Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

Wait wait wait. I clearly missed the most important part of this conference. They announced Way of the Samurai 5?

Has WotS been good since the first one? The second one was awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Hakkesshu posted:

Has WotS been good since the first one? The second one was awful.

The fourth was stupid in a way I could completely get behind, and the third was at least interesting. Never played the earlier ones though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

None of the followups to WotS have that same plot cohesiveness the original had but each of them goes weird in different ways. Out of the main games, 2 is the worst, 3 is okay, and 4 is hilariously awesome. Spinoffs? Western kind of loses the point. If you have a PS3 then you might want to look into getting 4, if you live in not-North America then you can probably get a physical copy cheap now. If not? Well, I hope it got a price drop on the PSN 'cause it was $40 last time I checked.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I am... entirely too tempted to buy this.

Is there a chance PlayStation 3 themes with work on ps4? Cause I unironically want this.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

That corn poo poo is legit dumb as gently caress and so is anyone who wants it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Fateo McMurray posted:

Yep. I still want it.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I too want it

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
The corn is pretty zany and random

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Who doesn't like corn on the cob?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Fateo McMurray posted:

You have a Ted avatar.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Stux posted:

You have a Ted avatar.

I don't choose what people buy for me

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Fateo McMurray posted:

I don't choose what people buy for me

Sure buddy. Go cry in your corn.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Fateo McMurray posted:

Mlyp.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
I wouldn't mind the corn-theme either. Looks comfy.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Fateo McMurray posted:

Don't kink shame.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Kirios posted:

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warcare if actually a fun and enjoyable game. It's way better than you'd think it is...I recommend it.

It's really, really loving fun, honestly probably my favorite experience on the PS4 so far. I'm on the lookout for more people to add to my friends list to try out Garden Ops on tougher difficulties, doing it with pubbies on Normal is tough enough.

PSN: deadwingSA

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010

deadwing posted:

It's really, really loving fun, honestly probably my favorite experience on the PS4 so far. I'm on the lookout for more people to add to my friends list to try out Garden Ops on tougher difficulties, doing it with pubbies on Normal is tough enough.

Seconding this, I've really enjoyed my time with it so far and even got my girlfriend into playing split screen. Doesn't completely scratch the me3 itch, but it makes a drat fine effort.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

X_ThePerfect posted:

Seconding this, I've really enjoyed my time with it so far and even got my girlfriend into playing split screen. Doesn't completely scratch the me3 itch, but it makes a drat fine effort.

I've really been focusing on the PvP which is fantastic, only done Garden Ops a few times because oh god the pubbies are so bad, so I really can't say how that stacks up with ME3 yet. There's so much poo poo to unlock though, it's crazy. And there will be a few hundred more things to unlock in the upcoming patch, along with a new PvP mode and map.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I am... entirely too tempted to buy this.

It and the Flying Toaster (After Dark) theme are the only ones I've bought. The corn one gives the xmb some fire sound effects.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

deadwing posted:

PSN: Kirios86

Feel free to add me - I'd love to do the tougher difficulty Garden ops with goons. I've had to practically win every Garden Ops on normal by myself. I'm sick of dragging three pubbies through a Garden Ops kicking and screaming.

Edit: Yes! The PvP is great! I'd be down for that as well.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Corn theme looks good. Gonna eat corn and watch corn. Maybe touch myself we'll see how the night goes.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
In other news, Metro reached number one spot in the UK all-formats chart. This is pretty cool as the older games never really sold all that well. Diablo 3 is second and TLOU is third.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

deadwing posted:

I hate console shooters but I have enjoyed garden warfare quite a bit. Added you & kirios (that PSN phone app is handy as gently caress when at work sometimes). I'll try to sneak in some time soon on it, but Destiny's going to own my rear end next week for the indefinite future.

About the only complaint I have with GW isn't even the game's fault. There hasn't been a public game I played yet where unmuted comms wasn't this utterly unintelligible cacaphonic mess of noise, mixed up with Brazilian Portuguese uttered by histrionic, and judging by how often I heard 'verga', vulgar teenagers.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fateo McMurray posted:

You're dumb. Corn theme is hilarious and awesome and I would buy it. Hell, I had a McDonalds theme on my 360 for a hot minute several years ago. The avatar for my Player 2 profile is still a McDouble.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

In other news, Metro reached number one spot in the UK all-formats chart. This is pretty cool as the older games never really sold all that well. Diablo 3 is second and TLOU is third.

I wonder how much of that was because it was ~£30 for two full games. Square-Enix needs to take some hints on pricing from them.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

deadwing posted:

I enjoy it too - much more than I expected, to be honest. Add me for some Ops: arthexavier.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Anyone talk about these babies from Hideo's Twitter yet?

Because I'd buy that.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Streaming Velocity 2x for a bit.

https://www.twitch.tv/FeenixSA

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I just moved from the US to Canada. Is that going to affect my PSN or is all of north America considered one region?

Reverse Centaur posted:

It's one region. Enjoy paying $10 more per game though (plus up to 16% sales tax).

This isn't entirely true, actually. They share a region code so nothing is "locked" as such, but they're distinct regions, with the US store having USD prices and Canadian store having CAD prices (usually the same but starting to change, a few recent games have a $5-10 higher sticker price in Canada now). They have 99.9% identical content with very few differences (some Rockband songs and streaming apps like Hulu are US only, there are French versions of Modern Warfare 2 and 3 in Canada, that sort of thing), but you can't use a Canadian credit card on the U.S. store and vice-versa, or their money cards (cards for PS+ memberships are interchangeable, though, and digital game codes/DLC will also work). That said, if you still have a U.S. funding source or are willing to buy Amazon money codes, you can just keep using your US account and be totally fine.

If you still want to use Hulu/Amazon Instant Video and various other not-Netflix streaming services (or want to ensure you access the US library for Netflix) you'll have to get a DNS redirecting service.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Vic Boss posted:

Because I'd buy that.

I was about to come and post these as well because I think these designs are really nice looking and I would more than likely buy one of these if they sold them at a reasonable price.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Hey motherfuckers. Store page says mine craft is out today!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ineffiable posted:

Hey motherfuckers. Store page says mine craft is out today!

What the fuuuuuuuck.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Link? Not seeing anything.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Makes sense, it was put in for certification last week.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

univbee posted:

Link? Not seeing anything.

It's the banner on front. The actual page itself isn't up.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ineffiable posted:

I still haven't even found the banner. I do hope you are right. :)

(and I guess once I buy it, I hope I like it...)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Hmmm, not in the Canadian store rotation I don't think.

Just a reminder that if you own the PS3 version digitally you should get the PS4 version for $5 but I think you have to buy the PS3 version first (which is also going to be the Vita version).

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Feenix posted:

I still haven't even found the banner. I do hope you are right. :)

(and I guess once I buy it, I hope I like it...)

Here you go buddy.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Vic Boss posted:

Because I'd buy that.

One step closer to there being vast amounts of "faceplates" to buy for the PS4. If these are readily available to everyone and not some limited edition hoobajoob, then this is a pretty good start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I won't ask someone to explain the entirety of how to play/what the allure of Minecraft is. I think I get it. You build poo poo, survive the nights or something.

I guess my only question is, how does (and does?) it have Multiplayer. And what;s that like? A persistent server? Or more like Terraria where *if* I am playing, you can join me/be invited. But only if I am playing.

• Locked thread