Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Clitch posted:

Has anyone noticed how closely this crowd's actions mirror the extreme conservative movement over the past several years?

welcome to horseshoe theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Remember when games journalism used to be fun, and you were excited to read the latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly and see what their new April Fool's joke was gonna be?

I remember 1996

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Real hurthling! posted:

why is this thread moving faster than a 2008 obama circle jerk?

I guess you missed the announcement that Zoe Quinn will be the next Pres of Cuck

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EugeneJ posted:

Reminds me of the eBaum drama

i dont know that one so why dont we all gather round the fire and you tell us the story while we wait for phil fish to publicly suicide dwyer style

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Putty posted:

heers a cool vid i woudl watch instead of reading this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8p-CYk7lwQ

I typically hate games made for children, but this one looks sorta neat I guess.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Remember when games journalism used to be fun, and you were excited to read the latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly and see what their new April Fool's joke was gonna be?

i too remember when games journalism was something that existed

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Putty posted:

heers a cool vid i woudl watch instead of reading this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8p-CYk7lwQ

this is a good idea everyone should do it imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8pZdrPSt4c

wesley snipes is a cool dude who scares bad directors, his mighty kung fu is a cool vid i woudl watch instead of reading this thread

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
wow you guys actually care about this poo poo

:gas:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

sean is cool and creepy as hell

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

madeupfred posted:

Everyone's gone insane, the Internet has gone insane, somebody has to put it back together, somebody has to save it from itself.

We need Batman.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

yes i do.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

madeupfred posted:

follow me on twaiter

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Danger Mahoney posted:

i dont know that one so why dont we all gather round the fire and you tell us the story while we wait for phil fish to publicly suicide dwyer style

eBaumsWorld.com was ran by a kid named Eric Bauman - every single thing on his site was stolen (flash games, videos, images), including lots of things from Something Awful. He was a bastard about it. There was a DDoS war. He ended up selling the company for $20 million.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

If I were a twitter superstar I would do this all the time. I'd be the Adam Baldwin of feminazi SJWs.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol, someone mentioned Femen as an example of an effective feminist movement. :gas:light this thread, please.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

EugeneJ posted:

eBaumsWorld.com was ran by a kid named Eric Bauman - every single thing on his site was stolen (flash games, videos, images), including lots of things from Something Awful. He was a bastard about it. There was a DDoS war. He ended up selling the company for $20 million.

I thought it was that the company basically sold itself, and he and his family were forced out?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
will be on twitter with gbs posters +, to discuss gamer and gender issues in five.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
weird twitter fishing for fame right now. can't wait for whatever celeb death they fake next!

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

madeupfred posted:

thread is bad

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
if the thread gets gassed then i promise i'l read it

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EugeneJ posted:

sounds bout right

the internet makes it p hard to hang on to just world theory

http://youtu.be/PSKQ3ZNQ_O8

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE

Neurolimal posted:

tbh all the games in TFYC besides the zombie one (lol zombies) look boring as hell

i'd rather donate to, like, a legal defense fund for women who get hosed over by game studios, like that lady who was harassed by brad wardell

it's true, women make boring suggestions for games. imo they shouldn't even bother.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

Wow, I thought he tried to catch a falling knife and doubled down on his failing business. Thought it originally had a dotcom valuation around something like 100 million at one point. $15 mill ain't bad at all.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Tokamak posted:

Wow, I thought he tried to catch a falling knife and doubled down on his failing business. Thought it originally had a dotcom valuation around something like 100 million at one point. $15 mill ain't bad at all.

And that's $15,000,000 cash, not $15,000,000 in like stock or some poo poo.

He may be a huge rear end in a top hat, but he cashed out on his thing.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Neurolimal posted:

That sounds like a toxx

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

can you imagine how mad and triggered i am

not at all fyi, also gonna follow your poo poo, though watch out, i am a big bad gay rapeman

anyway, more stuff, more stuff!

owned

more supposed leftists defending corporations

patrick klepek on... something?

ABT

gamesjournalism.png

more white male opinions

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Everyone's gone insane, the Internet has gone insane, somebody has to put it back together, somebody has to save it from itself.

We need Goku.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah... I'm 35, so I remember the early/mid 90s and when those mags used to be pretty cool.

That's been over for a long, long time now.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
are gamers dead yet? have more cucks been released? is video game journalism filled with the integrity that video games deserve? i read the OP and 5s around for those

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE

Neurolimal posted:

you read it, and admitted to reading blog posts related to it before they were even posted in this thread. stop playin.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i genuinely, scouts honor, did not read any of pages 2-250, and i feel that my life has been enriched through taking this decision

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Neurolimal posted:

i genuinely, scouts honor, did not read any of pages 2-250, and i feel that my life has been enriched through taking this decision

you've only read 39 pages, you're a pretty chill dude who doesn't take stuff seriously.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
question who is craven moorhead there. my mom threw out my collection of indie hipster human being cards so i'm at sea with this whole business.

is he a bigger font of asinine unconsidered opinions than philip jones, i need to know who to draft for my fantasy slacktivism team

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

you've only read 39 pages, you're a pretty chill dude who doesn't take stuff seriously.

"have fun" should be everyones gbs motto imo

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

can you imagine how mad and triggered i am

not at all fyi, also gonna follow your poo poo, though watch out, i am a big bad gay rapeman

anyway, more stuff, more stuff!

owned

more supposed leftists defending corporations

patrick klepek on... something?

ABT

gamesjournalism.png

more white male opinions

Shut the gently caress up.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
everyone clam down

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658972&userid=108713

Literally all your posts are bitching about how this is dumb, ergo, you a retard.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

lovely Wizard posted:

Literally all your posts are bitching about how this is dumb

It's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
nice debate in here im really learning a lot

• Locked thread