Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CrazyLittle posted:

Try to keep up:

And what did Anita's ethnicity have to do with that joke then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

big duck equals goose posted:

Kill all Turkish/Iranian gamers.

Please, don't discriminate.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

CrazyLittle posted:

Look, don't be obtuse. Raging about this open letter is admitting that you're a cartoon-caricature villain. It's a rhetorical trap, and if "gamers" want to be poop flinging monkeys then it's really easy to come out against this and say that you support harassing people. Yeah, it's easy for people to support this open letter because it should be painfully obvious that harassment is unacceptable. Trying to divert the goal of that open letter to try to talk about cucking just proves their point further.
The letter is dumb because there are equally lovely people on both sides sending threats and doxxing people. the sjw side literally went after a 13 year old and threatened to kill him, complete with pictures and a link to his Facebook. Same goes for several of the prominent twitter figures on the gamer side, they had threats against their kids, wives, homes, and selves. The difference is only one side makes a big display over it and leaves their house, and only one side is passively aggressively implying the other side is the only guilty party. Reddit and 4chan have repeatedly poo poo on members that try to rally harassment and threats. That doesn't stop individuals from doing lovely things, but both sides have those kinds of individual.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
/v/-mods are closing down all GamerGate-related threads while /pol/ found ways to tie DARPA into all of this. This is unreal.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ArbitraryC posted:

The letter is dumb because there are equally lovely people on both sides sending threats and doxxing people. the sjw side literally went after a 13 year old and threatened to kill him, complete with pictures and a link to his Facebook. Same goes for several of the prominent twitter figures on the gamer side, they had threats against their kids, wives, homes, and selves. The difference is only one side makes a big display over it and leaves their house, and only one side is passively aggressively implying the other side is the only guilty party. Reddit and 4chan have repeatedly poo poo on members that try to rally harassment and threats. That doesn't stop individuals from doing lovely things, but both sides have those kinds of individual.

You're funny, too, by the way.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

ArbitraryC posted:

the breitbart guy has received dozens of death threats, for example

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

*checks watch* boy howdy this late already? time for some overly serious posts in the CuckQuest thread.

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
Armenian is literally not an ethnicity that exists on America's radar. Nobody is going to look at Anita and not think she's white.

Jesus people.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

ArbitraryC posted:

Have you ever heard of SJW's swat'ing somebody? Because I haven't. But yes, please continue to try to excuse harassment through ridiculous equivocation. "Both sides do it" doesn't mean either side is right.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

You are, but in a pejorative way.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
The Gamer+SJW Cuckspiracy, the effort in engineering the most insufferable nerd known to mankind.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CrazyLittle posted:

Have you ever heard of SJW's swat'ing somebody? Because I haven't. But yes, please continue to try to excuse harassment through ridiculous equivocation. "Both sides do it" doesn't mean either side is right.

I haven't heard of you doing anything of value in your entire life.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

jpmeyer posted:

the breitbart guy has received dozens of death threats, for example

yeah but he earned that poo poo hard

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean nothing in the open letter is really something you should disagree with. It's just don't harass and threaten people you disagree with over video games. That's why it's such a low risk move, they can just pull the anita defense and whenever someone tries to criticize them for other valid things turn around and say "gamers can't even accept something simple like this!!!!".

The only irksome thing apart from the free revenue they're slurping up from getting involved is they're name-dropping Zoe and Anita and ensuring this poo poo reaches all the casual observers who wouldn't haven't even noticed this sordid affair had it not been plastered on Famed Big-Name Game Site I.G.N. :downs:

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

CrazyLittle posted:

Who was that guy threatening to SWAT people on twitter for mentioning that dumb hashtag?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Gamer media is pushing this huge "stop the misogyny" narrative to distract all the mud on their faces. Sure they have a point, but they're mostly just as guilty and/or hypocritical as gently caress.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Someone on another board I frequent claimed that someone had hacked nude photos of Anita Sarkeesian. Did this actually happen or is he conflating the harassment she got with the celebrity leak?

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

ultrabindu posted:

Over 300 pages discussing Cuckolding and not a single black person was involved?
I am very disappointed by the whole thing.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
How to attack a woman who works in video gaming

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/01/how-to-attack-a-woman-who-works-in-video-games

quote:

There’s a hot trend among a vocal minority of gamers right now: the harassment of women developers and critics. Of course, this sort of thing is not new in tech – or, let’s face it, across the internet – but in the video games industry it has hit a fashionable peak.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
They're right. Indie developers should really stop harassing women.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

This was actually posted yesterday but they added this part, heh:

quote:

Update: Jenn Frank has purchased and is a supporter of Zoë Quinn’s work, although this is the first article she has written on the developer. Frank has also briefly met Anita Sarkeesian.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

CrazyLittle posted:

He is saying the journalists are ignoring the harassment the sjw are doing, pretending it's one sided. He is not equivocating or saying it's ok but nice try

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lol this reportage may be biased, she passed anita sarkeesian in a hall once

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe

CrazyLittle posted:

Nope. Still not okay, regardless of ethnicity. The point in highlighting Sarkeesian's/Jontron's ethnicity was to knock down the insinuation that POC aren't being harassed, or that there's no ethnic bent to the problem.

ugh i know you dont speak for all "SJWs" the same way i dont speak for all "middle eastern POCs" but i just want to let you know that you come off as a real dumbshit and your whole life is in vain

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

One neat trick to avoid being accused of corruption is to not have sex with people that write articles about you or judge competitions youve entered into.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I thought swatting was something people did to livestreamers and had nothing to do with SJW vs MRA

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Pyronic posted:

Who was that guy threatening to SWAT people on twitter for mentioning that dumb hashtag?

Was that guy really a mod on polygon?
Did he actually call the cops on anyone?
Ever consider that he was trolling gamergate same way that "momsagainstgam" is?
Can you tell me the difference between the threats, "I'm gonna call the cops" and "I'm going to kill you, your family, and here's their address"?
Who created the "gamer+" image, anyways?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Landstander posted:

This was actually posted yesterday but they added this part, heh:

What did she purchase? Depression Quest is free.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

CrazyLittle posted:

Its like you're a parody right now. My post before the one you quoted straight up predicted exactly how the letter would be used.

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean nothing in the open letter is really something you should disagree with. It's just don't harass and threaten people you disagree with over video games. That's why it's such a low risk move, they can just pull the anita defense and whenever someone tries to criticize them for other valid things turn around and say "gamers can't even accept something simple like this!!!!".

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

Its almost as if internet harassment has no affiliation and infact isnt really the issue at all.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

EasternBronze posted:

One neat trick to avoid being accused of corruption is to not have sex with people that write articles about you or judge competitions youve entered into.

Okay that sounds hard to do

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I thought swatting was something people did to livestreamers and had nothing to do with SJW vs MRA

It's basically just making a certain kind of bogus police report which is something lovely people of all creeds have been doing to each other forever

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
some one post the tyler the creator tweet pls tia

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Paladinus posted:

contributed to her paetron probably

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Paladinus posted:

she's a patreon of Zoe Quinn. she literally gives Zoe Quinn more money every month.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Paladinus posted:

She supports her on Patreon. They probably added that cause people were posting this image in the comments.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

The Landstander posted:

Update: Jenn Frank has purchased and is a supporter of Zoë Quinn’s work, although this is the first article she has written on the developer. Frank has also briefly met Anita Sarkeesian.

Hahahahahaha! The new gaming press, ladies and gentlemen. The passive aggressive ex-girlfriends of the internet.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Im gonna make an account on paetron, goons please support my fat rear end so i can play videogames all day and fart up my chair.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

FAROOQ posted:

They're right. Indie developers should really stop harassing women.

I dunno about you guys but I really don't think crazylittle should stalk me, murder me in my sleep, and violate my corpse. Who all would sign their SA name on an open letter to shame him from doing that?

If he keeps arguing with me I'm just going to assume he can't even accept such reasonable terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

What if redditors had shutdown a fundraiser for women in gaming?

• Locked thread