Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

garth ferengi posted:

HELLO I made an attempt at sorting out pretender balance! I think it's probably as good as it can get without making hugely radical changes that would be way more effort than I am willing to put into things right now.

The changelog is sort of massive and incredibly poorly worded, but I have not exactly been sober when I've been making it and english is my 3rd/4th language so oh well!!

Big List Of Changes

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21409916/pudmod%20pretenders%200_02.rar

I'm not going to judge too much on the specific changes you've made, but I definitely feel that you should balance disciple play separately from regular play. It looks like this is for free-for-all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

It says in the mod description but not in that changelog that it isn't meant for disciples, yes

e: Disciples you may as well just play vanilla but ban all dragony things, or something. Disciples is loving garbage, who cares

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Kanthulhu posted:

You just have to send a mage and leave it there?

The message said something about one of the "old mages of ermor" would know something about an Ancient Temple that appeared there. I don't recall the exact messages.

I'm playing M.A. Ermor vs the computer so I would like to go after the useless rewards just for kicks but I don't know what exactly to do in the province.

That's a story event for the Ancient Temple site, send a Spectator or Dusk Elder to sit on the province doing whatever (it doesn't matter, i usually build a lab there and have him research), it will take ~3 turns for something to happen but after a bit the mage will start unravelling the runes. The mage may be cursed or die (weaker mages are more likely to be cursed or die) or the mage may gain a point in Death or Astral, or the mage may unlock a Divine Mummy who joins your side, or a couple of other possible outcomes.

That's one of the better story events actually.

Smerdyakov
Jul 8, 2008

Neruz posted:

That's a story event for the Ancient Temple site, send a Spectator or Dusk Elder to sit on the province doing whatever (it doesn't matter, i usually build a lab there and have him research), it will take ~3 turns for something to happen but after a bit the mage will start unravelling the runes. The mage may be cursed or die (weaker mages are more likely to be cursed or die) or the mage may gain a point in Death or Astral, or the mage may unlock a Divine Mummy who joins your side, or a couple of other possible outcomes.

That's one of the better story events actually.

If it's underwater, the divine mummy drowns. :froggonk:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Smerdyakov posted:

If it's underwater, the divine mummy drowns. :froggonk:

Global warming's a bitch.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

That's what happens when you build a drat and flood archeological sites

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's the real reason for global warming. They're trying to stop the great Mummy plague of 2106.

Smerdyakov
Jul 8, 2008

Dom4 is 30% off on steam right now--any of you filthy lurkers that haven't gotten the game yet may want to take this opportunity.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I'm pretty sure it's been like 50 or 75% off before. Now's a silly time to come out of lurkdom.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Devils or Fiends of Darkness?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Flame112 posted:

I'm pretty sure it's been like 50 or 75% off before. Now's a silly time to come out of lurkdom.

It is $8 versus $5. That is literally 2 Jr Bacon Cheeseburgers.

Ok I see your point.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

amuayse posted:

Devils or Fiends of Darkness?
Devil. More health, longer, usually more damaging weapon. Secondary effect of barbed tail is completely devastating if it penetrates MR.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

jBrereton posted:

Devil. More health, longer, usually more damaging weapon. Secondary effect of barbed tail is completely devastating if it penetrates MR.

It's the F2B2 versus the B2 that kills me.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

:stare:

Well I'm not taking that throne :stonk:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

It's only 300 gems worth of spring hawks, I advise attacking in the fall

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Flavahbeast posted:

It's only 300 gems worth of spring hawks, I advise attacking in the fall

A test assault revealed that the Titan of Heaven is willing to cast Arrow Fend, Phantasmal Army, Shimmering Fields and Rain of Stones. gently caress. That. Throne.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Neruz posted:

A test assault revealed that the Titan of Heaven is willing to cast Arrow Fend, Phantasmal Army, Shimmering Fields and Rain of Stones. gently caress. That. Throne.

Arrow Fend isn't a big problem as they have 150 fliers, if you would go with archers in first place everyone and their mother would be swamped in melee very soon. And with some luck shimmering fields would destroy his own army :P.
But yeah, I hope that throne isn't key for winning.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
It's not a real game but that is with indy strength 5 so I was kind of like 'holy god that throne is a nightmare'

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

drat you Mod Inspector, the game is complicated enough as to also having to sort out bad info.

I was wondering why this unit

was worth it 15 gems.

But in game it has the spy and dream seduction attribute, and the she is move map 3 not 2.

edit: and other attributes are different, now that I read it again.

edit 2: LOL

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Sep 2, 2014

The Gentleman
Jun 21, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

Arrow Fend isn't a big problem as they have 150 fliers, if you would go with archers in first place everyone and their mother would be swamped in melee very soon. And with some luck shimmering fields would destroy his own army :P.
But yeah, I hope that throne isn't key for winning.

Lets say the throne is key to winning, what's the best tactic to deal with this mess? Autumn/not spring will make the spring hawks less annoying. A thug/SC to tear into their ethereal, or just plenty of AOE spells? Phantasmal Army will be the biggest problem to any conventional army, so how do you stop that?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Eye of the Void or Battlefield wide spells to deal with illuions. But then again, there are few things that can withstand getting hit in the face by a direct barrage of shimmering fields.
Also:
2014-09-01 18:05:11 +0200
New xibalba rituals: Theft of the Sun and more
Nazca and Xibalba updates
New Nazca pretender
New epithets
Summon Lammshtas bug fix

amuayse fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Sep 2, 2014

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

The Gentleman posted:

Lets say the throne is key to winning, what's the best tactic to deal with this mess? Autumn/not spring will make the spring hawks less annoying. A thug/SC to tear into their ethereal, or just plenty of AOE spells? Phantasmal Army will be the biggest problem to any conventional army, so how do you stop that?

I'd say you probably want to do it in layers; hit the province with some huge battlefield evocs to take out as many of the troops as possible and then gear up some thugs with lighting resist gear and eyes of the void and have them stab the titan to death.

amuayse posted:

Eye of the Void or Battlefield wide spells to deal with illuions. But then again, there are few things that can withstand getting hit in the face by a direct barrage of shimmering fields.
Also:
Nazca and Xibalba updates
New Nazca pretender
New epithets
Summon Lammshtas bug fix

Oh god I hope that results in worldwide darkness Agartha goan be best buds with batbros :3

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Turin Turambar posted:

But in game it has the spy and dream seduction attribute, and the she is move map 3 not 2.

Might just be in Order 1/Order 3 with 30-44 unrest? Unit does have Chaos Power, after all.

Larz
Jul 29, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

drat you Mod Inspector, the game is complicated enough as to also having to sort out bad info.

I was wondering why this unit

was worth it 15 gems.

The problem with map move was that flying units with a map move less then 3 get a bonus of +1 to movement. I went ahead and added that bonus in so the map move will be correct. I also fixed the spy, dream seduction and scale walls ability for all units (the script I have to scrape these values was out of date). The other attribute differences you see are due to chaos power. In neutral scales all of the stats are correct.

If anyone sees any problems with the inspector, just let me know and I can probably get it fixed.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Could you somehow extract event info Larz?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Larz posted:

The problem with map move was that flying units with a map move less then 3 get a bonus of +1 to movement. I went ahead and added that bonus in so the map move will be correct. I also fixed the spy, dream seduction and scale walls ability for all units (the script I have to scrape these values was out of date). The other attribute differences you see are due to chaos power. In neutral scales all of the stats are correct.

If anyone sees any problems with the inspector, just let me know and I can probably get it fixed.

Oh you are the guy who do the mod inspector? Cool.

Good work despite my earlier complaining, it's just the 1% of the time when the info of a unit is bad. I think maybe there are still a pair of effects that are missing or there are some conflicting system (maybe like the flying MM rule). I will report next time I see something weird.
edit: what I would like it's a new tab with the special effects (decay, curse, etc) and unit attributes, I wonder if you can extract at least the text description.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 2, 2014

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

amuayse posted:

Also:

Don't we have Darkness and Utterdark already? Maybe literally someone steals the sun with the spell, and he gains it as a magical item! Imagine the quest to kill him to restore the sun.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

There's already an artefact that's a piece of the sun, and that gives +2 F and +2 S. Imagine what the whole thing would give!

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

The Gentleman posted:

Mind hunt the province with Eyes Of The Void/Rune Smashers until the commanders are all dead, stroll in.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Turin Turambar posted:

Don't we have Darkness and Utterdark already? Maybe literally someone steals the sun with the spell, and he gains it as a magical item! Imagine the quest to kill him to restore the sun.

I'm guessing it's either a single-turn utterdark, or a targeted spell like Wolven Winter.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

The Gentleman posted:

Who are you playing? That'll make a difference.

Basically the answer is either to assassinate every leader remotely or with assassin-type commanders, or have strong enough battlemagic that you can schwack the ethereal enemies in a handful of turns or just eventually grind them down with better troops (Lightning Resistance buffs will help a lot here).

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like the ritual might be a sort of special utterdark that doesn't hurt the player's own dominion, since they're the ones stealing the sun

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i feel like the ritual might be a sort of special utterdark that doesn't hurt the player's own dominion, since they're the ones stealing the sun

Our sun now bitches.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Neruz posted:

Our sun now bitches.

I'm picturing an Italian Job-style heist with the Zotz racing away with it in the back of their stolen truck while horrors give chase.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Benly posted:

Mind hunt the province with Eyes Of The Void/Rune Smashers until the commanders are all dead, stroll in.

This is the best answer and the best way to cap a throne province with a scout

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Illwinter posted:

Not sure. Xibalba will be three eras, although I wasn't sure about this earlier. They go through more changes than most nations, and work might take a bit longer because of that.
EA Xibalba is more or less finished, troop wise. I intend to make some additional national summons, a few pretenders and some more heroes. Then EA is finished. MA will need an entirely new troop rooster, but summons will be more or less the same. Likewise for LA.
Nazca will also get a few more pretenders I believe, and a couple of heroes and possibly a summon or two.
We get triple the bats.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
All-ages batmans, this is excellent news.

Agartha and Batmans cavebros for lyfe :love:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Global cooling spell. Steal the sun, bring on the new ice age.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Illwinter posted:

MA will need an entirely new troop rooster

Isn't this infringing on Caelum's territory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

scalded schlong posted:

Isn't this infringing on Caelum's territory
Oh No.

We can have several flying factions; we have a ton of boring medium infantry factions in MA, after all.

• Locked thread