Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

VagueRant posted:

I got 29 minutes into the last episode (up to them making a comparison to Walter White fifty times in a row) and I hate, hate, hate it. Does it get any better (for someone who is allergic to Harris Wittels) or should I just let this one go?

Yeah just move on, because the episode doesn't get that funny again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

That's a top 10 episode for me. I can't picture the actual real life CEO of Ross being anything unlike Russ. That store is like walking into a late-Soviet Union era market.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Lapkus finds Regina Krimp a lot less funny this time around. It's still a good epi though, I think she's being a bit harsh.

UP AND ADAM posted:

Does Scott ask Harris's question this episode?

Yes, he's a good friend. Took him like 30 minutes to work up the nerve though.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

That's a top 10 episode for me. I can't picture the actual real life CEO of Ross being anything unlike Russ. That store is like walking into a late-Soviet Union era market.

If you remove the 40 minutes of plugging at the beginning by Tenacious D then it was a great episode. I assume Ross's is the West Coast equivalent of Ollie's here in the Midwest.

I agree with Lapkus about her appearance as Regina Krimp. It just wasn't the right mix of guest for her but you would assume with the D it would have worked better. I hate to say it because I love Tenacious D and still like Jack Black, but that was a lame appearance.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It's weird because sometimes I go in there and it's a normal looking store, and sometimes it is piles of clothes and shoes everywhere.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Where are you getting the idea that Lapkus found her less funny, just that she didn't laugh at herself as much?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The funniest moment of the episode was Regina describing surviving her suicide attempt as "It backfired." Second Place was just about anything that Ross' Russ said. "Painfully incompetent businessman" shtick is always funny to me.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Beeez posted:

Where are you getting the idea that Lapkus found her less funny, just that she didn't laugh at herself as much?

Yeah.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
If you appreciate the more absurdest bits of CBB, Scott and Fred Savage reading Gil Ozeri and Jackie Clarke's fanfic in episode #151 is pretty great. Starts at around 30:30: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/fan-fiction/

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Also has the most accurate impression of Johnny Carson I've ever heard. Seriously, it's dead on.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Thoogsby posted:

If you appreciate the more absurdest bits of CBB, Scott and Fred Savage reading Gil Ozeri and Jackie Clarke's fanfic in episode #151 is pretty great. Starts at around 30:30: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/fan-fiction/

Fred Savage is a good guest and I hope he's back on again soon.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Which episode had the duck guy?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

#297, with Nathan Fielder, Joe Wengert (the duck guy) and James Adomian. Starts after the first break, around 20 minutes in.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mr. Squishy posted:

Fred Savage is a good guest and I hope he's back on again soon.

I listened to this yesterday because of the thread and loved it. Savage was just excellent, so much energy, quick as hell.

Beerdeer posted:

Tiny Fred Savage

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 29, 2014

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Beerdeer posted:

Brad Hammersmith

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Beerdeer posted:

Episode 204 - The Pepper Men

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Authorman posted:

Episode 204 - The Pepper Men

That's a hybrid goose-man

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

kdrudy posted:

That's a hybrid goose-man

Quackers Featherbeak

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Politicalrancor posted:

Quackers Featherbeak

And his partner, a rapping android named Oil Slick 2.0.

I mean, it's equally as plausible as some salesman

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
It was refreshing to hear Lapkus playing a different character and Russ was hilarious. There's just something about the cliché of the over-stressed, broken and pitiable guy in comedy - like Ted from Scrubs!

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Holy poo poo this new Superego crossover episode looks promising. The character list alone is great.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

This is great

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

It made me so happy that PFT knew the walter white bit

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Who was that little scientologist??

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Thoogsby posted:

It made me so happy that PFT knew the walter white bit

He also said that track 9 of his sound effect CD was pouring water into a glass from a pitcher, which is a reference to the last Gino episode.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Even if Scott made the "So it's a Col-in show?" five times every episode I would still laugh.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

This is peak cantina theme.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

when gourley says "knickers" and scott says "what did you say" I lost it.

E: also if you want to revist the walter white bit its here http://www.earwolf.com/episode/project-funway/ 28:30

Politicalrancor fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 1, 2014

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

This is peak cantina theme.

What the gently caress
What the gently caress
What the gently caress with Marc Maaaaron

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Apropos of nothing, The Creeeeeeeeeepy Halloween special is a gem. Steve Yeun is a great straight man, Rusty as Doctor "MY CREEEEEEEPIEEEESSS" Traygo, Dykula and The Monster gently caress Part 2.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Politicalrancor posted:

Apropos of nothing, The Creeeeeeeeeepy Halloween special is a gem. Steve Yeun is a great straight man, Rusty as Doctor "MY CREEEEEEEPIEEEESSS" Traygo, Dykula and The Monster gently caress Part 2.

The Monster gently caress Part 2 is one of my all time favorite CBB bits. Somehow, putting the laziest possible spin on a bit that's already mining vulgarity for cheap laughs turns out to be a wildly successful formula. "Oh no, Frankenstein, you're loving Dracula...AGAIN!"

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

JethroMcB posted:

And his partner, a rapping android named Oil Slick 2.0.

I mean, it's equally as plausible as some salesman

If you ask me, that sounds about as good as Hamlet

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Why does the Walter White and Cantina bits make me so happy? It makes me feel so happy I'm afraid I'm dumb.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Yannick_B posted:

Why does the Walter White and Cantina bits make me so happy? It makes me feel so happy I'm afraid I'm dumb.

I think it's because they're so unabashedly silly but maybe it's because you like chemicals so much you might as well be Walter White?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Yannick_B posted:

I read in this thread that the Cantina Theme was going to happen. I heard it coming as it was happening. And yet I still laughed about I ever had at this show just from all 5 of them doing it.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Yannick_B posted:

We have a lot in common, we should meet under a bridge some time.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I like the ones where Paul Rust does new no nos and guests just yell NNneew NONO at random for the rest of the show.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
It's the simple things I love so much.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

SpacePig posted:

I read in this thread that the Cantina Theme was going to happen. I heard it coming as it was happening. And yet I still laughed about I ever had at this show just from all 5 of them doing it.

It's good that we now have lyrics ("What the gently caress with Marc Maron.. Radiolab").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Yannick_B posted:

It's kind of telling how delusional fans of this podcast are getting when they think repeated jokes from kindergarten is the next level of "comedy". If this is the kind of humor that is going to continue in this show I hope it dies along with the other lovely shows in Earwolf. I mean, honestly, this guy loves chemicals so much he might as well be a Walter White over here.