Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Been there, done that, made Nefud feel bad. Move along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SpikeMcclane posted:

You didn't answer my other parts of the question.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Knormal posted:

I think Hasbro discussed at a panel somewhere that Sandstorm was actually the one designed first, then they realized they could also make a Springer out of it. That explains why Sandstorm is the better mold, but the less-popular character.

Best part of the Springer Mold, that sexy head.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

SpikeMcclane posted:

I made myself feel bad due to overreacting, you had very very little to do with it.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

For everyone on the fence about Generations Jhiaxus, you should get him. There has never been a transformer this orange before. Like if you look at him and then shut your eyes the orange is so bright that you can still see his image.

He is that orange, it is amazing.

And I'm here to provide the counterpoint: don't get him!

Apart from the blinding orange and atrocious facial paint aps, the soft plastic on his arms combined with the tight tolerances of the pins in his elbows results in the figure not being able to bend his forearms up to 90 degrees without so much strain that you feel like you're going to tear his forearms clean off.

I'll admit that maybe I just got a bum version, but do you want to take that chance? Do you?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

But Armada SS doesn't have that problem, you maybe got a bad Jhiaxus.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

My Armada Starscream is probably my favorite transformer, if only because of his quick transformation, so I'm stoked as hell to pick up a Jhiaxus.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I'd be keener on Armada Starscream if his swords didn't give me absolutely bonkers anxiety on every conceivable level.

Transparent plastic in two parts that connect only with an open-clip plastic hinge that constantly disengages, and which also fit so tightly in his hands that you need to slowly and carefully twist them out while holding the wrist-hinge in place - all while being unsatisfyingly short?

And he's got TWO that I have to worry about!?

Thank goodness they stay on his wings okay or I'd have a fit of conniptions. As it stands, I just try to ignore that he has them and enjoy the rest of the figure.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Generations Armada starscream looks awesome with the Generations Decepticon Minicon team attached. Have the truck and Backhoe be the connected to the arms and have the Bomber connected to the back.

They need to release more minicon packs with Jhiaxus. There's only 3 teams in generations, I would love a booster pack like the two that K-Mart got with Universe 2.0.

Also speaking of Universe 2.0 I went to a few Big Lots and found out that they still carry stuff from it. Along with officially licensed Stargate SG-1 building brick sets.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 1, 2014

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Generations Armada starscream looks awesome with the Generations Decepticon Minicon team attached. Have the truck and Backhoe be the connected to the arms and have the Bomber connected to the back.

They need to release more minicon packs with Jhiaxus. There's only 3 teams in generations, I would love a booster pack like the two that K-Mart got with Universe 2.0.

Also speaking of Universe 2.0 I went to a few Big Lots and found out that they still carry stuff from it. Along with officially licensed Stargate SG-1 building brick sets.

Those Stargate SG-1 licensed sets are hideous.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

shymog posted:

Those Stargate SG-1 licensed sets are hideous.

Yeah but the Stargate itself actually works aesthetically with Lego sets.

The vehicles and everything else are poo poo though and really stick out among actual Lego vehciles.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

If your Blitzwing has incredibly tight shoulders, I just fixed mine and it's super easy to do. I don't know if it's a widespread problem, but the grey paint causes it: it was probably assembled too fast before the paint had time to dry.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Just picked up a Rattrap and Tankor at a St. Louis Walmart! Maybe they're finally spreading around?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

During my weekend away in central New York I found a Tankor. Woo?

Also Slash, a dinobot I did not know existed.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Unless you really want to complete the dinobots, Slash is probably best avoided unless it's on discount. This coming from someone who enjoys the AoE dinobots in general.

That said I'll probably snag him eventually since I'm desperate for plastic crack and I still don't have my Roadbuster and Sky Byte.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

I'm desperate for plastic crack and I still don't have my Roadbuster and Sky Byte.

They're coming in cases just with themselves IIRC, September should probably have them wind up on HTS.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I haven't seen any Roadbusters or Sky Bytes at all in Baton Rouge. It's all Whirl and Blitzwing here still.

I've seen 2 Tankors and a Rattrap, but I don't want either of those. :(

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Tankor kinda sucks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He always kinda has

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gotta make the mold count somehow

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Apparently it's based on the Diaclone version of Wheeljack, which was/is also a Decepticon. So they're basically inventing a character.

Count me as one of the three people legitimately excited about this, if only for the :krad: head sculpt.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Sockser posted:

Tankor kinda sucks.

Screen accuracy's a bitch sometimes.

Blackheart posted:

Hard to argue with that headsculpt.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That headsculpt is awesome but the paint deco is not really doing it for me. The car looks great then the robot looks weird somehow? Like Santa Claus, or a pack of smokes, or something I can't quite articulate.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I imagine it will look better when it's not a mostly-white bot on a white background

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Spiderdrake posted:

That headsculpt is awesome but the paint deco is not really doing it for me. The car looks great then the robot looks weird somehow? Like Santa Claus, or a pack of smokes, or something I can't quite articulate.

Since it's based on the Marlboor deco, its supposed to look like a pack of smokes.

Pretty faithful to the original.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Put it in Prime Dead End Halloween colors and I'd buy it.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I like that but I wasn't going to get wheeljack and I'd feel weird having some weird redeco of him without having the actual character.

Also I know special ops jazz's chest not locking is some weird thread reference to one of you having a meltdown but it really doesn't lock and it kind of ruins him for me. I hate when transformers don't securely lock into each mode, automaton/mechtech/whatever be damned

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Spike has already proven repeatedly that his Jazz is superior.

Or at least a bit rusty.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Blackheart posted:

Holy poo poo, more Diaclone recolors/retools please!

I don't recognize that little "gold vase" device it comes with?

EDIT:I bet Reprolabels are already at work on this one.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

It's Wheeljack's Instant Immobilizer device.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

DoctorWhat posted:

Put it in Prime Dead End Halloween colors and I'd buy it.

That color Scheme is just awesome, and the mold is great too. I wish they'd use that mold for other stuff, especially if they're using Prime Arcee for Chromia.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

People are mad that Exhaust gets a MP-23 number. Haha Transformers fans are the worst.

Also Star Saber for 18,000 yen ain't bad at all!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Does Masterpiece grimlock have loosey-goosey hip joints or is it just mine?

That's probably my biggest peeve with transformers is loose joints. How am I supposed to pose a dude if he's always falling over?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Anora posted:

That color Scheme is just awesome, and the mold is great too. I wish they'd use that mold for other stuff, especially if they're using Prime Arcee for Chromia.

See that coat in my avatar? With red tartan, and pink, peach, and yellow felt (and that's just the colors you can SEE)? That is an article of clothing I own and wear. My heightened aesthetic sense and love of forward-thinking color schemes basically compelled me to track down Dead End.

Dead End is so great.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Sockser posted:

Does Masterpiece grimlock have loosey-goosey hip joints or is it just mine?

I don't recall that being an issue with the first release, but a few people have mentioned it with the new one.

catch22 fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 2, 2014

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

catch22 posted:

I don't recall that being an issue with the first release, but a few people have mentioned it with the new one.

Yeah I've got the MP-03 TRU release that doesn't come with the apron/serving tray/sweet-fuckin-bowtie.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Sockser posted:

Yeah I've got the MP-03 TRU release that doesn't come with the apron/serving tray/sweet-fuckin-bowtie.

Would an application of Future Shine fix the problem? I can't remember if those joints are easily gotten into or not.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Anora posted:

Man, you mean use it even more? The Prime WJ mold has seen a lot of use.

And yeah seconding the love for Rave Party Vampire Dead End.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm getting offers to join the beta of the TF Universe online game. Should I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Blackheart posted:

Man, you mean use it even more? The Prime WJ mold has seen a lot of use.

I'd be happy for even more uses of it and the Arcee, Ripclaw and Vehicon molds.

Other then 2 Wheeljacks, Dead End and the Con exclusive Chromedome, who has it been used as? That hardly seems excessive, especially one is just a con exclusive and another is dolled up a bit to give it some pizzaz.

Something that's been bugging me lately, A person I know keeps freaking out about the decepticon in RotF that could look entirely human. He keeps saying that if the Transformers can look human, then why be a car or whatever. I don't get this, as being a human puts you at a disadvantage against things like a jet, tank or even just a car, so his point has always confused me. however, I remembers the Pretenders sub-line, which didn't seem to cause that much of a stir.

So here's my question, do you think it would be possible to do a whole TF series with all or most of the TFs having human Transformations? I figure they'd still have robot and Alt modes, but would mass-shift in pretender like shells or holograms or something similar. It seems like it would allow for some more natural human allies, instead of the stuff like in Prime or the Cybertron trilogy where they're just kind of in the way. Thoughts?