Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Paladinus posted:

Choose Your Own Abortion.

Top tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

juliuspringle posted:

I can believe this is still going on (I was gonna say can't but internet) because people are idiots. Am I wrong in not caring whether a man or a woman made a game but only worrying about whether or not the aforementioned game is fun? I mean anyone I know who actually plays games is too busy actually playing the game to be all lol that dead woman has her legs spread.

this whole event has shown me that playing games is the least important part of gaming

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp

blainestereo posted:

lol no Jade Raymond, also no Hamburger Helper and friends. Never forget etc

jade raymond is legitimately the most attractive person in the game industry besides gaben of course

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Gravefront posted:

jade raymond is legitimately the most attractive person in the game industry besides gaben of course

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Lol, a woman wrote scripts for God of War games? I mean, patriarchy made her do that. For money.

You can read Kratos character as a biting satire of male somthing or other I guess.

On the other hand you shouldn't really do that lest ye be called retarded.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Kratos is kind of the most "RAH MANLINESS" caricature in modern memory, so maybe it makes sense.

In the end he's Jesus though

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

whatis posted:

i'd play the poo poo out of abortion quest

The thing is, that could actually be a good, teaching, feminist game. Like, you're a poor teen in the Texas panhandle or soemthing, can you make it through all the loopholes and restrictions you need to in order to get an abortion?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Gravefront posted:

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
God of War was an excellent series and the gameplay was top notch. The story was just a fig leaf to string together a bunch of elaborate set pieces referencing people's pop-culture understanding of Greek mythology.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Kratos is kind of the most "RAH MANLINESS" caricature in modern memory, so maybe it makes sense.

In the end he's Jesus though

Kratos has sex with sluts to restore his health

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!

etalian posted:

Kratos has sex with sluts to restore his health

Thats what I do IRL when I'm feeling a little sick or trying to recover from a spear wound.

Edit: Also you get experience gems!

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

EasternBronze posted:

Thats what I do IRL when I'm feeling a little sick or trying to recover from a spear wound.

getting a "spear wound" in a public bathroom can be an emasculating experience but having empty sex is not the answer

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

What the gently caress has happened to Anita Sarkeesian?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Paladinus posted:

What the gently caress has happened to Anita Sarkeesian?

She won Eurovision

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp

EasternBronze posted:

God of War was an excellent series and the gameplay was top notch. The story was just a fig leaf to string together a bunch of elaborate set pieces referencing people's pop-culture understanding of Greek mythology.

yes but is it art

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Gravefront posted:

yes but is it art

I liked the architecture, so maybe?

Man this poo poo is dumb. Has anyone compared this to the Hamburger Helper shitstorm when Mass Effect 3 came out?

Nion
Jun 8, 2008

It's interesting how some of the people being the loudest assholes lately (like Bob "gamers are subhuman vermin" Chipman and Devin "gamers are worse than ISIS" Farici) are suddenly doing some weird passive-aggressive "why are everyone who disagrees with me such assholes?" thing. It could be admirable if they did it in a way that indicated that they have learned from their mistakes and wanted to help improve the quality of discussion, but instead they seem to be pretending that they've been nothing but civil all along and everyone else are being mean to them for no reason.

Dec 26, 2012

that hair

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Breitbart is a website built on pissing off liberals in any fashion, so I guess when your position is kneejerk opposition you occasionally stumble into something accurate (and then toss in your ideology).

Relevant:

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp

WarpedNaba posted:

Man this poo poo is dumb. Has anyone compared this to the Hamburger Helper shitstorm when Mass Effect 3 came out?

no joke the architecture in those games was literally why I enjoyed them so much

just

holy poo poo the environments

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

WarpedNaba posted:

here is a comparison:

just liek now, nobody actually read what hepler said and only focused on misogyny

(she said "women are too busy making dinner to play video games which is why they need a 'skip game' button")

Dec 26, 2012

jpmeyer posted:

here is a comparison:

just liek now, nobody actually read what hepler said and only focused on misogyny

(she said "women are too busy making dinner to play video games which is why they need a 'skip game' button")

lol

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
the girl who gives me my food bag at burger king is hardly a woman, and she barely cooked anything. not a good excuse imo

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

how on earth is this still going on?

Dec 26, 2012

are we all untergamers now yet

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Fandyien posted:

Bloggers keep talking about it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

EasternBronze posted:

GOW gameplay was terrible mashy bullshit there's no way people were playing it for that

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Fandyien posted:

I think we need one of those tally things where it's like "days since last major accident" except "posts since last stupid person stumbled in and shat out a 'why are we still talking about this
/who cares' all over their keyboard".

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

I think we need one of those tally things where it's like "days since last major accident" except "posts since last stupid person stumbled in and shat out a 'why are we still talking about this
/who cares' all over their keyboard".

sry im not a weird retard with pages of posts in this thread

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Why is Doritos Pope being aloof with Samus?

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Fandyien posted:

maybe you missed that there was a big rear end nuclear meltdown of the internet and you're living in the fallout and becoming a mutant now enjoy

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

The Guardian posted an editorial called How to attack a woman who works in video games. And, according to angry twitter people, that author is one of Quinn's patreon supporters and receives support from Qinn's former PR person.

If true, that'll continue things for a while, if the guardian is one of the 'real' papers in the uk, and not the tabloid ones.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

falcon2424 posted:

The Guardian posted an editorial called How to attack a woman who works in video games.

quote:

There’s a hot trend among a vocal minority of gamers right now: the harassment of women developers and critics.

quote:

women developers and critics

hmmm can't help but notice that both these words have been pluralized for some reason. also this is the first i'm hearing about any developers being harassed.

edit: more fuel

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 1, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

falcon2424 posted:

The Guardian posted an editorial called How to attack a woman who works in video games. And, according to angry twitter people, that author is one of Quinn's patreon supporters and receives support from Qinn's former PR person.

If true, that'll continue things for a while, if the guardian is one of the 'real' papers in the uk, and not the tabloid ones.

Gruniad is a type of paper that reports on cultural appropriation in a Galina Blanca ad. It is specifically a paper for lefties, just as Telegraph is for tory supporters. No need to look for conspiracies here. They are tumblr of yesterday and have always been that way.

E: also, as with tumblr, many columnists are deeply disconnected from the real world. Just read the comments section for additional chuckle. Not that it's not true for other British papers, mind.

Also, in case people don't read the front page, here's that
http://www.somethingawful.com/feature-articles/kotaku-controversy-gonzo/

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 1, 2014

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

falcon2424 posted:

if the guardian is one of the 'real' papers in the uk, and not the tabloid ones.

holy poo poo do you live under a rock or something? jfc goons

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Zoe Quinn isn't even her real namea

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Paladinus posted:

Also, in case people don't read the front page, here's that
http://www.somethingawful.com/feature-articles/kotaku-controversy-gonzo/

its aiight

Dec 26, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Zoe Quinn isn't even her real namea

pudgy white nerd isnt even her final form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

SpazmasterX posted:

hmmm can't help but notice that both these words have been pluralized for some reason. also this is the first i'm hearing about any developers being harassed.

edit: more fuel

lot of people in that article are pointing out the link between zoe and jenn

nobody's responding to them yet, just yelling misogyny a lot

• Locked thread