Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infurnus
Nov 4, 2009

I challenge you to a DEADMATCH, where we will fight... TO THE DEAD!

Death By Yogurt posted:

Probably this. Called David Jaffe a misogynist over some trite bullshit.

https://soundcloud.com/ben-kuchera/jaffe-confrontation
Stephen Totilo is the other guy in the recording :ssh:

https://twitter.com/BenKuchera/status/503265547275214848

In other news (or lack thereof):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno about you guys but I really don't think crazylittle should stalk me, murder me in my sleep, and violate my corpse. Who all would sign their SA name on an open letter to shame him from doing that?

Go ahead. I'll even sign it.

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe

CrazyLittle posted:

Was that guy really a mod on polygon?
Did he actually call the cops on anyone?
Ever consider that he was trolling gamergate same way that "momsagainstgam" is?
Can you tell me the difference between the threats, "I'm gonna call the cops" and "I'm going to kill you, your family, and here's their address"?
Who created the "gamer+" image, anyways?

#SIGNALBOOST #ASKQUESTIONS

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

crazylittle needs to understand that his harassment of people on the internet is lovely and has to stop.

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
If people harass Anita Sarkeesian, that's indicative of a culture.

Those SJW's who threatened that 10 year old on twitter are just outliers.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyLittle posted:

Go ahead. I'll even sign it.

no stop the only way their narrative makes sense is if you go apeshit

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

The Landstander posted:

This was actually posted yesterday but they added this part, heh:

Disclaimer : Jenn Frank thinks Dragon Age 2 is a good game.

Disclaimer: Jenn Frank can't beat Kirby games, thinking they are too difficult.

Disclaimer : Jenn Frank and Zoe had hardcore sex. It was like watching two blobs (from a boy and his blob) lay on top of each other and lick open-faced arby double beef and Chedders. It smelled like a gym stuffed full of garbage.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Gorman Thomas posted:

some one post the tyler the creator tweet pls tia

?????

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

The real hosed up thing about it all is apparently the whole "indie gaming" thing wasn't ever a widespread movement, the indie gaming revolution was all just some incestuous hipster group in San Fransisco hyping each other up.

Good, I thought I was weird for not giving a flying gently caress about low effort "retro" garbage.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
so crazy little are you ignoring the fact that the majority of gamers have nothing to do with this but are still being treated like they are neanderthals by the very industry they hold aloft...buuut thats ok because "we want you guys to stop talking about this. stop being neanderthals, we decided we won because this posting has a high moral stance and if you get angry about this you are the neanderthal we are telling you to stop being" is alright yes?

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

AkumaHokoru posted:

the majority of gamers have nothing to do with this
No true scotsman. We have an obligation to police the shittier aspects of our communities.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Xachariah posted:

The real hosed up thing about it all is apparently the whole "indie gaming" thing wasn't ever a widespread movement, the indie gaming revolution was all just some incestuous hipster group in San Fransisco hyping each other up.

Nah.. Indie just means you make it with practically no money.

The hipster clique thing is just a thing in itself... like weirdos that vote each other's amazon ebooks up.

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
Some Indie games are actually quite good but the fact that Depression Quest won any kind of award at all should have tipped everyone off that something was being sucked up.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Indie games died when Notch made his first hundred million. Or something, who cares who makes the game as long as it's fun.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

CrazyLittle posted:

No true scotsman. We have an obligation to police the shittier aspects of our communities.

Or you could realize they are trolls like most of the rest of us well adjusted adults have realized and not feed them...then again I'm asking you to think like someone who was being insulted for something they had nothing to do with.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Xachariah posted:

Good, I thought I was weird for not giving a flying gently caress about low effort "retro" garbage.

I guess you don't understand that Indies are the only developers making interesting games that big companies are too afraid to do; that's why you need approximately 600 platformers with 8-bit graphics and a dozen uninteresting Diablo clones.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Why the gently caress do indie games count as their own genre nowadays? Who cares if the creator was some fatback living off of Cheetos and dew while he lovingly handcrafted every single pixel of his lovely "retro platformer" its still a loving platformer.

Basically, gently caress indie devs

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Behead those who insult Zoe Quinn (PBUX)

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

CrazyLittle posted:

Ah yes, it is my job to care about all the 12 year olds calling people faggots over Xbox live because I also happen to play videogames.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
hail satan (quinn)

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Some riveting Kotaku journalism:

http://kotaku.com/sad-horse-is-dressed-as-mario-1498839463

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CrazyLittle posted:

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

BombiTheZombie posted:

Why the gently caress do indie games count as their own genre nowadays?

Because they don't?

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

EasternBronze posted:

Some Indie games are actually quite good but the fact that Depression Quest won any kind of award at all should have tipped everyone off that something was being sucked up.

Depression quest isn't even a game. It's a look at tiny jpegs poorly pasted and a lovely high-school level writer attempting a half-rear end choose your own adventure book with half of the choices cut out. If a goon made it we would laugh about it for years and claim it's even worse then crimson haze or the demon rush.

Yet, apparently, she's important enough in gaming to be a martyr for all female game devs? poo poo. Roberta Williams must be spinning in her billion dollar grave.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

CrazyLittle posted:

you bought a september 11 regdate

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Lazyfire posted:

I guess you don't understand that Indies are the only developers making interesting games that big companies are too afraid to do; that's why you need approximately 600 platformers with 8-bit graphics and a dozen uninteresting Diablo clones.

actual 8-bit games looked way better than these "retro" indie games usually do, because it's less about an aesthetic style than it's about them being too cheap to hire an artist

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

big duck equals goose posted:

Depression quest isn't even a game. It's a look at tiny jpegs poorly pasted and a lovely high-school level writer attempting a half-rear end choose your own adventure book with half of the choices cut out. If a goon made it we would laugh about it for years and claim it's even worse then crimson haze or the demon rush.

Yet, apparently, she's important enough in gaming to be a martyr for all female game devs? poo poo. Roberta Williams must be spinning in her billion dollar grave.

At least demon rush was a game, not some storybook bullshit that people love calling a game. Dont know what crimson haze is.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

CrazyLittle posted:

irony overload.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

CrazyLittle posted:

This is true, if only people did this thing. I mean, nowhere has anyone who would say they're a gamer acknowledge that harassment is a lovely thing to do. Nope. Certainly not in this thread, or elsewhere on the internet. Hey, wait a second, I PLAY GAMES!

Harassing people on the internet is a lovely thing to do. Don't do that, people who do that!

Whew! Problem solved! So when is Kotaku or whatever gaming journals I don't read going to release that article in which they note that maybe arbitrarily making GBS threads on a massive number of people via the hideously vague label of 'gamer' might have perhaps been a bad idea- rather than spin the complaints they're getting from their advertisers as a further censuring of those bastard, vile, ugh, gamers?

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

CrazyLittle posted:

Oh you hero, wanna have lots of sexy sex? :bigtran:

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

BombiTheZombie posted:

At least demon rush was a game, not some storybook bullshit that people love calling a game. Dont know what crimson haze is.

Crimson Haze was the best idea ever... A game for gamers made by gamers. It also had a fart sword in it.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

CrazyLittle posted:

Let's all act like a cop all the time, and like everyone else is the bad guy.

You've just exemplified why nobody likes these people.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

CrazyLittle posted:

Unless they're dogpiling someone you happen to disagree with. To anyone who's looked beyond your little hive mind fronts, you people don't have a moral leg to stand on.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

just popping in to say, you're all fucktards

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hello, are people unironically agreeing with people who self identify as gamers itt?

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
came to ask if there was a winner in any of this?

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

Clitch posted:

Unless they're dogpiling someone you happen to disagree with. To anyone who's looked beyond your little hive mind fronts, you people don't have a moral leg to stand on.

You're dogpiling someone I happen to disagree with, however I disapprove of you referring to them as 'You People'. Consider yourself policed. Also individual examples of stupidity should really be confined to the originator alone anyway. Nothing to be gained from imagining more of them at that computer than there is.

So, 'you person'. I guess?

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!
Also, why did Deadspin aka Gawker Media straight up post Kate Upton nude photos that were hacked illegally directly on their site?

It seems like a really lovely thing to do. No, it doesnt matter that Justin Verlander was in them.

NSFW obviously http://deadspin.com/justin-verlander-and-his-butt-appear-in-celebrity-nude-1629145772

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

literally a hog posted:

Also, why did Deadspin aka Gawker Media straight up post Kate Upton nude photos that were hacked illegally directly on their site?

It seems like a really lovely thing to do. No, it doesnt matter that Justin Verlander was in them.

NSFW obviously http://deadspin.com/justin-verlander-and-his-butt-appear-in-celebrity-nude-1629145772

Welcome to the future of "journalism" where anyone that can write a semi-coherent blog, is considered a journalist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

zoux posted:

Hello, are people unironically agreeing with people who self identify as gamers itt?

we all work for PepsiCo

• Locked thread