Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh I dunno, I only played that briefly. Can you permanently steal things that other players paid real money for?

You can pay money for gta money, and unless you have money on you, nobody can take it, and even then, I think the most someone can take is like 200 bucks per death or some small number like that. They can't steal your cars or weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

blackguy32 posted:

You can pay money for gta money, and unless you have money on you, nobody can take it, and even then, I think the most someone can take is like 200 bucks per death or some small number like that. They can't steal your cars or weapons

Do they still have the stupid thing where if you kill people without any money, you pay for their resurrection? That's about the only way I can think of people "stealing" paid-for money.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Helios Grime posted:

I'm having a problem with my gold headset. While I was playing D3 a goon connected with me and for the life of me I couldn't hear him at all, only a slight whisper is what I got. I couldn't really double check if it's me or not cause I don't have too many friends on PSN. The rest of the sound from the game is good. Is there a setting that I'm missing?

There is a setting that says "sound/chat" that changes the balance of the game sound and chat volume. Mess with that and see if it makes things better.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They can blow up your car and if you don't have insurance on it you're hosed.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

I have this one

it is very good

Thank you, I'll end up getting this one then. Anyone have suggestions on thumbstick covers? A lot of people talk about FPS Freaks but I wouldn't know which ones to look for exactly. I need something that makes the sticks wider and has a better grip, since my thumb while playing usually slips off and I start moving the stick from the underside of it.

Also got my Crusader to level 70 in Diablo 3. Levels 50 to 60 are the most annoying as far as that goes. They just seem to go by slower than even 60 to 70. Well, I only have Monk and Witch Doctor left to level up and then I will have leveled every class. Will probably still stick with the Wizard post 70. LASER BEAMS.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Is there a controller charger that will also charge the gold headset? I need it for a project.

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010
Any micro USB charger will charge the Gold headset.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Has PSN been worse than usual for anyone else lately? I haven't been able to stay on for more than 30 minutes at a time all weekend.

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

I'm happy for Persona 5, but I want a Shin Megami Tensei V as well and I would buy a PS4 no questions asked because SMT IV was just so good of a game.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

DarkJC posted:

Any micro USB charger will charge the Gold headset.

Yes, I know, but do any of the controller bases have a USB port to plug in the micro usb?

otherwise I'll just get a usb hub.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ularg posted:

Thank you, I'll end up getting this one then. Anyone have suggestions on thumbstick covers? A lot of people talk about FPS Freaks but I wouldn't know which ones to look for exactly. I need something that makes the sticks wider and has a better grip, since my thumb while playing usually slips off and I start moving the stick from the underside of it.

These are pretty much a no-brainer unless you want to disassemble your controller and put in Bone sticks. http://www.kontrolfreek.com/fps/fps-freek-cqc.html

I ordered from them and had no problems besides a huge delay at customs and no tracking after that, but should be fine for 'Murica.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Do they sale the Gold headset BT adapters separate? I can't find mine.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

Can you explain what it is about Phantom Brave you liked? Because I hated that game.

Also Disgaea 4 is probably the best game they made.

It's been a very long time so I can't give much detail, but I found it an extremely satisfying challenge, and I was a big fan of the complex, gridless combat. Their games after PB rapidly became far too easy. Also, the music was great.

I didn't even finish the main plot of D4. NI just seem completely creatively exhausted.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Peel posted:

It's been a very long time so I can't give much detail, but I found it an extremely satisfying challenge, and I was a big fan of the complex, gridless combat. Their games after PB rapidly became far too easy. Also, the music was great.

I didn't even finish the main plot of D4. NI just seem completely creatively exhausted.

Phantom Brave was one of their easiest games to shatter into pieces though. You can end up being ni-unstoppable within minutes of starting the game. I can understand disliking the later games but not because they're easier than Phantom Brave.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Peel posted:

Ah, see, I found the gridless combat to be outright broken, and all of the leveling systems poorly designed at best. It doesn't help that the writing didn't draw me in at all.

Makai Kingdom improved on PB's systems a lot (especially by dropping the turn limit on confining), but it still played very poorly in comparison to its contemporaries. Still, thanks for responding. I always wondered why people liked that game. :)

E: Note that I also gave up on Phantom Brave very early on. I really disliked its systems. Good writing can overcome problems with systems - I finished Makai Kingdom, after all - but man Phantom Brave did nothing for me.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ularg posted:

I am looking at getting a charging station for the PS4. Seems like the official Sony one is only available in Europe so I can only find this one that some people seem to like:

http://www.amazon.com/DualShock-Controller-Charging-Station-PlayStation-4/dp/B00ENFVJJO

Any thoughts on this or other good ones? I would prefer ones like this that the controller sits upside down in it.

This one is perfect for me. It passes my silly standards of quality connections, sturdiness, all that. Locking and releasing the controllers feels nice and solid too, it's rather satisfying.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warcare if actually a fun and enjoyable game. It's way better than you'd think it is...I recommend it.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

bloodychill posted:

While that was a lot of good news, Hot Shots Gold on PS4 is the best bit to me.

Absolutely. I love those games. Golf is too hard to "sim" so all the games that try wind out feeling blah to me, but HS Golf is goofy and still manges to have golf almost as accurate as whatever Tiger Woods is called these days.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Finally had time to sink into Diablo 3 this weekend, and holy crap we're having a blast. New class is tons of fun to play, and the game seems even more generous with loot that the initial console version. Killed our first Nemesis today and it felt GOOD (you're welcome Lockemurph, if you're reading this). It was also nice to boot up the game and have 15+ legendaries waiting for me from other goons.

I was kind of surprised to find that they drop discrete loot for players now. In the vanilla version, it was just free for all if you were playing couch co-op, now most if not all items are tagged to the player.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

abagofcheetos posted:

Yeah, I think it is going to smash all of the records Watch Dogs set.

Kinda surprising/good that the record for top new IP will be broken twice in one year (even if Watch Dogs is so similar to AssCreed and Destiny is so similar to Halo).

You're both aware that record isn't held by either Watch_Dogs or Destiny, but by Minecraft, right?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Fulchrum posted:

You're both aware that record isn't held by either Watch_Dogs or Destiny, but by Minecraft, right?

For pre-orders?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Perhaps better asked in the GTA ONLINE thread, but I have a feeling I'm not the only one to want to know this:

I played GTA5/Online for a good month or two. I had a great time online. For totally unrelated reasons, I moved on (oh wait... PS4!) right around the time they started nerfing payouts .

Is there someone who can say (or some kind of list I can be pointed to) that shows the general "state of the union" of GTA Online? (With regards to changes they have made (for the better and the worse?) like do you still get put in dunce-land hell for blowing up other player vehicles?! As much fun as I had, I swear to god they made some idiot decisions and I hope to god they've righted some of that
Or paying medical if the other person is broke, etc...

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Fulchrum posted:

I'm pretty sure Minecraft has zero sales on Xbone/PS4

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum posted:

I'm talking speed; I dont think minecraft sold millions in its first week (however you would even define minecraft's first week).

Besides, wasn't this a discussion already, and minecraft wasn't the highest anyway? I think if you want to get technical/annoying Wii Sports will hold this title forever :v:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Amazon has the PS4 camera for $40 on backorder. Isn't that below MSRP?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm guessing Japan needs to make their own version of this video before Summer Lesson gets released.

http://vimeo.com/12915013

Avenging_Mikon posted:

For pre-orders?

If we're counting every copy sold before the 1.0 version was released, I think that's about 4 million.

abagofcheetos posted:

I'm talking speed; I dont think minecraft sold millions in its first week (however you would even define minecraft's first week).

Besides, wasn't this a discussion already, and minecraft wasn't the highest anyway? I think if you want to get technical/annoying Wii Sports will hold this title forever :v:

I think it would seriously discredit the term to refer to that as an intellectual property.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I just moved from the US to Canada. Is that going to affect my PSN or is all of north America considered one region?

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...
To the people green-lighting all of these remasters, please work your magic on PS2 Need For Speed: Most Wanted with online multiplayer. I have cash.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Criterion already made a new NFS Most Wanted a couple years ago but it loving sucked and was nowhere near as great as their Hot Pursuit remake.

The original Most Wanted is one of my all time favorite NFS games too.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Fulchrum posted:

If we're counting every copy sold before the 1.0 version was released, I think that's about 4 million.

That would be retarded. So let's not. People were buying and playing it as a product pre 1.0. That's like counting Steam Early Access as pre-orders. It's not. At best it'd paid beta access, and you get the game for free for being a tester.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lumpy posted:

Absolutely. I love those games. Golf is too hard to "sim" so all the games that try wind out feeling blah to me, but HS Golf is goofy and still manges to have golf almost as accurate as whatever Tiger Woods is called these days.

Exactly. All the sim games feel so dry while Hot Shots manages to nail the more video-game feel of early computer golf sims with its gameplay. The characters and customizations are silly but add fun to what is such a quintessentially dry sport.

Hot Shots is the Caddyshack to Tiger Woods' Tin Cup. It's more fun and accurate enough to real golf anyway.

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Criterion already made a new NFS Most Wanted a couple years ago but it loving sucked and was nowhere near as great as their Hot Pursuit remake.

The original Most Wanted is one of my all time favorite NFS games too.

I bought the new Most Wanted day one and the framerate killed the whole game for me :/

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I just moved from the US to Canada. Is that going to affect my PSN or is all of north America considered one region?

It's one region. Enjoy paying $10 more per game though (plus up to 16% sales tax).

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

There will never be a PS4 Wipeout :smith:

There will never be a Morpheus Wipeout :smith:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BreakAtmo posted:

There will never be a Morpheus Wipeout :smith:

Thank crap. That's an instant vomit machine.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
That cool, ps4 downloaded the update dropped PSN and turned my single player FIFA game into a laggy mess.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Thank crap. That's an instant vomit machine.

Morpheus Wipeout separates the strong from the weak :getin:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Jimbot posted:

I hope that new Way of the Samurai game comes to the PS4 but I think it may only be for the Vita since it was debut during that portion of the press conference.

Wait wait wait. I clearly missed the most important part of this conference. They announced Way of the Samurai 5?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

CottonWolf posted:

Wait wait wait. I clearly missed the most important part of this conference. They announced Way of the Samurai 5?

Yes, as a Vita exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

I am... entirely too tempted to buy this.

• Locked thread