Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

What's he gonna use that for in the 4 years it will take for this game to come out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Sandweed posted:

What's he gonna use that for in the 4 years it will take for this game to come out?

Elite: Dangerous according to one of the pics. Which also isn't finished, but is doing far better than SC and doesn't have the stupid micromacro-transaction system

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

I hope this is a joke, but knowing the goddamn Internet, it's probably not.

I'm not even sure what this accomplishes? I can see some nutjob making a case that Kaworu should have special pronouns, but all the Reis are genetically female, and the ones that live long enough to display any sort of behavior that could maybe be construed as an indication of her sexual orientation behave in a heteronormative manner.

I guess it's been a while since I've seen the show--maybe I missed the episode where Rei stops mid-fight with an angel so she can lecture Shinji on what pronouns she prefers and how he shouldn't make assumptions because that makes you cis-loving-scum.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I hope this is a joke, but knowing the goddamn Internet, it's probably not.

I'm not even sure what this accomplishes? I can see some nutjob making a case that Kaworu should have special pronouns, but all the Reis are genetically female, and the ones that live long enough to display any sort of behavior that could maybe be construed as an indication of her sexual orientation behave in a heteronormative manner.

I guess it's been a while since I've seen the show--maybe I missed the episode where Rei stops mid-fight with an angel so she can lecture Shinji on what pronouns she prefers and how he shouldn't make assumptions because that makes you cis-loving-scum.

The word that I locked into on that post was "head canon," which basically means completely random poo poo you made up that you inject into media.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I'm not even sure what this accomplishes?

You paid attention to him/her/zir. It accomplished its goal.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

It's been years since I've seen it but from what I do remember I can't say it would strike me as particularly out of place.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Fatkraken posted:

Elite: Dangerous according to one of the pics. Which also isn't finished, but is doing far better than SC and doesn't have the stupid micromacro-transaction system

Get a decent wheel and it'd make for a pretty kickass setup for a racer.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

A friend has a theory on some dumb luck I've run into lately:

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt
It finally happened to me, thread. I found an idiot on my Facebook wall.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus gently caress you might want to cull your friend's list.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Turtlicious posted:

Definitely this specific person, what in the actual gently caress

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Turtlicious posted:

I think he might want to cull his friend's list from the gene pool, while he's at it. Especially since they're thinking about breeding. Goddamn.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

The Sin of Onan posted:

Is it normal for people to call Facebook comments/statuses "threads"?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

beato posted:

Yes. What would you use to refer to it?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

nucleicmaxid posted:

Status and comments?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

nucleicmaxid posted:

Status or Comments. Is Facebook a forum now?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

beato posted:

Back in my day, "threads and comments" were reserved for REAL threads on REAL forums, but nowadays these younguns use them all wrong and they barely even know anything about the real Internet of Something Awful and All Your Base.

(It's you, you're the get-off-my-lawn guy)

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

The Sin of Onan posted:

Orange is the voice of wisdom.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Get a decent wheel and it'd make for a pretty kickass setup for Euro Truck.

I agree

DoctorCubicle
Nov 18, 2012
Oh. Okay.

e. I should mention OP has a pretty Raunchy FetLife account that I'm pretty sure would get her fired.
But it probably wouldn't be okay if it happened to her because she has money? Right? Idk, gonna day drink now.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

DoctorCubicle posted:

Oh. Okay.

e. I should mention OP has a pretty Raunchy FetLife account that I'm pretty sure would get her fired.
But it probably wouldn't be okay if it happened to her because she has money? Right? Idk, gonna day drink now.

Send a link to her profile to her boss. I mean, if she didn't want her boss to see it, she shouldn't have made the profile.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

DoctorCubicle posted:

Oh. Okay.

Good to know that if something is automatically uploaded to a supposedly secure server it's my fault when a hacker gets into it. Mary Elisabeth Winstead said that she had deleted her portion of the leaked photos over a year ago.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

e: wrong thread

TheIncredulousHulk has a new favorite as of 16:17 on Sep 1, 2014

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

DoctorCubicle posted:

Oh. Okay.

In that case, I wouldn't be surprised if there are nudes of this person floating around somewhere. Apparently insane amounts of digging to find them is perfectly OK in their book. :v:

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
There's no need to post something about it because you won't understand it(it's Norwegian), but a friend of mine has recently turned vegan and she just can't shut the gently caress up about it. Every hour or so there's an update on what she's going to eat, how she's prepared it and oh how ~~~~***healthy***~~~~ and natural she suddenly feels. She's also started sharing image macros of how being a vegan is also being supportive of animal welfare and you shouldn't eat meat if you call yourself an animal lover.

Is this common? A cousin of mine also got a kid a while ago and she can't stop posting pictures/updating her status of incredibly boring news about her kid.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Stalins Moustache posted:

There's no need to post something about it because you won't understand it(it's Norwegian), but a friend of mine has recently turned vegan and she just can't shut the gently caress up about it. Every hour or so there's an update on what she's going to eat, how she's prepared it and oh how ~~~~***healthy***~~~~ and natural she suddenly feels. She's also started sharing image macros of how being a vegan is also being supportive of animal welfare and you shouldn't eat meat if you call yourself an animal lover.

Is this common? A cousin of mine also got a kid a while ago and she can't stop posting pictures/updating her status of incredibly boring news about her kid.

Obviously you need to post pictures of you devouring the flesh of dead animals like nature intended.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Yes, this is an extremely common thing. If you're lucky the vegan will eventually get the posting out of their system or move on to some other thing.

I usually try to cut new parents some slack since they've just gone through a big life change and this kid is kind of the center of their universe now. If it gets super obnoxious I just take them out of my feed.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

you shouldn't eat meat if you call yourself an animal lover.

I love animals. Specifically their taste. Don't care much for their lives though.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Also if you've ever read the farming threads, cows, sheep and chickens are dumb as bricks and pigs are basically monsters that would gladly eat you if they had the chance. :mrapig:

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Are you using the term animal welfare? Or is she? Because what she means, if she's a hardcore vegan and all meat is murder, is 'animal rights'. People who support animal welfare (as I do) believe that you can eat meat, have pets, and test on animals, so long as it's in a humane manner. Animal welfare supporters do not believe that 'animals are people too', but don't think that means we should be cruel.

People who support animal rights, and I'm talking about PETA and the like now, believe we should all go vegan, free all animals from farms and labs, and no one should ever get to own pets because that's a form of modern slavery.

Kinda a biased site, but: http://www.nabr.org/Animal_Activism/Welfare_vs_Rights.aspx
And the bbc, which seems to be swinging more on the side of rights over welfare: http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/animals/rights/introduction.shtml

In short, if she keeps throwing around the term animal welfare, feel free to be a dick and correct her.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Kimmalah posted:

Also if you've ever read the farming threads, cows, sheep and chickens are dumb as bricks and pigs are basically monsters that would gladly eat you if they had the chance. :mrapig:

Horses are also dumb as hell, c/d?

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Recently posted from that Vegan person.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Recently posted from that Vegan person.

In my experience, when vegetarians grow up they start eating meat again (or just stay vegetarian)

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Yes, it's common, it's caused by the first stages of B12 deficiency psychosis, it won't get any better and you might as well mourn the loss of your friend now.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Kavak posted:

Horses are also dumb as hell, c/d?

From what I understand yes they are pretty dumb. I personally don't give a poo poo what kind of animals people choose to eat, so I'm not sure what the point is.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Kimmalah posted:

I thought it was because they were intelligent as hell that they wanted/had the means to eat you.
:goonsay:

What is this even trying to say? :psyduck:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Kimmalah posted:

From what I understand yes they are pretty dumb. I personally don't give a poo poo what kind of animals people choose to eat, so I'm not sure what the point is.

Lack of coffee and a desire to confirm Ruddha's horse stories.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

kinmik posted:

I thought it was because they were intelligent as hell that they wanted/had the means to eat you.
:goonsay:

That and they're just omnivores that will eat anything. So don't ever pass out or die near hungry pigs if you can help it.

Kavak posted:

Lack of coffee and a desire to confirm Ruddha's horse stories.

I've never really been around them much myself, but I do know they'll spook at some of the stupidest things so it wouldn't surprise me if they were kind of dumb.

Minchin Dupree
Oct 23, 2008

...I'll smash them.

I've posted this guy here before, he seems to have no problem finding multiple ways to say "I'm a racist piece of poo poo"

The worst part is that red is a girl. All the commenters are dudes. I have never wanted to touch the poop so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

kinmik posted:

What is this even trying to say? :psyduck:

Gender is dead, long live gender.

• Locked thread