Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

Do the Japanese even like Reyn? It's extremely likely that Reyns Japanese VA is boring and they like Rikki because he's the mascot character.
This is probably the case. :smith:

Oh well, Riki's still great. :unsmith: rikisneaky

Terper fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Sep 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Isn't Riki meant to be a deadbeat dad or something.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Seagull posted:

Uhm excuse you. He actually works very hard to repay the debt he and his children have built up from eating a lot. <:mad:>

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Seagull posted:

He's not a deadbeat, he's just in debt trouble because he has like 7 kids and his entire race eats like they're Kirby or something.

Gamwhiz1
Aug 15, 2012

TechnoSyndrome posted:

The Pokemon X/Y leaks came out of America, that game got a simultaneous worldwide release. A text heavy game like Super Smash Brothers takes a lot longer to translate though, which is why we're stuck waiting an extra few weeks. I can't remember any significant games that info broke out because of Japanese stores breaking street date, though I'm sure it's happened before.

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Guys I know it's late but the joke shouldn't have gone that far over your heads.

There was no joke here. Like, literally, you just answered a dude asking a question and randomly said a dumb thing.

Either this was some stupid "Trap sprung :smuggo:" bull, you're just coverin' your rear end, or the concept of humor is even more foreign to goons than previously thought.

Its me I'm mad about smash thread carry on

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I really hope Lucina's unlock requirement isn't dumb because my girlfriend loves Lucina but is really bad at video games.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Gamwhiz1 posted:

There was no joke here. Like, literally, you just answered a dude asking a question and randomly said a dumb thing.

Either this was some stupid "Trap sprung :smuggo:" bull, you're just coverin' your rear end, or the concept of humor is even more foreign to goons than previously thought.

Its me I'm mad about smash thread carry on

What is "irony".

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

I really hope Lucina's unlock requirement isn't dumb because my girlfriend loves Lucina but is really bad at video games.

unlocks in smash have never really been hard just really stupidly obnoxiously tedious

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

It's okay, you don't need to hide behind the "my girlfriend" thing, it's ok.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

WadeBartender posted:

unlocks in smash have never really been hard just really stupidly obnoxiously tedious
Well that 'beat 100 miis with Marth' thing someone posted could be fairly difficult if it meant 'beat 100 in one go at multi-man melee.'

Not that I think those are the actual unlock requirements, but as an example.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Endorph posted:

I like Lucina too but have no girlfriend

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Anime Device posted:

Now you'll have a Waifu!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Anime Device posted:

bond with a woman over your mutual appreciation of video game characters

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Yesss lovely fanmade videos with distorted resolution and nonsensical audio.

Seriously, go the gently caress away.

I'm sorry, will this make it better?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJIoZASXL2c

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Endorph posted:

Well that 'beat 100 miis with Marth' thing someone posted could be fairly difficult if it meant 'beat 100 in one go at multi-man melee.'

Not that I think those are the actual unlock requirements, but as an example.

It wasn't hard in the last two games when I wanted to unlock Falco. I don't see why it would be that much harder now.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

SilverSupernova posted:

It wasn't hard in the last two games when I wanted to unlock Falco. I don't see why it would be that much harder now.

Yeah if its anything like before, you just gotta spam Down+B with Donkey Kong. Pro Strats.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah I guess that's a fair point.

I just hate unlocking characters as a concept. Even as a kid playing 64 it sucked to go over to a friend's house and for them to not have Luigi unlocked.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I like Lucina and I have a fiancée who got annoyed with me for marrying my avatar to her in Awakening.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Bruceski posted:

The official ending is the one where Laharl dies and becomes a prinny. Etna takes over, leading to Can I Really Be the Hero.

Aside from the cameos where that isn't the official ending, because Disgaea's casual about canon like that.

They also made a direct sequal to the first game, which follows the good ending where he doesn't die, leading to both endings being canon. he is Schrödinger's anime.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Space T Rex posted:

Yeah if its anything like before, you just gotta spam Down+B with Donkey Kong. Pro Strats.

but if its true the requirement is that you have to use Marth to do it or whatever

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

WadeBartender posted:

but if its true the requirement is that you have to use Marth to do it or whatever

That requirement also stipulates you have to do the same thing as Bowser 10 times.

It's most likely bogus.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Wild Knight posted:

I like Lucina and I have a fiancée who got annoyed with me for marrying my avatar to her in Awakening.

Marrying any of the kids is wrong and weird. You weirdo. :colbert:

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Look man Awakening has a sliding scale of awkward-to-marry and I am completely okay with anything that's above Nowi and Nah

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Is anybody a big fan of tripping?

I think at a competitive level tripping is an essential part of keeping players on their toes so it has a legitimate spot in a fighting game. :bubblewoop:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Forced tripping isn't bad, it's just another mechanic. The problem was random tripping, since it punished you for playing. Random tripping is out and likely never coming back, and good riddance. Forced tripping will probably stay and I don't mind it, makes for an interesting sort-of status effect.

Also, does anyone have the sad Koopa Clown Car gif? I'd love to have that saved, it's cute.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

More specifically, it punished you for playing in a manner which juked back and forth constantly.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

AnnoyingJames posted:

Is anybody a big fan of tripping?

I think at a competitive level tripping is an essential part of keeping players on their toes so it has a legitimate spot in a fighting game. :bubblewoop:

Inkay is adorable, and thus vital to fighting games.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Splatoon character confirmed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

More specifically, it punished you for playing in a manner which juked back and forth constantly.
Even if you didn't do that you still tripped sometimes though.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TerminusEst13 posted:

I would buy the poo poo out of a Splatoon Amiibo.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Ignite Memories posted:

I don't know what a juke is but running is a pretty basic mechanic that shouldn't be punished. It'd be like punishing acceleration or drifting in Mario Kart.

Tripping from an attack or item like Diddy's bananas is perfectly welcome. The only possible downside is that it could cause infinites with the multiple bananas. Tripping should probably be techable (press shoulder button to quickly get back up) but it's not a big deal.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TerminusEst13 posted:

If the game is as fun as it seemed to be, this wouldn't be unexpected at all in the next Smash game. (Or DLC?)

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Blackheart posted:

If the game is as fun as it seemed to be, this wouldn't be unexpected at all in the next Smash game. (Or DLC?)

I'd be perfectly ok with dropping money for Inkling DLC.

I'd be even happier if Inkling character DLC came with that awesome theme for a stage

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Can this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNMX988Xqi8
Its got a great beat.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Yeah if an Inkling isn't in this game in a future expansion, it's probably a shoo-in for the next.

Now suddenly I'm pondering the future of the franchise already. Honestly, were I pressed for characters I'd have thought were getting in For Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, I would've looked to Brawl's Assist Trophies, I tended to see a lot of those guys as either ideas for playable characters that just didn't work out or bosses that didn't have much of a place in SSE. But of the...18-ish of them I saw as being a good fit as characters, only one of them made the jump. Lyn, Saki, and Starfy in particular struck me as having been especially for consideration, so I'm surprised to see all three of them keeping their role.

That said come the next game I could totally see them cutting Lucina in favor of some other FE person, possibly Lyn indeed. Given how nobody seemed to care about Star Successor, though, Saki's chances seem slim.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

I enjoyed all of these videos

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mighty Dicktron posted:

but the kids naturally have higher stats than their parents which means that if you married one your own kid would be even stronger

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't think my fiance will play the new Smash because she hasn't played any of them extensively since the N64 version. That's fine though, because we only have one 3DS in the house.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

F. Lobot posted:

I don't know what a juke is but running is a pretty basic mechanic that shouldn't be punished. It'd be like punishing acceleration or drifting in Mario Kart.

Tripping from an attack or item like Diddy's bananas is perfectly welcome. The only possible downside is that it could cause infinites with the multiple bananas. Tripping should probably be techable (press shoulder button to quickly get back up) but it's not a big deal.

The more rapidly you alternated between left and right movement, the more likely you were to trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

pandaK posted:

but the kids naturally have higher stats than their parents which means that if you married one your own kid would be even stronger

Weirdo. :colbert:

• Locked thread