Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Megaten Musou too, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Fire Emblem Musou will somehow be announced and released before Fire Emblem X SMT and Tekken X Street Fighter.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

I always thought a pokemon musou was more likely than a Tekken but what do I know.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Sonic approximately half of the Sonic fan base will likely swear off the series forever once Sonic Musou is announced.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

Goddamn it, why not call it Dragon Warriors, it's perfect.

Crossposting this person's words from the Giant Bomb thread because come on.

It's right there.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

It's right there.

That'll be the US title.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

How well do DQ spinoffs historically do? I would think that it is essentially a license to print money, but...well, they all can't be winners.

And I thought that Dragon Quest X did not do so well for a DQ game, so there is also that.

Dragon Quest Monsters does good I think? It had a couple sequels across a few gens. It was cool too.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Unlucky7 posted:

And I thought that Dragon Quest X did not do so well for a DQ game, so there is also that.

It did super well considering exactly what it was, but not as well as traditional DQ games because it was a subscription based MMO on the Wii.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I think I finally want a PS4 now. S-E and TK you sons of bitches.

Now watch it have the same chance of getting a US release as the more recent DQ remakes. :smith:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

It's right there.

Then what will Dragon Ball use for it's 'Warriors' name?

(Don't count it out. There's at least one of the 3D games that was almost this. Can't remember the name...)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

iastudent posted:

I think I finally want a PS4 now. S-E and TK you sons of bitches.

Now watch it have the same chance of getting a US release as the more recent DQ remakes. :smith:

If Dynasty Warriors Gundam can get a US release despite Gundam being dead in the states, there is a 90% chance of Dragon Quest Heroes getting one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Like what was the last Warriors game that didn't get a Western release? SW Chronicle 2, maybe? And that was just a MonHun style upgrade to the first game.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Bloodly posted:

Then what will Dragon Ball use for it's 'Warriors' name?

Saiya Jin Warriors.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Goku's Rage

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno, but what classic game property is next? Final Fantasy? Mega Man? Castlevania maybe?

I would pay so much money for a Castlevania Warriors game, you've no idea.

Seriously, all they'd need to do is come up with some Orochi inspired plot as to why ALL the Castlevania cast is together, and bam, now we have Simon Belmont teaming up with Jonathan Morris, Richter using the Hydro Storm as his Musou, and Julius Belmont being the Lu Bu of the game.

OpinionCushion
May 6, 2002
It doesn't look like an ice sculpture.... OR DOES IT??
I hope you're prepared for them to use the designs from Judgement if CV Warriors happens.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

And have them all fight AGAINST each other? How would you pull that off?

There's also a lack of forces on Dracula's side to make playable other than the man himself.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Bloodly posted:

There's also a lack of forces on Dracula's side to make playable other than the man himself.

I don't know about the new Castlevania series, but doesn't the old one have a new villain for just about every game only to have the twist be that they were either resurrecting or controlled by Dracula because he's the Wily of vampires? Add in Death and it seems like you could fill a decent badguy roster.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Bloodly posted:

If you add up the amount Castlevania villains in the DS games that's something like 5 or 6 playable Dracula Side characters. Add in Shaft and Death

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bloodly posted:

Death, Shaft, Werewolf, The Creature, Mummy. There you go.

Edit: I guess Elizabeth Bathory and the painter dude and stuff too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wanna play as Legion, just a big ball of rotting corpses rolling around the map.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Bloodly posted:

Didn't really stop Cia from existing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Wanna play as Legion, just a big ball of rotting corpses rolling around the map.

Isn't that every Dynasty Warriors character?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I want a Song-Jin-Mongol wars Dynasty Warriors, is that too much to ask? And as long as we're doing video game franchises, Elder Scrolls Warriors.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Is there a Touhou Warriors fangame yet? Sounds like something people would have tried to make.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Katamari Damacy Warriors.

DO NOT PURSUE THE KING OF ALL COSMOS!

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Lack of Drac forces? Come on, you got Lugosi Dracula, White Hair Dracula, Monster Dracula, Gabriel Dracula, Mathias pseudo Dracula, Soma Dracula, all the Draculas!

OpinionCushion
May 6, 2002
It doesn't look like an ice sculpture.... OR DOES IT??

Sakurazuka posted:

One giant immobile corpse is all I need so they should put in Beelzebub. Just put him on a wagon or something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Flytrap posted:

Lack of Drac forces? Come on, you got Lugosi Dracula, White Hair Dracula, Monster Dracula, Gabriel Dracula, Mathias pseudo Dracula, all the Draculas!
Anime Dracula, Female Dracula, Revolver Dracula...

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Is there a Touhou Warriors fangame yet? Sounds like something people would have tried to make.

There's an EDF fan game, same idea right?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
SMT Musou would be cool. Could have dudes with personas and dudes with different magatamas and stuff. At least there'd be a good variety of fodder enemies.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

phoenix wright musou here we go!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Elliotw2 posted:

There's an EDF fan game

Say what?

Musoul Cailbur

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Somehow I see Phoenix Wright being more of a Final Fight bit.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Say what?

Musoul Cailbur

Dynamarisa 3d is totally an EDF game.

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009
Naruto Warriors. Great, now I feel dirty.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

DaveCG posted:

Naruto Warriors. Great, now I feel dirty.

I wonder if this didn't happen because of the Bleach one that Wasn't Very Good.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Elliotw2 posted:

Dynamarisa 3d is totally an EDF game.

Oh good Lord it is too.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kirbysuperstar posted:

Say what?

Musoul Cailbur
Sophitia is in Orochi 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

quakster posted:

Sophitia is in Orochi 3.

:thejoke:

I would have also accepted Soul Calibur Legends, because that game was a joke.