Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Forums Barber posted:

Yeah, that'd be great, which is why we don't need a clique of a dozen San Francisco hipsters controlling all the media coverage in favor of churned-out low effort poo poo they made themselves. If games are good, then people will probably buy them.

True. We rarely hear of games made outside Anglosphere and Japan as it is, but when it comes to artsy indie games it's almost exclusively America we hear about. Almost as if all those lefty hipsters can't actually understand any story created in a different cultural environment that is not specifically crafted with them in mind or dumbed down and neutered in localisation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I wanted to play an obese viking in Skyrim but that's not possible even with mods.

:smith:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

big duck equals goose posted:

Bludge slider? gently caress that, I want a penis girth slide bar, length scale, tip radius customizer increaser and a movable chart on ball sag.

Here you go.
:nws: for penis.
http://en.inkei.net/d/

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Paladinus posted:

Here you go.
:nws: for penis.
http://en.inkei.net/d/

I went to art school and Zoe's game making classes and here is my erotic art for my next indie game

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.

:allears:

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

Paladinus posted:

True. We rarely hear of games made outside Anglosphere and Japan as it is, but when it comes to artsy indie games it's almost exclusively America we hear about. Almost as if all those lefty hipsters can't actually understand any story created in a different cultural environment that is not specifically crafted with them in mind or dumbed down and neutered in localisation.

Yume Nikki was alright

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

Well you see i was being ironic.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

poptart_fairy posted:

wolfenstein: the new order was weirdly progressive for a game about stabbing nazis. i mean, gently caress, it had minorities, lesbians, gays, tackled racial tension and even involved the main character - a big burly white guy - being the nazi's ideal physical specimen deliberately invoked

then you blew up a giant robot doggy

wolfenstein is ace

this whole shitshow is literally over making childrens toys have slightly better stories attached to them

i'm all for it

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

ColdReaches posted:

I have never met a black person that hates anime.
because we loving love anime.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Goku is a black man at heart. He loves to eat, fight, has a really loud wife, wears big colorful pants and doesn't have a father in his life.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Well, that's what I was talking about. If only developers were brave enough to sign an open letter addressing antisemitism...

Bifner McDoogle posted:

Yume Nikki was alright
Not really.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

AkumaHokoru posted:

because we loving love anime.

I told you, people think i'm crazy but if you ask a thug crip man with 3 guns strapped to his chest, he tells me about anime.

i'ts loving weird

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
are people really that shocked that black guys are super nerdy

did they never listen to wu-tang clan

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

They never revealed the secret

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Neurolimal posted:

I asked Talib his thoughts on gamergate but he hasn't replied yet... :(

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.

Neurolimal posted:

All I know about them is that they ain't nothin' to gently caress with.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

Faggots that care about pointless bullshit.

posted unironically in a thread like a billion pages long about some sort genderwar in the bad videogame community

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

its not my job to educate you on the 36 chambers

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Cardboard Box A posted:

You sure you're talking about the last gamers.txt thread where mods made fun of everyone trying to report a post rather than the previous threads where you would get probated if your post didn't have any gamers.txt in it?

That thread actually got remade? I assumed it was just the same perpetually growing pile of poo poo forever. I'd revisit every few months, and it would still be garbage.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

SIMS 4 is the sims 1 and thats fine. According to games.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

ColdReaches posted:

SIMS 4 is the sims 1 and thats fine. According to games.

"i'll just wait for the dlc's to flesh it out"

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
The discourse has moved beyond Zoe Quinn but someone please solve a :psyduck: for me

Please tell me why Zoe was on a panel at PAX? I fail to see what she has done/created/been involved with that is of any value. Even Phil Fish made a interesting and unique game. I teach CS at uni and have had first year students create better works for their first year/first semester programming assignment than anything she's done - one guy who had never touched a computer before (and who still doesn't own one) was able to learn programming from scratch and 12 weeks later created several levels of a fun to play mario clone with excellent graphics, particle effects, animations, and sound/etc using only an incredibly rudimentary graphics api made for teaching. This was a 6 week assignment while handling 3 other subjects aswell.

What has she done exactly that warrants people giving money to her patreon to get her to make more (ignoring the influx of SJW spite money)?

If she has anything worthwhile to contribute to a discussion beyond 'how to be a parasite in the indie dev scene and live off self-promotion' I'll be really surprised.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Sims 4 Patch Fixes Hibernating Babies, Grim Reaper Dating

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sims-4-patch-fixes-hibernating-babies-grim-reaper-/1100-6422046/

5/5, would play again

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Even The Sims 1 had pools, 4 doesn't.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Jombo posted:

The discourse has moved beyond Zoe Quinn but someone please solve a :psyduck: for me

Please tell me why Zoe was on a panel at PAX? I fail to see what she has done/created/been involved with that is of any value. Even Phil Fish made a interesting and unique game. I teach CS at uni and have had first year students create better works for their first year/first semester programming assignment than anything she's done - one guy who had never touched a computer before (and who still doesn't own one) was able to learn programming from scratch and 12 weeks later created several levels of a fun to play mario clone with excellent graphics, particle effects, animations, and sound/etc using only an incredibly rudimentary graphics api made for teaching. This was a 6 week assignment while handling 3 other subjects aswell.

What has she done exactly that warrants people giving money to her patreon to get her to make more (ignoring the influx of SJW spite money)?

If she has anything worthwhile to contribute to a discussion beyond 'how to be a parasite in the indie dev scene and live off self-promotion' I'll be really surprised.

Some girl had sed with several "game journalists" and it the guys fault. Hope that helps

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

you know i never learnt to snap my fingers

i wonder if it's worth taking the time to learn

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Minorkos posted:

you know i never learnt to snap my fingers

i wonder if it's worth taking the time to learn

Throwing playing cards into a hat is a better skill, after that farming snails

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Jombo posted:

Please tell me why Zoe was on a panel at PAX?

The PA guys are trying really hard to play nice with the hysterical tumblr squad.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Play4Real is once again the only good games blog

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Being a girl in gamng and having sex with all these people for money makes you a feminist, and a toxic brew is made.

It's called slut ale, drinking it, makes you immune to being a slut, but at the cost of your credibility, you need a whip and pine cones to alchemy this brew.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

Clitch posted:

The PA guys are trying really hard to play nice with the hysterical tumblr squad.

AAaaah - I didn't realise she was only scheduled after this whole debacle.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Is this real? Amaya sounds like a top lad to me.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Total Biscuit has such a pretty singing voice :allears:

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/506866455506587648

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
Best part of the whole story is this bunch of SJWs who in their minds are fighting the brave fight against sexism and the patriarchy managed to create a level of monopoly based around nepotism and crony-ism that any old-boys network could only dream of achieving.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Is this real? Amaya sounds like a top lad to me.

Play4Real holds itself to the same standards of truth and journalistic integrity as Kotaku, Polygon, and The Escapist.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Jombo posted:

Best part of the whole story is this bunch of SJWs who in their minds are fighting the brave fight against sexism and the patriarchy managed to create a level of monopoly based around nepotism and crony-ism that any old-boys network could only dream of achieving.

I notice most of these SJW's are almost all white and mostly male too.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Jombo posted:

Please tell me why Zoe was on a panel at PAX?

Anyone can can pitch a panel to PAX, and the barrier to entry is low. If you have some angle on video games or nerd culture, you can probably stand a good chance of getting at least a smaller panel room at a low traffic time. If your application can show you have some press/reviews of your work, I'd venture that's even better, so of course Zoe Quinn got a panel. She would've gotten one even without all this drama, because she'd already presented a similar panel at PAX East.

Source on ease of panel access: Even I was a panelist at PAX a few years ago on the Nerdcore music panel (I know, I am the worst.) It wasn't in a particularly big room, and that room was only about half-full in spite of having the actual musical guests from that year's PAX as panelists as well, but I got a free badge out of it. Good times.

Ultraklystron fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 3, 2014

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Jombo posted:

nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Jombo posted:

this is a p clever parody of the crazy people itt spurtin' loads over hobbyist journalists

• Locked thread