Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

greatn posted:

This is why if I'm ever a guard in a comic book prison, I am treating the inmates nice as gently caress. Giving them extra food, listening to how their day was, telling them I'm sorry for their loss, looking the other way if they got a pack of smokes. If they do break out and I see them, I'll well a tear up in my eye and shout "go on, get out of here!"

Didn't someone already try this and was murdered anyways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

jscolon2.0 posted:

This seems like a rational strategy until you remember this is what Harley did. Slippery slope, Puddin'.

So I end up a popular guy Friday to some femme fatale, popular enough my character is never killed and gets his own series? Can live with that.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

greatn posted:

So I end up a popular guy Friday to some femme fatale, popular enough my character is never killed and gets his own series? Can live with that.

It's all a whimsical journey until you find yourself sucking clown cock.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
But think of how many people will dress up as me at comic con!

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

greatn posted:

But think of how many people will dress up as me at comic con!

Indeed they will.

zoux posted:

Big Time Season Three Spoiler:

Won't that be awesome?

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy

Azubah posted:

Didn't someone already try this and was murdered anyways?

If you're a guard in a riot on prison, you're going to get hosed up no matter how nice you were.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/rila-fukushima-replaces-devon-aoki-as-katana-on-arrow/18415

Seems Devon Aoki had to drop out. Her replacement is Rila Fukushima.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She's way better!!!!! So much happy

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Devon Aoki is terrible so this is great news.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Pretty much the only issue this creates is that Fukushima isn't a native English speaker like Aoki, but she did fine in Wolverine 2, so meh.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She looks almost exactly the same as Devon, but she can act, her japanese is better and shes a dab hand with a sword-

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Echoing everyone else, this is great news :neckbeard:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I actually prefer Devon but the Wolverine lady is swell too.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
her brother is Steve Aoki, so no gently caress her.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

BreakAtmo posted:

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/rila-fukushima-replaces-devon-aoki-as-katana-on-arrow/18415

Jesus Christ, this show is blessed!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
That's quite a coup. Good on them.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Rocksicles posted:

her brother is Steve Aoki, so no gently caress her.

And Steve Aoki appeared on the show as himself in the first season, and Oliver stated that he used to date his sister Devon.

So yeah Devon being on the show as a different character would be pretty weird.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

BreakAtmo posted:

BAD. rear end. Best part of The Wolverine that wasn't Hugh Jackman.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They've cast Cupid on Arrow (hello Supernatural Alumnus) for Season 3.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

But they've already done an obsessive super soldier who's in love with Ollie!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Huh, I never realised Kreisberg had written for the GA book prior to his upcoming run. I suppose that's why they're willing to give it to him, as opposed to just the show's tie-in digital comic. Remarkable restraint in holding off the character this long, I suppose, given he created her, but then again, you kind of need the Arrow to be operating openly for the deranged fangirl-with-a-crush thing to work.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

jscolon2.0 posted:

Evil shipper taking things to far... its very CW.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

jscolon2.0 posted:

Ollie will just have to CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE :black101:

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

Liam Neeson says he would play Ra's on Arrow in a heartbeat. Honestly, I think they'd rather cast someone else in the role to stay away from the movies, but I'm going to keep my hopes up, dammit.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think for one he obviously didn't hear the interviewer mention that he was talking about the show, and two even if he did he probably wouldn't know what Arrow or CW was.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
It'd be kinda cool if they did redo the whole Batman begins "mentor is secretly Ra's" thing but you definitely couldn't put Neeson in.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Deadpool posted:

I think for one he obviously didn't hear the interviewer mention that he was talking about the show, and two even if he did he probably wouldn't know what Arrow or CW was.

I would throw cash at a kickstarter project for this.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

MildShow posted:

Liam Neeson says he would play Ra's on Arrow in a heartbeat. Honestly, I think they'd rather cast someone else in the role to stay away from the movies, but I'm going to keep my hopes up, dammit.

Given that Neeson will do any role since his wife died he would be all in for playing Ra's again. Plus he seems down to be in comic movies.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Did Liam state he'd take a massive pay cut to do it? Seriously.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Season 2 is on Netflix on 9/14, so tell your friends.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7usAdGlc32E

Commence tumblr meltdown.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Thea training montage :allears:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The inevitable Thea training montage needs to be scored to some 80s rock, pronto.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Dat backflip :flashfap:

This goddamn series regularly features stunts that other shows only dream about.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
"You have failed this city!"

He always kills that line.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
Probably recorded it the once..

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
he did the intro monologue at Comic Con, off the cuff. It sounded exactly the same.

:golfclap:

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
They seem really intent on keeping the show comicy and fun with just the right amount of camp and as long as they do I'll just have to keep watching it I guess. Very curious to know who's going to be Ra's but so far they have mostly nailed casting of villains so I'm not really worried.

Liam Neeson is hoping for too much though :(

Gaz-L posted:

Pretty much the only issue this creates is that Fukushima isn't a native English speaker like Aoki, but she did fine in Wolverine 2, so meh.

I like legit accents in things and Fukushima is a way better actress imo so I'm all on board for this.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Martout posted:

I like legit accents in things and Fukushima is a way better actress imo so I'm all on board for this.

who was she in Wolverine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Error 404 posted:

who was she in Wolverine?

Yukio (the red-haired chick who could see into the future).

• Locked thread