Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

Examiner did a piece:

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-gaming-community-is-not-a-wretched-hive-of-sexism-and-misogyny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Are the SJWs dead yet? Can we tweet at last without the risk of losing our jobs?

You can't, no.

Everyone else can go hog wild though.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The forced apologies are great.
edit:

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Sep 1, 2014

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

The forced apologies are great.

And a little ironic, no?

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Well now that mommy has taking all the toys away from one side of this it's going to be infinitely less interesting where can it go from here a firing? a suicide? will zoe quinn try to go to rehab like the d list celebrity she wishes she was?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

I read this thread since my last post whilst being a white male, smoking a cigar, drinking fine whisky. I hope this does my part in pissing off the social justice warriors of the world as this poo poo is just too loving funny to let it stop.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Can I call consoles "Game Players" yet?

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

4outof5 posted:

where can it go from here a firing? a suicide? will zoe quinn try to go to rehab like the d list celebrity she wishes she was?

Zoe's pregnant but when it runs out to be a boy she starts a kickstarter to get an abortion and make a CYOA about it

Aidopunko
Oct 12, 2012

:laffo:

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Don't hate the players, hate the gamers

Infurnus
Nov 4, 2009

I challenge you to a DEADMATCH, where we will fight... TO THE DEAD!

The Radix posted:

it'd be fine if you stopped posting this, because it's bad

oh. if I ever post it again it will be if I'm unemployed from the internet #ImSorry

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

oh boy, breitbart

this guy is gleefully enjoying the opportunity to dump on the left, but that and his verbiage aside, his summary is accurate and mostly complete, and even presents evidence that no one else is willing to even talk about instead dismissing it as "slander" or "gossip" (despite happily eviscerating people like Temkin). The article gets ruined though when he dives into full MRA mode though, even if he returns to actual criticism of games journalism in the next section

breitbart somehow has the best article on this. that's how bad it's gotten. loving breitbart

mostly good until he starts defending the journalism. "they just don't understand or appreciate us" he claims. well I loving wonder why. this stuff isn't unique to games journalism and it's weird to see that being constantly paraded out as a defense, that their audience is somehow nastier than others.

also he doesn't seem to grasp the difference between the past actions of the scene and their current refusal to report on quinn but at this point that's par for the course so whatever

lmao this is the guy who writes constantly about how hot virtual women are what a defender

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
exclusively male hive of MRA misogyny 4chan has done more than anyone to highlight women in the industry and further videogamefeminism

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
mostly white, irrelevant

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

Brannock posted:

lmao this is the guy who writes constantly about how hot virtual women are what a defender

Yeah, I have no idea.

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
Asians overrepresented as usual :smug:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Its amazing when breitbart is a voice of reason...even though he is likely intentionally using "triggering" language.

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
Dear 4chan: Please Stop Using Asians to Attack Feminist People

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

mostly white, irrelevant

There are a few People of Slanty Eyes as well.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

this is a thing that did happen. oriley tried to use the differences in culture to explain why the black community was bad.

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp

AkumaHokoru posted:

this is a thing that did happen. oriley tried to use the differences in culture to explain why the black community was bad.

poorly executed joke on my part

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

The loving best.

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
In terms of percentage of the population I wouldn't be surprised if Asians are overrepresented compared to whites in the game industry.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.

I think I've enjoyed these tweets more than any others I've seen.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Brannock posted:

exclusively male hive of MRA misogyny 4chan has done more than anyone to highlight women in the industry and further videogamefeminism

Who the gently caress are those people. Time for the daily cosplay and SJW update - Kotaku editor

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Esteemed goon and Yogscaster Simon casts a torch into the slapfight:

From what I can tell he's on the goon side of "both sides are hilarious and dumb."

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
is this thing still going on?

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
Simon at least seems to tell people when devs pay him to play their video games.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Forums Barber posted:

Simon at least seems to tell people when devs pay him to play their video games.

man radio should have done this years ago, payola could still be a thing

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
whatever happened with those guys taking a hundred grand off a dumb kickstarter disaster

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

literally a hog posted:

Yeah, I have no idea.

i saw this guy on okcupid like three years ago and his profile was pretty much nothing but "i love anime, and if you want to date me, you also have to love anime"

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Brannock posted:

lol no Jade Raymond, also no Hamburger Helper and friends. Never forget etc

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
as someone who plays video games with some regularity, i feel as though this controversy accurately represents how dumb, gay, and conflicted i am internally

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
girl with PINK HAIR bones around, people aer surprised

people who call themselves VIDEO GAMES JOURNALISTS are amateurs, surprise Everyone

then everyone picks a 'side' and argues about it on the internet this whole thing is just filled with Infinity Surprises

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

To be fair someone who used their twitter army to suppress rival charities probably should have their reputation dragged through the mud.

But it seems like even the sane articles want to steadfastly ignore that in favour of more navel gazing over e-feminism.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

I can believe this is still going on (I was gonna say can't but internet) because people are idiots. Am I wrong in not caring whether a man or a woman made a game but only worrying about whether or not the aforementioned game is fun? I mean anyone I know who actually plays games is too busy actually playing the game to be all lol that dead woman has her legs spread.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Brannock posted:

Lol, a woman wrote scripts for God of War games? I mean, patriarchy made her do that. For money.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Spiky Ooze posted:

Zoe's pregnant but when it runs out to be a boy she starts a kickstarter to get an abortion and make a CYOA about it

Choose Your Own Abortion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i'd play the poo poo out of abortion quest

• Locked thread