Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Kurtofan posted:

Apparently Persona school logos are based on car markers logos

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128033765&postcount=1901

I was always wondering about that. The P3 and P4 school logos were very car-logo, but the first two I had absolutely no idea.

Also I like the P5 protagonist design so far, he looks average enough to be a good main character player-cypher but the glasses add a bit of specificity to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Super dumb speculation: the faces sort of remind me of P2 characters.

Maya, followed by someone (Yukino?), followed by Jun?

The Persona 5 party will consist of Rise and her previously-unmentioned quintuplet sisters that are all idols with her

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well, the Kirijo group is an analogue to Mitsubishi if you go into the lore, so it's not too surprising they had a car company logo for Gekkokan

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Your Persona in P5 is a Hell Rider.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Beef Waifu posted:

Your Persona in P5 is a Hell Rider.
So the main character slowly becomes Nic Cage as the game progresses?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

What more could you ask for in a game?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Shoot him again, his Persona's still dancing.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

It's also coming to PS4 and the Japanese release is getting delayed till next year probably because of that.

It also either takes place in Shibuya or a fictional part of Tokyo that is Not-Shibuya.

Winter 2014 pretty much meant Q1 2015 so we don't know if it's delayed for real or not.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Snowcow posted:

Winter 2014 pretty much meant Q1 2015 so we don't know if it's delayed for real or not.
It was supposed to come out in November so it would be pretty odd to not give it a set release date when its two months away.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 1, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Rinkles posted:

Super dumb speculation: the faces sort of remind me of P2 characters.

Maya, followed by someone (Yukino?), followed by Jun?
Honestly, I thought the same thing. They totally aren't the P2 cast of course, but those portraits are drawn in a totally P2 fashion.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Butt Ghost posted:

Honestly, I thought the same thing. They totally aren't the P2 cast of course, but those portraits are drawn in a totally P2 fashion.
They're brief flashes in a low-res gif. They're like 20x20 images total. I'm not seeing how you can make any detail out of that, P2 or otherwise.

I think you're all just seeing things. It's the same character designer, right? Of course there's gonna be some similarities.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Endorph posted:

They're brief flashes in a low-res gif. They're like 20x20 images total. I'm not seeing how you can make any detail out of that, P2 or otherwise.

I think you're all just seeing things. It's the same character designer, right? Of course there's gonna be some similarities.

Nah, the P2 characters were designed by Kazuma Kaneko. P3 and onward, it's been Shigenori Soejima.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Welp. :v:

Still not seeing it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kaneko designed the P2 characters, but yeah they're so low res and blocked out that there's no drat point to trying to ascertain information about them. People are being silly and trying to pull blood from a stone.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Clearly the top one is Hitler without the sunglasses, Persona 2 reboot confirmed.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Should I have put speculation in inverted commas in addition to the "super dumb" prefix?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

Clearly the top one is Hitler without the sunglasses, Persona 2 reboot confirmed.

Persona 5: Furher's Redemption.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

It was supposed to come out in November so it would be pretty odd to not give it a set release date when its two months away.

Never heard anything about it coming in November.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was always confirmed for Winter 2014, which of course could've meant January and February of next year as well. Though some people actually debated it would be coming out in January or February of 2014 when it was announced in November.

thekodfish
Oct 31, 2010
Yam Slacker
This seems to have gotten ignored due to the Persona 5 announcement, but the SNES remake of the original Megami Tensei games for the NES finally has a fan translation.

http://aerie.wingdreams.net/?p=283

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Manatee Cannon posted:

Persona 5: The Velvet Gas Chamber

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Rinkles posted:

Should I have put speculation in inverted commas in addition to the "super dumb" prefix?
Yeah, I'm not too sure why people are trying to think we're making more than simple observations. :shrug:

No one is actually suggesting a connection to P2 past being part of the same franchise.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

TheKingOfDastards posted:

This seems to have gotten ignored due to the Persona 5 announcement, but the SNES remake of the original Megami Tensei games for the NES finally has a fan translation.

That is excellent, I have really wanted to play MT2 for a long time since it seems to be like the proto-SMT1 and I like SMT1 a lot,

Thanks for the news

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Oh, drat! It actually just happened out of the blue long after I'd given up on hope on being able to play these games.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Yer a Persona user, Harry.

I only play Devil Survivor 2 on the tube and have reached the day 7 fight against Yamato, it's genuinely annoying that it's difficult and I can't do it in 20 minutes. I assumed finally smacking down the anarcho-capitalist prick would be a fun time for the player.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vitamin P posted:

Yer a Persona user, Harry.

I only play Devil Survivor 2 on the tube and have reached the day 7 fight against Yamato, it's genuinely annoying that it's difficult and I can't do it in 20 minutes. I assumed finally smacking down the anarcho-capitalist prick would be a fun time for the player.

There is an easy way of cheesing the fight. Solo it with an Arioch of your own + Desperation and priority counterattack everything on the map. If you're lucky, you can drop Yamato even before he gets a chance to attack.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Strange Quark posted:

There is an easy way of cheesing the fight. Solo it with an Arioch of your own + Desperation and priority counterattack everything on the map. If you're lucky, you can drop Yamato even before he gets a chance to attack.

Is that demon the fat winged demon with a very Freudian torso? If so I have one of those already, and pretty sure I have Desperation too so I'll try using that to just nuke the fucker. Cheers.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Found this on Tumblr (man, that was fast), I think is hilarious:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

literally the best thing

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Found this on Tumblr (man, that was fast), I think is hilarious:

These are pretty interesting. Do you have the source?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

siotle posted:

These are pretty interesting. Do you have the source?

Sure

http://undead-cypress.tumblr.com/post/96373631249/i-cant-wait-to-see-what-atlus-does-to-you-fluffy

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
The one right below the ones you posted is great too.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

drat, I like the music.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
GUESS WHAT GAME IS DELAYED

:unsmigghh: :unsmigghh: :shepicide: :shepicide:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

What did we do to you, Atlus? Was... was it because I didn't buy all the PSP Persona games?!

I BOUGHT THEM DAY OF RELEASE ON THE PS2! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT OF ME?!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

We're gonna get Persona 5 in 2017 aren't we. :negative:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Look on the bright side, Persona 5 is on region free platforms so you could just import it!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

It's never coming out is it. Fine I bet it would have been crap anyway :qq:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Policenaut posted:

Look on the bright side, Persona 5 is on region free platforms so you could just import it!

Watch as Atlus is going to make a terrible excuse to help increase sales in Europe and region-lock it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Someone in the SMT reddit asked about SMTIV DLC not being available in Brazil. John Hardin then pulled some strings to release it this week. Blame him.