Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Nintendo just twitted it's WiiU lineup to the end of 2015

Cool holiday season, but hopefully they have some cards up their sleeve for 2015.

Only games worth owning in 2015 are in this list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Good god, 2015 is stacked.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

13/f/cali posted:

It's a plot thing. If it wasn't revealed by that point it'll come up.

Nah it was already revealed just a real long time ago it's just easy to forget: Monado can't hurt people.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Cool holiday season, but hopefully they have some cards up their sleeve for 2015.
Considering Star Fox, Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Kirby's Rainbow Curse weren't even announced until three months ago I'd say they'll probably have some surprises.

Wild Knight posted:

So, uh, Xenoblade question I guess. I just fought Tyrea and the Telethia in the Entia Tomb. For the entire fight, Shulk could not damage her - everything he did made him bounce off her and only did 1 damage. I tried doing everything I could think of, Breaking or Toppling or Purge, but none of it worked and I ended up relying on Dunban and Riki the whole fight. I noticed he was having the same trouble with the earlier minibosses that were similar. Did I miss something stupidly obvious?
That was a lot of fun for me. My first go I went in Shulk and won after a long fight, only to have the game crash. SO I had to reload from the last hard save, replay the whole tomb, and then lose the fight because I changed up the team but forgot the important detail of rotating Shulk out.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

absolutely anything posted:

Nah it was already revealed just a real long time ago it's just easy to forget: Monado can't hurt people.

Aha. This is still my first playthrough but I started it years ago, so... Makes sense that I forgot it. Thanks.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
I can't be the only one who's pretty excited for Affordable Space Adventures.

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.
So I just ordered a refurbished wii u from nintendo. If I understand correctly when I get my system and register it I get 2000 digital points which redeem for ~$20 to use on digital content, right? And these points only accumulate on digital purchases, not physical ones? Thanks.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

No Egrets posted:

So I just ordered a refurbished wii u from nintendo. If I understand correctly when I get my system and register it I get 2000 digital points which redeem for ~$20 to use on digital content, right? And these points only accumulate on digital purchases, not physical ones? Thanks.

I don't think you get points for the system itself, but for everything you buy on the eShop which means yes, not physical purchases. You can redeem the Club Nintendo code for coins to use on exclusive Club Nintendo things, but that's a different thing.

Wild Knight posted:

Monado vs. humans realization

...something just occurred to me that is really bothering me: if it is true that the Monado can't hurt people, how the hell can Shulk use it in Smash Bros.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I preordered the DLC for MK8. I sorta hate being teased by it on the character and course selection screens, though.

Side note, my gf wants to get me a 3DS for my birthday next month. Is there any reason to wait for the New 3DS? I understand there will be some hardware changes and stuff like Xenoblade will only work on it, but are there any other compelling reasons to wait?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

...something just occurred to me that is really bothering me: if it is true that the Monado can't hurt people, how the hell can Shulk use it in Smash Bros.

Pretty sure the rule is that it can't hurt those born on the Bionis, which doesn't apply to anyone in Smash Bros except for Shulk. I doubt they really cared about that rule either way though

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Wild Knight posted:

For the entire fight, Shulk could not damage her - everything he did made him bounce off her and only did 1 damage. I tried doing everything I could think of, Breaking or Toppling or Purge, but none of it worked and I ended up relying on Dunban and Riki the whole fight.

Could've been worse, you could have had Sharla in the party too, leaving you with only one person capable of doing significant damage for the whole fight :shepicide:

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Wild Knight posted:

Guess you'll have to play the game to find out :smug:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

He's using the fully powered up Monado from the latter half of the game clearly.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Morby posted:

Side note, my gf wants to get me a 3DS for my birthday next month. Is there any reason to wait for the New 3DS? I understand there will be some hardware changes and stuff like Xenoblade will only work on it, but are there any other compelling reasons to wait?

There are going to be N3DS only games, it sounds like a pretty substantial hardware upgrade, it has a nub to maybe replace the need for a circle pad pro and the 3D view is going to be much better.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

it also has snes colored buttons but is not called the super 3ds :confused:

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

ethanol posted:

it also has snes colored buttons but is not called the super 3ds :confused:

The button colors are the #1 reason I want a New 3DS. Do we know how much the New 3DS is going to cost?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Just out of curiosity, would you consider Super Mario 3D World "worth owning"?

edit: A Nintendo Direct for Bayonetta 2 has been announced, scheduled for this Thursday. The details have been posted near the top of the OP.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 2, 2014

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The new 3DS isn't coming out in time for Smash is it :smith:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Wild Knight posted:

Keep playing the game. There's an explanation for that. (Not that exactly, of course, but it does get addressed.)

Morby posted:

I preordered the DLC for MK8. I sorta hate being teased by it on the character and course selection screens, though.

It's a question of, get a 3DS now and play fun games until the New 3DS is released, and then either get one or wait until there's some exclusive game you absolutely must play. (Xenoblade might qualify for that depending on your taste or if you've played it already.)

Or, wait until the New 3DS comes out and have even more games to catch up on.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Do we know if the new 3DS will have transfer options for downloaded games like the Wii/WiiU?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Affordable Space Adventures - October

Wait a second, what? But... the PR announcement just said that it was pushed back to 2015.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Silver Falcon posted:

Keep playing the game. There's an explanation for that. (Not that exactly, of course, but it does get addressed.)

There's also an alternate explanation for Smash Bros: all the fighters are animated trophies, not people.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Probably a dumb question but will a sale on the eShop that advertises ending On September 4th end on midnight of the 3rd or the 4th. I can never really know with Nintendo these days.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
WTf is Affordable Space Adventure?

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Shyfted One posted:

A funny little space exploration indie game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJdyPGoalOs

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Shyfted One posted:

I watched the trailer and it looks a lot like Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet except better. It's by Nifflas who made the Knytt games and Within a Deep Forest, so it's probably going to be a primarily atmospheric game with a ton of hidden stuff. Generally his games are about exploring over accomplishing goals, and have fairly forgiving death penalties (usually just respawning you very close to where you died).

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Shyfted One posted:

A game made by an indie developer who's been making very good games almost solo for several years, this time with a decent-sized team. Uses the Gamepad to its potential, which is really nice.

Jsor posted:

I watched the trailer and it looks a lot like Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet except better.
I wouldn't compare ASA to ITSP, not only because almost nobody actually knows what the latter is, but also because both games set out to do different things. I have no doubt that ASA will be considerably more polished, though.

I need more twin-stick adventure games in my life!!!!

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 3, 2014

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
:siren:BAYONETTA 2 DIRECT INCOMING:siren:

3 PM Pacific Time, 6 PM Eastern Time.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Kind of looking forward to Uncharted 4 just to see where the story goes but ya

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Yusssssss

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Yeah dude I just said that

Here it is, one more time, big pretty picture that's in the OP:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Ultigonio posted:

Yeah dude I just said that

Here it is, one more time, big pretty picture that's in the OP:

Please don't make posts like this. Lots of people don't religiously read OPs for a thread. And as far as you already posting it in an edited post a page ago, sorry poo poo happens and people miss it.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
I'm not really sure what I did wrong, but I won't argue about my tone.

edit: I guess I mighta' come off as passive-aggressive/otherwise irritated, looking at it. Sorry about that.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 3, 2014

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.
I'm not sure where to post this, but goddamn am I pumped about the Wii U. As I posted earlier I ordered one today, but mainly because my fiancé really wants to play Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Brothers. I really had no interest and was looking forward to buying a PS4 soon. I guess I bought into (what I had thought was) the conventional wisdom that the Wii U was essentially an also-ran console, lagging way behind in quality games. I probably should have researched it before I pulled the trigger, but the games coming out for it are mind bogglingly good. Splatoon, Affordable Space Adventure, Captain Toad, Mario Maker, these all look absolutely fantastic. Am I just that far removed from gaming that I had never heard of any of these, or is that just because most of the gaming focus is on Sony and Microsoft? Also I'm super pumped for Super Smash Brothers as I haven't played any of the sequels since the N64.
TL/DR:
:woop:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Ultigonio posted:

edit: I guess I mighta' come off as passive-aggressive/otherwise irritated, looking at it. Sorry about that.

Nah it's cool. I didn't see the OP edit myself so my bad there.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Nah it's cool. I didn't see the OP edit myself so my bad there.
I don't blame you at all. I should probably start using more :siren:s when I wanna' make sure people notice really important stuff like that. :v:
I doubt anyone woulda' caught it without the emboldened text, and I appreciate it, since it gave me something to bounce off of for posting the big image (to hopefully ensure that people don't miss it (though I probably coulda' saved that for the next page)).

No Egrets posted:

Am I just that far removed from gaming that I had never heard of any of these, or is that just because most of the gaming focus is on Sony and Microsoft?
It depends on where you go for gaming news, but yeah, it wouldn't be too tough to miss the games that Nintendo announced for E3 if you don't already own a Wii U or 3DS. I listen to Spotify a whole bunch, and one of the ads on there is for GameFly, who will advertise that, if you're getting an Xbone or PS4 this holiday season, they've got those games, too (but they don't really mention the Wii U). It was only somewhat recently that I noticed they actually include a picture of the Wii U (somewhat inconspicuously behind Super Mario 3D World) in the banner, which I'm pretty sure wasn't there the first time I heard the ad.

From a more general perspective, neither the Wii U nor its games catch a lot of press, to the point where people haven't even heard of the thing (and so on and so forth). We might see that change in the near future, but for now, it's "ARE YOU A SONY GAMER OR AN XBOX GAMER?? CHOOSE YOUR SIDE IN THE CONSOLE WAR!!" etc.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Ultigonio posted:

Affordable Space Adventures - October

Wait a second, what? But... the PR announcement just said that it was pushed back to 2015.

Nintendo posts inaccurate schedules all the time, that's why I don't post 'em anymore.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nintendo posts inaccurate schedules all the time, that's why I don't post 'em anymore.

Huh. Could you point me to some other example of that happening (preferably a game being pushed drastically forward than back, since it happens a lot that games are pushed far back)?

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

No Egrets posted:

I'm not sure where to post this, but goddamn am I pumped about the Wii U. As I posted earlier I ordered one today, but mainly because my fiancé really wants to play Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Brothers. I really had no interest and was looking forward to buying a PS4 soon. I guess I bought into (what I had thought was) the conventional wisdom that the Wii U was essentially an also-ran console, lagging way behind in quality games. I probably should have researched it before I pulled the trigger, but the games coming out for it are mind bogglingly good. Splatoon, Affordable Space Adventure, Captain Toad, Mario Maker, these all look absolutely fantastic. Am I just that far removed from gaming that I had never heard of any of these, or is that just because most of the gaming focus is on Sony and Microsoft? Also I'm super pumped for Super Smash Brothers as I haven't played any of the sequels since the N64.
TL/DR:
:woop:

Hope you and your fiance enjoy it! Definitely get Super Mario 3D World, it's a great Mario game to play with friends. Also, SM3DW will give you a preview of Captain Toad, since it includes some Captain Toad levels. New Super Mario Bros. U (and Luigi U) are both great too, but we're not responsible for any arguments about who jumped in who's way and made you both fall into a pit. That game causes fights, and probably murders.

Agree with you about the Wii U not getting a lot of press. I imagine it's because there's not as much money involved. Eh, most popular "gaming journalism" is so much of a sham they don't even bother to hide it.

There's been so much added to Super Smash Bros. since the N64, although the original is still a classic. Have you seen all the character intros?

Ah, dammit. Now this is getting me all excited about these games that aren't out yet. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Ultigonio posted:

Huh. Could you point me to some other example of that happening (preferably a game being pushed drastically forward than back, since it happens a lot that games are pushed far back)?

I can tell you tat Stealth Inc 2 (scheduled for October) isn't anywhere on that list at all, rear end a quick example.

They're usually okay about their own games, aside from the ones they omit to list at all that just show up out of nowhere, but for third-party stuff they'll just make up release windows if they can't get a confirmation at short notice, I've heard this from a bunch of indie devs especially.

• Locked thread