Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Jimbosaurus posted:

I was kinda curious about the summoner. I haven't heard anything about the mech and haven't really seen anyone run it. Is it just out classed by the timberwolf that nobody pays attention to it?
That's pretty much the gist of it. The Timberwolf is just that good. IMO the only reason to go for a Summoner right now is you can buy it in game with MC.

I've got a missile boat Twolf and a laser boat Twolf, and on a couple occasions I've topped 1000 damage in a game. And I'm poo poo.

TeeMerk posted:

That's quite an opinion you have there.

Please keep posting.

Well... I mean... He's not wrong, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

BattleMaster posted:

The Kit Fox with the nutty 3 AMS/ECM arm is hilarious but it's hard to beat a Raven 3L going 150kph.

Does it pretty much shoot down every streak ssrm ever?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

If someone could toss me a WoL invite that would be awesome. Same name as forums.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

CatsPajamas posted:

Okay so unfortunately you guys are making me want to try this. My computer's too good to run Mechwarrior 3 properly and that was the last Mechwarrior game I played. If I need my stompy robot fix, should I go for 4 or Online?

I mean, it's not wrong as long as I don't give PGI money...right?

I'm sure the people who spent money on clan mechs would thank you for being an easily destroyed moving target and as replacement for the AI that PGI is too lazy and incompetent to implement.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Remora posted:

If someone could toss me a WoL invite that would be awesome. Same name as forums.

gently caress it, me too. Might as well do it for the birds.

Paingod, no 556. Are we also doing Kerensky's with this?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Someone invite me too as well. Same name as here.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Remora posted:

Paingod556 posted:

gently caress it, me too. Might as well do it for the birds.

Paingod, no 556. Are we also doing Kerensky's with this?

Aesis posted:

Someone invite me too as well. Same name as here.

Sent you all friend requests. As soon as you accept them I'll chuck you an invite to WoL.

Nevermind! I found the invite to unit option. You're all invited.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Sep 2, 2014

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TeeMerk posted:

That's quite an opinion you have there.

Please keep posting.

Pretty sure everyone feels this way. Even the people still playing.

Playing MW:O is like having a significant other that picks up a nasty drug habit. You like the person underneath and held out hope they might go back to that one day, while just getting worse and worse and knowing really, there's not much hope of that. In the meantime, you definitely want to keep your wallet closed around them. But every now and then, they remind you of the old days when they had potential and you forget about all the poo poo.. for a while. It always comes back.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Sep 2, 2014

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

Pretty sure everyone feels this way. Even the people still playing.

Playing MW:O is like having a significant other that picks up a nasty drug habit. You like the person underneath and held out hope they might go back to that one day, while just getting worse and worse and knowing really, there's not much hope of that. In the meantime, you definitely want to keep your wallet closed around them. But every now and then, they remind you of the old days when they had potential and you forget about all the poo poo.. for a while. It always comes back.

While I agree with most of this I also don't want to discourage people from shooting roberts with goons and having a good time in general.

Once they opened the group limits back up most of the bros give fuckall about the actual game itself.

Also, there is no other stompy robot game to satiate the thirst of the older guys.

e: do not spend money on this game.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

TeeMerk posted:

While I agree with most of this I also don't want to discourage people from shooting roberts with goons and having a good time in general.

"Yeah the game is bad but that doesn't mean you should discourage people from playing it!"

gamers.txt

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

UoI posted:

Sent you all friend requests. As soon as you accept them I'll chuck you an invite to WoL.

Nevermind! I found the invite to unit option. You're all invited.

What the hell, toss an invite my way as well, please. "plek" ingame. I guess I should patch this up and see if my stalker is still fun.

e: lol you don't get any indication of what unit you are being invited to, are you making GBS threads me?

Plek fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Sep 2, 2014

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Plek posted:

What the hell, toss an invite my way as well, please. "plek" ingame. I guess I should patch this up and see if my stalker is still fun.

You're invited.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

"Yeah the game is bad but that doesn't mean you should discourage people from playing it!"

gamers.txt

The core game has never been bad, its just all the tacked on mechanics.

It's cool if you don't get it man.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

TeeMerk posted:

The core game has never been bad, its just all the tacked on mechanics.

Uh huh. So what is the "core game" to you? Just driving a robot? Because everything else has been poo poo at some point. The netcode, the handling of light/heavy mechs, the balancing of weapons, anything related to heat, modules doing literally nothing for months on end, terrible UI, clan mechs not being remotely balanced.

Minor aspects those!

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Uh huh. So what is the "core game" to you? Just driving a robot? Because everything else has been poo poo at some point. The netcode, the handling of light/heavy mechs, the balancing of weapons, anything related to heat, modules doing literally nothing for months on end, terrible UI, clan mechs not being remotely balanced.

Minor aspects those!

core gameplay has always been trolling the clanners and that's only gotten better!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Plek posted:

core gameplay has always been trolling the clanners and that's only gotten better!

Intense and persistent trolling is the only thing that would justify goons flocking back to this lovely game.

God bless the trolls.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

Minor aspects those!

Counterpoint: You have 2 pages of posts in a thread about a game you seem to hate.

Write a comprehensive post about how you really feel, that way someone can link it in the op and you won't be burdened by having to talk about a f2p video game anymore.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
The only thing funnier than pgi's appalling time management and blatant lying is the bickering in here. Who gives a poo poo if people are having fun with this broken mess?

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
I need an invite to WoL because I make terrible life decisions and reinstalled this dumb robot game.
In-game name is El Super Car

edit: what the everliving gently caress with this new 'shop' bullshit? I can't even tell what comes on any mech I might want to buy, or what its slot layout is, or anything. It took ages to figure out how to sell my now useless Atlas RS (rip Laserbones :( ), but now how am I to know what's worth my loving c-bills?

double edit: I'm retarded and forgot this game allows spaces in names :v:

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 2, 2014

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rocketpriest posted:

I need an invite to WoL because I make terrible life decisions and reinstalled this dumb robot game.
In-game name is Elsupercar

"User does not exist." Create your own group and make sure you didn't make a mistake.

And you're in.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Sep 2, 2014

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

gamers.txt

I am usually happy to jump in on MWO-is-poo poo chat but he's saying you can enjoy a bad game in good company, that's all. It seems to be all anyone does in MMOHMO anyway.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Fil5000 posted:

The only thing funnier than pgi's appalling time management and blatant lying is the bickering in here. Who gives a poo poo if people are having fun with this broken mess?

It's penance for encouraging others to play in the past or something.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

can i get an invite too as well

same name as here

e:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Pycckuu posted:

Counterpoint: You have 2 pages of posts in a thread about a game you seem to hate.

For the last 9 months to a year, I've had more fun reading about the game and laughing at :pgi: than playing it (because Goon presence had dissapeared). Sometimes a trainwreck is too fascinating to ignore.

Time to change that, I guess. Could someone send me an invite to WoL? Name is Fat Samurai. Also, I seem to have rage deleted misplaced the mumble settings, unless we're using the Camping the Stairs one. PM, please? Got it, thanks.

I should be in some friend lists somewhere, or at least a lot of goons were on mine yesterday, if we are still caring about Communication is Key and dirty J4G spies stuff.

Is the Zombie CN9-A still a thing?

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Sep 2, 2014

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fat Samurai posted:

I think it's back to being okay after a long time in the wilderness.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

sebmojo posted:

can i get an invite too as well

same name as here

e:

Fat Samurai posted:

For the last 9 months to a year, I've had more fun reading about the game and laughing at :pgi: than playing it (because Goon presence had dissapeared). Sometimes a trainwreck is too fascinating to ignore.

Time to change that, I guess. Could someone send me an invite to WoL? Name is Fat Samurai. Also, I seem to have rage deleted misplaced the mumble settings, unless we're using the Camping the Stairs one. PM, please?

I should be in some friend lists somewhere, or at least a lot of goons were on mine yesterday, if we are still caring about Communication is Key and dirty J4G spies stuff.

Invites are out. Enjoy having pubbies CAPSing at you for having words in front of you name.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Rocketpriest posted:

In-game name is El Super Car

edit: what the everliving gently caress with this new 'shop' bullshit? I can't even tell what comes on any mech I might want to buy, or what its slot layout is, or anything. It took ages to figure out how to sell my now useless Atlas RS (rip Laserbones :( ), but now how am I to know what's worth my loving c-bills?

Hover over the mech in the mechlab for a second or two and it should display some info on the right in tiny writing. If you think "wow, that's pretty loving dumb", congratulations, you have a better idea of UI design than pgi!

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Fat Samurai posted:

SRMs work but they also fixed the Cent's hitboxes so it's not nearly as durable as it once was. Shadowhawks and Griffons can do similar builds with jumpjets.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

gamers.txt

I too like to go into threads and bitch about people playing games because my opinion is superior and dammit guys you're not allowed to enjoy this.

We have had a lot of matches where we put more effort into making GBS threads up the ingame chat than actually playing, and those are the most fun of all. Harvesting more tears on the SA forums just makes it better. :allears:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Vorenus posted:

I too like to go into threads and bitch about people playing games because my opinion is superior and dammit guys you're not allowed to enjoy this.

We have had a lot of matches where we put more effort into making GBS threads up the ingame chat than actually playing, and those are the most fun of all. Harvesting more tears on the SA forums just makes it better. :allears:

But but my KDR!

SpeedRazor
Feb 5, 2005
I'll take a unit invite. Same name as here. Are we any closer to MPBT 3025's Planetary Warfare?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
My KDR is like .5 right now but my Game to Comedy ratio is astronomical. I loved the dudes who freaked out about us being cheaters the other day as we took them apart over and over. It was pretty funny.

HACK DROPPERS.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I just realized I still got my founder premium time, maybe I should use that to get some money for the clan mech c-bill release. Also I'd guess a Unit invite would be nice too, just so I get teamkilled more often once unit-tags get added. Ingame name is Feindfeuer, because I'm a very creative person.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

imperialparadox posted:

SRMs work but they also fixed the Cent's hitboxes so it's not nearly as durable as it once was. Shadowhawks and Griffons can do similar builds with jumpjets.

Problem with the Griffon is that it is loving huge, I have tried the 4SRM6 + 1ML build on that thing but it just does not have the durability of a Centurian. Can't speak to shadowhawks though, have not played them much.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
The Griffons arms are huge - the make good shields with torso twisting. I do 2xML, 4xSRM4A though, the recycle time on SRM4's is pretty good.

Alternatively you can use a Griffin to do ASRM18 and 1xERPPC - that gives you a long range poke until you close for SRMs.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I don't really think we need a better OP. I mean all the info you need you get from goons in mumble. It's pretty sad that I can't stop playing this dumb game but I'm having fun with goons and that's all that matters. RIGHT?!

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SpeedRazor posted:

I'll take a unit invite. Same name as here. Are we any closer to MPBT 3025's Planetary Warfare?

There is a map.

That's it.

And it's broken.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Propagandist posted:

That's pretty much the gist of it. The Timberwolf is just that good. IMO the only reason to go for a Summoner right now is you can buy it in game with MC.

I've got a missile boat Twolf and a laser boat Twolf, and on a couple occasions I've topped 1000 damage in a game. And I'm poo poo.

Well... I mean... He's not wrong, you know?

Do we need 5+ "this game is poo poo" posts per page?

Yo, send a WoL invite to "A o D" in game.

Chronojam posted:

Does it pretty much shoot down every streak ssrm ever?

Against, IS streak srms, yeah, it's pretty invulnerable. If you come up against a stormcrow packing 3x SSRM6 and 2x SSRM4, you're pretty hosed.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 2, 2014

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

This game really is poo poo, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

A.o.D. posted:

Do we need 5+ "this game is poo poo" posts per page?

No we need more.

• Locked thread