Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

big duck equals goose posted:

Please don't leak my idea for a smash hit indie game I'm working on, thanks.

(It's a puzzle platformer)

I find your idea intriguing, and would like to pledge to your kickstarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.

does it have "retro" graphics?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Denim Dude posted:

no doubt. and i agree on your other points. i do not believe cheating is rape, obviously there aren't enough prisons in the world to hold all the people who cheat on their partner. the informed consent argument is pretty compelling to me though.
I mean there's not really enough prisons in the world to hold all people under "drunk=nonconsenual" sex definitions of rape either, but that doesn't really stop people from supporting the intent of the point.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Goobish posted:

What in the gently caress is real life?

Mostly a very long quicktime sequence.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

well what was it about?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Can I buy you a drink?

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I can't keep up with this thread anymore. If you guys want something added to the OP, send me a PM.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

madeupfred posted:

I can't keep up with this thread anymore. If you guys want something added to the OP, send me a PM.

I demand my Hideo Kojima theory be added to the OP.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

madeupfred posted:

I think I'm going to try and make somekind of chart to organize all of this just so people coming in have an idea what's going on.

Clitch posted:

Second

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Can we have a artistic depiction of zoe servicing five dicks at once added to the OP?

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

Denim Dude posted:

no doubt. and i agree on your other points. i do not believe cheating is rape, obviously there aren't enough prisons in the world to hold all the people who cheat on their partner. the informed consent argument is pretty compelling to me though.

problem i see with that is where to draw the line. Is not telling your Israeli girlfriend you're Palestinian rape? Is a transwoman not telling her partner she used to have a penis rape? Both of these things have happened.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

A. Beaverhausen posted:

lol

So seriously, do you still believe SJWs don't exist?

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.

pot...kettle...anime

edit: I just defended a brony what the gently caress have these monsters done to me to push me to this edge.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Half those people were probably there because they thought something was going to happen.

The other 910 were too busy downloading naked celebrity pictures.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I've been gone all day drinking and having a good time, has anything besides stupid goon infighting happened?

Dec 26, 2012

natetimm posted:

I've been gone all day drinking and having a good time, has anything besides stupid goon infighting happened?

you havent missed anything no

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This thread is my homepage.

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp

Clitch posted:

please make this happen tia

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

natetimm posted:

Nah

4chan says that they have "credible information" about Zoe Quinn pulling some poo poo off today at PAX but idgaf really anymore, just staying here for spergs and pics about twitter

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

01011001 posted:

you havent missed anything no

800 posts of it goddamn.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

natetimm posted:

every single celebrity's cloud was hacked and there's nudie pics galore being leaked

and Zoe Quinn did it

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

every single celebrity's cloud was hacked and there's nudie pics galore being leaked

and Zoe Quinn did it

Wait now I have a better opinion of her.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Harime Nui posted:

A bunch of twee liberal arts hipsters trying desperately to prove they are more than glorified ad men for publications that are themselves long ads for EA and Square Enix

fnox
May 19, 2013

who even respects journalists anymore lol.

Dec 26, 2012

natetimm posted:

800 posts of it goddamn.

there was a lot of arguing between the thread and two idiots, and it was incredibly bad, and there was a lot of it

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

When ZQ said all those game journalists were actually bloggers, she was right

My theory is she naturally smells like cheetos and doritos, which makes her irresistible to male gamers

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

01011001 posted:

there was a lot of arguing between the thread and two idiots, and it was incredibly bad, and there was a lot of it

Not to mentions the sizable number of posts going "this thread is bad" and "there's nothing to see here" and "shut the gently caress up and gas this thread"

Dec 26, 2012

Shadoer posted:

Not to mentions the sizable number of posts going "this thread is bad" and "there's nothing to see here" and "shut the gently caress up and gas this thread"

idgaf about those and neither should you

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
How is this poo poo still going on lol.

End result: tumblerites strawman gamers forever, gamers strawman tumblerites forever. Normal people think both are weirdos. I.e. nothing changes.

The drama is kind of fun though.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

This whole thing is a nostalgia trip through the 2000's. I thought this kind of stupid drama died with Web 3.0 and general awareness of how internet trends work, but here we have a group of people making asses of themselves and then instead of going offline for a week and letting it blow over they proceed to dig themselves deeper. The weird thing is how many people are fighting like this is some kind of internet Ragnarok when nothing is going to happen because

1) normal people don't give a gently caress about this kind of lame internet nerd poo poo
2) slacktivism has never accomplished (and will never accomplish) anything

At the end of the day

- Zoe Quinn and The Fine Young Capitalists, despite being enriched financially will not make any meaningful contribution to the feminist discourse or produce a decent video game
- Tumbler and 4chan will continue to exist with the same collection of opinions, and will continue to masturbate to anime and Dangan Ronpa LPs instead of doing something that might be fun like going outside or playing video games
- The enthusiast press will continue to be poo poo because people will keep linking clickbait and publishers will always have a reason to sustain a sycophant noise machine willing to unbox Mass Effect 4: Limited Edition with Asari Fuckpillow and declare it RPG of the century

and then it's all going to get written down and forgotten in Encyclopedia Dramatica, the grand codex of internet_shit_nobody_cares_about. We can probably gas the thread at this point because I doubt we're going to see anything new beyond the crowds getting bored and going home.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:
Its nice to see the "GAS THREAD" brigade put out an effort post.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I'm not confident that all the comedy has been wrung, like a wet rag, out of this series of events.

Until such time as this becomes a certainty, I will this thread to be open.

Also, I need time to run out and grab more whiskey.

Drunken cucklol crew out

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
this thread is a real gas!

Clitch posted:

I'm not confident that all the comedy has been wrung, like a wet rag, out of this series of events.

Until such time as this becomes a certainty, I will this thread to be open.

Also, I need time to run out and grab more whiskey.

Drunken cucklol crew out

I'm hoping for a unified front whee they all get up on stage together and sing united we stand together or some crap.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

Its nice to see the "GAS THREAD" brigade put out an effort post.

http://youtu.be/UTXpXesMcKE

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Al Borland posted:

this thread is a real gas!

I'm hoping for a unified front whee they all get up on stage together and sing united we stand together or some crap.

Hey! You're off probation! Let me pour you a drink. I found a bottle of crap Irish in the back seat of my car.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:

I still love this one from the first Fyad vs. Xbox One thread encounter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NQlOfXyrUY

Its catchy as poo poo. Seriously.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

I'm not sure I get the whole Zoe gets fake beat up plan to end gaming. Hasn't there already been gamers who shot up some schools and poo poo, killing dozens of people? Isn't that worse and it had no effect at all on anything not even US gun laws?

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian
I think this thread bothers people because around here it's fairly unusual for a thread to get a couple hundred posts without something interesting or new happening, but then you pop in and it's the some horrible poo poo with the exception of that incredible Kojima post a while ago

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I like the fact no FYAD people are doing and just GBS people, because while this thread is terrible it's sadly better than most GBS threads up now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

I still love this one from the first Fyad vs. Xbox One thread encounter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NQlOfXyrUY

Its catchy as poo poo. Seriously.

It's so loving dumb I can't help but smirk like a retard

• Locked thread