, an entire class of schoolgirls was left to perish in a fire because all firefighters on the scene were male

you are quiet about this

I find it hard to believe that Zoe Quinn pays taxes on her Patreon money

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

THE PENETRATOR posted:

zoe quinn raped me

She had part in causing the thread. I guess there's a little Quinn in all of us now.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I find it hard to believe that Zoe Quinn pays taxes on her Patreon money

then she is the most virtuous of us all

zoe quinn is avoiding having to fund the american war machine, what are YOU doing to absolve yourself of guilt, brown menace

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Bull Runner posted:

No it's not.
Conditional consent is a term like enthusiastic consent that has been kicked around a lot in socially progressive communities. Julien Assange is literally a fugitive hiding from a charge that uses conditional consent being violated = sexual assault right now as an ongoing thing. Obviously there are some flaws with the definition considering how ubiquitous infidelity is, you'd have to arrest half of america if you turned this into a legal thing you actively went after rigorously (though to be fair the same kind of applies for intoxicated=can't consent). It is however her own definition and a definition a lot of people in that community would agree with if it wasn't being used against a woman they support.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Froghammer posted:

You got banned there and are bitter about it aren't you

haha no.

Realtalk, i think it's silly and disingenuous but they knew what sort of talking they wanted to have and they made rules to get it.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Neurolimal posted:

it is literally impossible to care about more than one thing at a time

which i mentioned in my previous post. i have never, NEVER seen people arguing this point actually caring about the other thing.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ArbitraryC posted:

Conditional consent is a term like enthusiastic consent that has been kicked around a lot in socially progressive communities. Julien Assange is literally a fugitive hiding from a charge that uses conditional consent being violated = sexual assault right now as an ongoing thing. Obviously there are some flaws with the definition considering how ubiquitous infidelity is, you'd have to arrest half of america if you turned this into a legal thing you actively went after rigorously (though to be fair the same kind of applies for intoxicated=can't consent). It is however her own definition and a definition a lot of people in that community would agree with if it wasn't being used against a woman they support.

Stop trying to justify an insane argument.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
maybe they aren't aware of it and you should raise awareness about it and also tell them to boycott saudi arabia products and voting for politicians who oppose saudi arabia (lol), instead of using it to earn points in a gbs thread

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

The Brown Menace posted:

which i mentioned in my previous post. i have never, NEVER seen people arguing this point actually caring about the other thing.
I can pretty much guarantee I have personally been to more rallies and demonstrations than anyone arguing in favor of zoe quinn and her ilk.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

The Brown Menace posted:

people fight the battles they think they can win

which is a really depressing thing to say and pretty close to what you're saying but significantly not-quite

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

THE PENETRATOR posted:

zoe quinn raped me

*bumps against you*

cuck

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bull Runner posted:

The link I posted before is to the Criminal Prosecution Service in the UK. Insane or not, it's an argument with legal force.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

The Brown Menace posted:

you are quiet about this

lol

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

like feel free to post even a single picture, a single pic, of a sign or whatever (what a piss-poor excuse for caring to begin with) being sported by someone at the massive slut walk protests a while ago which mentions the rampant, utter misogyny going on in the middle east

not globally (easy poo poo), but the middle east and the US ally and nexus of misogyny in the region, the kingdom of saudi arabia

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Bull Runner posted:

It's not insane, it's a pretty sensible definition. If someone tells you that they won't have sex with you under certain conditions and you actively lie about those conditions to keep having sex with them then yeah you're kind of violating their consent and they may feel sexually violated upon learning you did that. Yeah I get it causes a legal quagmire (though so does drunk=can't consent to sex, I mean how many of us have raped someone on that definition?), but in terms of thinking someone is a bad person morally for violating those standards it's pretty fair.

e: to reiterate it also has legal precedent in some countries. Like it's not a randomly internet made up thing but there is at least one high profile case where they are trying to charge someone with that exact crime right now.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 1, 2014

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

sebmojo posted:

The link I posted before is to the Criminal Prosecution Service in the UK. Insane or not, it's an argument with legal force.

I might be convinced if I see convictions for cheating.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Close thread again, its not funny anymore.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

just tried with google image search myself and not a single sign was to be seen on google image search, but maybe you can find a sign here because google personalizes searches

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Brown Menace posted:

just tried with google image search myself and not a single sign was to be seen on google image search, but maybe you can find a sign here because google personalizes searches

cucked up if true

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

davecrazy posted:

Close thread again, its not funny anymore.

i havent read it yet though

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

people fight the battles they think they can win

which is a really depressing thing to say and pretty close to what you're saying but significantly not-quite

lol literally feminism in the middle east where it is needed desperately is impossible, lets focus on video games and terminally depressed people instead

holy poo poo, seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Putty posted:

why would you do this :psyduck:

• Locked thread