Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

John Luebke posted:

REmake HD trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjxFtFwY6jk

Looks fine to me, but the framerate seems a bit iffy. Could just be the video though.

I know I should pretty much always avoid reading YouTube comments, but jesus, people are actually pissed this is happening. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

It's not just a YT comment thing either, people are complaining about it on a lot of RE boards. I guess people haven't been a big fan of Capcom's HD ports in the past and view this as just a lazy cash grab. It boggles my mind people are complaining about FPS when this is a frickin' survival horror game from the GameCube days, not some HD first-person shooter or whatever. Will 30FPS really loving matter?

My only complaint is that they aren't releasing REZero with it. Say what you want about the game but it makes sense! They did RE4 and CVX HD togethr and same for the two Chronicles games. In fact, the two Chronicles games are a perfect example of how idiotic it is they didn't pair RE0 and REmake together. The Chronicles games were Wii exclusive so put them on PS3 together. RE0 and REmake were GCN exclusive so put them on PS3 together too. Goddammit Capcom.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I wonder if they had to renegotiate a contract with Julia Voth. She seemed to want to take a really big step back from being "Jill Valentine's face" a few years ago, but the HD REmake is still using Voth's likeness.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Is that why Jill looks like a completely different person RE5 and on? I always preferred the old Jill. Chris has the same problem where they never seem to settle on one design for him.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

She's still distinctly Julia Voth in RE5, but the blonde hair, lighter skin, and spending a lot of her screen time growling makes her look different. The new Jill face model debuts in ORC.

They've stayed consistent with Chris since RE5, but yeah, it's difficult to reconcile 25-year-old Chris in RE with 35-year-old Grizzle McHardbody in RE5.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

NikkolasKing posted:

It's not just a YT comment thing either, people are complaining about it on a lot of RE boards. I guess people haven't been a big fan of Capcom's HD ports in the past and view this as just a lazy cash grab. It boggles my mind people are complaining about FPS when this is a frickin' survival horror game from the GameCube days, not some HD first-person shooter or whatever. Will 30FPS really loving matter?
Mmm. Partially stuttered animations on a big name franchise on the PC. A constant reminder of gamers using the wrong system.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Okay, so two of the protagonists are Claire and Barry. The dude who leaked the original details awhile back confirmed it. Plus this:

Military boots + old guy at a gala.

Who's the last one (confirmed to be female?), I wonder? A non-playable character who has appeared recently.

My guess is Manuela from Darkside Chronicles because I literally can't think of anyone else.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
Yay I want another game with Barry. Though I'm not a fan with the direction the games have gone after RE4. Not so interesting and Revelation's plot was pretty dumb.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

NikkolasKing posted:

Will 30FPS really loving matter?

Well, it's not a huge deal but it's pretty disappointing they can't manage a proper framerate on a game this old.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
If Barry is seriously loving in this game my life will be complete.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

John Luebke posted:

REmake HD trailer

Looks fine to me, but the framerate seems a bit iffy. Could just be the video though.

If you used current Chris I am pretty sure the game would end in like 10 minutes as he would just beat the poo poo out the dogs.

The games have come a long way. A much worse way but whatevs.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I love Resident Evil, I am excited for Claire & Barry's Excellent Adventure.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

If you used current Chris I am pretty sure the game would end in like 10 minutes as he would just beat the poo poo out the dogs.

edit:

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 1, 2014

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I know about the Ubistvo thing. It was the first thing I did when I played, it's just that most people will shoot at it before hearing the indication you can do something.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Fereydun posted:

Who's the last one (confirmed to be female?), I wonder? A non-playable character who has appeared recently.

Hunnigan?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

John Luebke posted:

REmake HD trailer

Maybe it's because I used Dolphin on my computer, but having gone through REmake recently I have to say I can't tell a difference between the trailer and the game I just played.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

One thing I noticed about the Revelations 2 trailer is that there's a woman with hair obscuring her face almost completely like Rachael's does, in the background to the left of the guy with the TerraSave shirt. I swear if she's still stalking the player in the second game... :argh:

Geight fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 2, 2014

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I have it on good authority that in the HD remake of REmake if you're playing as Chris during the boulder part you have a split second to turn around and hit the right button to counter-attack the boulder and beat it at its own game. Afterwards, you can go on to have a fist fight with Wesker while fighting Lisa Trevor.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Lunethex posted:

counter-attack the boulder and beat it at its own game.

Rolling?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Geight posted:

One thing I noticed about the Revelations 2 trailer is that there's a woman with hair obscuring her face almost completely like Rachael's does, in the background to the left of the guy with the TerraSave shirt. I swear if she's still stalking the player in the second game... :argh:

Remember that period in the 90's when Friends was the biggest show on TV and the big fad for women was to have your hair cut like Jennifer Aniston's? In the RE universe, it's the same deal, different Racheal.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Crowetron posted:

Remember that period in the 90's when Friends was the biggest show on TV and the big fad for women was to have your hair cut like Jennifer Aniston's? In the RE universe, it's the same deal, different Racheal.

I can get behind this. Has anyone else found anything of note in the trailers other than combat boots guy who may or may not be Barry(??) and maybe-Rachael? The TerraSave one is obvious, I'm looking for the subtler things, even if they're just references.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chris rolls forward and the boulder bounces up when it hits his back and he uppercuts it through the ceiling. See that boulder in RE1 is actually the one in RE5, it grew old and he finally beat it up when he had to fight Wesker at the volcano. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :v:

Also speaking of rolling I remembered this video.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Lunethex posted:

I have it on good authority that in the HD remake of REmake if you're playing as Chris during the boulder part you have a split second to turn around and hit the right button to counter-attack the boulder and beat it at its own game. Afterwards, you can go on to have a fist fight with Wesker while fighting Lisa Trevor.

If they remake RE2, you will have an option to go with the traditional ending of Leon B by blowing up the Tyrant with a Rocket Launcher or you can be a pro and defeat it with a roundhouse kick.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

If they remake RE2, you will have an option to go with the traditional ending of Leon B by blowing up the Tyrant with a Rocket Launcher or you can be a pro and defeat it with a roundhouse kick.

Every line of Leon's dialog should be updated as well to just have him shaking his head slowly and saying "Huh. Women..."

Seriously, outside of that one guy he talks to that is locked up in the cell in the police station, it would totally work.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

weeeeeell he does say that the one time in Darkside Chronicles. Although that was in response to Claire acting jealous so I guess it's not the same

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

Momomo posted:

Is that why Jill looks like a completely different person RE5 and on? I always preferred the old Jill. Chris has the same problem where they never seem to settle on one design for him.

Chris is David Boreanaz/Angel. Been waiting for Buffy or Lesbian Willow to make a guest appearance on the series too.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I'd rather see Faith myself.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Give me your Mercenaries: No Mercy tips. And don't just say "melee everything", cause you run out of gauge and start fatbreathing.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Anonymous Robot posted:

Give me your Mercenaries: No Mercy tips. And don't just say "melee everything", cause you run out of gauge and start fatbreathing.

Lay down on the ground or take cover without moving. Or take an herb. Super fast and instant stamina recovery respectively.

That is, if you're not counter-attacking everyone and timing coup-de-graces.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah the loading screen mentions that standing still increases combat gauge recharge, but it neglects to mention that laying down gives everyone Jake-levels of regen.

Also No Mercy enemies are squisher than the regular ones, so don't underestimate how much damage you can do with your actual guns!

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Geight posted:

Also No Mercy enemies are squisher than the regular ones, so don't underestimate how much damage you can do with your actual guns!

They also do way less damage, so taking stray hits isn't as bad as losing control of the situation. Meaning don't be afraid to just use pills to restore your stamina if you're in a pinch.

It's important to continually move and identify the largest threats (usually enemies that will force you into QTE situations, which is why zombie maps are generally harder than J'avo maps in No Mercy- exception to this is sniper, rocket and magnum enemies)

Explosives are really, really your friend as is sliding.

Don't use the non-contextual melee, use the head/arm stun melee to crowd control and be invincible as gently caress while doing so (if you're playing good characters)

edit:
basically just pick jake and mash on m1+m2 for maximum wesker fist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfZe_UnkJXg&t=131s

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 3, 2014

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Resident Evil Trivia #2009 - Donning a pair of Sunglasses will protect you from the blinding and deafening effect of flashbang/stun grenades.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Sep 3, 2014

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

The sunglasses obviously feature retractable earplugs! :coolfish:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Two new concept images appeared for Revelaitons 2.

Another view of the prison.

A view of a stormy island.

I don't intend to demean the game but that island reminds me of the one the ship in RE: Dead Aim crashed into :shobon:

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Fereydun posted:

My guess is Manuela from Darkside Chronicles because I literally can't think of anyone else.

I hope it's Josh (assuming Mercenaries/Desperate Escape doesn't count as 'playable'...). Barry and Josh suplexing for our freedom.

Actually, I'm going to go with a full-on retarded guess and say... Joseph Frost. Ever since the plots have been getting more ridiculous, I've thought this was a possibility. You kinda see him die on-screen, but that didn't stop Wesker now, did it?

Barry: But I saw you ripped apart by zombie dogs! What is this?

Joseph: What the gently caress ever, Barry. Also, the resulting T-Virus infection gave me mental control over my do-rag. (parkours up a wall, wildly firing machine guns)

E: Unless it's been confirmed the third char is female. In that case, disappointing answer: Jessica. Comedy answer: little girl from RE: Gun Survivor.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 4, 2014

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its obviously Barry and Lucia from Resident Evil: Gaiden. Oh man, maybe the shapeshifter BOW that just wanted to be Leon can show up and I can play as Leon and Leon for co-op mode.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
I've been waiting for about 18 years for Barry to make his return to the series as a protagonist not involved in REmake or what else...gaiden?
I remember playing CV after his RE3 cameo hoping he would show up, but nothing. That's not to say that the Chris vs Wesker story wasn't great and over the top...but Barry. Where's Barry?!

Aside from that, I was thinking that since RE is bat poo poo insane anyways, and I never mind seeing antagonists coming back (climb out of that volcano Wesker!), Rev 2 also including Claire...and looks like it might involve the ocean again, and well...I'm predicting that the tyrant from CV that was launched out of the plane makes a dramatic return after years of wandering the sea floor...waiting for this perfect moment to settle things with Claire :v:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I like how your avatar makes this post that little extra sarcastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.