Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

DrSnakeLaser posted:

Similarly, she freaked out when Jack smashed the security droid in the power station so unless the robot's are seriously endangering her friends I doubt she'd use lethal force.

It's obvious from past experience that Zimmy's not happy with her weird warped world. I would say attempting to force her to do something with it, not to mention just the ugly indignity of using her as a tool with no care for her value as a person, would justify at least a high level of force. But probably start by trying to reason with these idiotic robots. Maybe they just don't understand what they're trying to do, but there's a pretty huge creepy undertone to all of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
Love makes you act in strange ways.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

I could swear that Zimmy has been referred to as "Zeta" before at some point (or maybe Tom mentioned it somewhere?). Anyone remember if it was on a previous page earlier in the comic?

It was in the "comments" to the City Face interludes.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

lovely Wizard posted:

Actually, how effective would lasers be on Annie in Fire mode?

Also I like how they duct taped the helmets on.

Because of this gif, now I'm just imagining them firing Cheetos at Carver.

Maybe because of an offhand comment she had where she said she didn't really like them.

Hremsfeld posted:

Simple: :cthulhu:

I wonder what the ship's sprinkler system's going to do, or more accurately if it'd matter besides "oh and now the sprinklers are on."
Huh. Well remember how the court can release Etheric energy and it causes it to rain? Maybe they can pipe Etheric energy through the sprinkler system? Either the robots actually having an emergency countermeasure or Carver and crew figure it out to stop the madness.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

amishjosh posted:

we could get some variety of this with zimmy instead of ysengrin.

she seems to have reasonable control over fire, she could kill their mobility by melting their legs/arms and it'll be hard to for them to laser anyone with their eyes fused shut. kat'll just put them all in robomice bodies like she did with robot and thing's will be more or less back to normal

Reading some more of that I find this page a little later, specifically the last two frames, to be foreshadowy as gently caress. Might be a bit though, still not sure how they'll resolve the current matter as it seems to keep getting worse, albeit somewhat hilarious while getting worse.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Brightman posted:

Reading some more of that I find this page a little later, specifically the last two frames, to be foreshadowy as gently caress. Might be a bit though, still not sure how they'll resolve the current matter as it seems to keep getting worse, albeit somewhat hilarious while getting worse.

all this is leading up to a remake of a couple pages after that

holy poo poo that thousand yard stare

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
The court does not negotiate with rogue type greens. It seems obvious to me that nuclear missiles are minutes away from annihilating the ship and the surrounding compromised reality, neatly ending the chapter. Bravo Tom, Bravo!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Well, this is certainly a bad turn of events.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You okay there, Carver?

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

Looks like she has an off switch too.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They may have stopped her ability to use fire, but can they stop her using the power of breakdancing?

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
Straight up sailor mars'd.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I can't shake the feeling Winsbury's about to do.. something.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I dunno, that looks more like character progress to me. Winsbury: Used to be a bit of a tool, now cares enough to make sure Annie's OK.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

No, he's gonna pull off his mask to reveal that he was a laser cow all along or something. I can feel it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Time to move on to fighting-type!

Now I'm mentally classifying everyone in Gunnerkrigg to pokemon types. But you may need more badges to deal with Zimmy, guys, no matter how cool psychic/dark seems.

(Robot was such a weird evo chain. Metal->Metal/Plant->Metal? WHY. And he was way overlevelled when he was traded back in his middle-evolution, Annie had to beat the robotic Metal gym before she could control him)

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 3, 2014

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Cabbit posted:

I can't shake the feeling Winsbury's about to do.. something.
I don't think beating Janet's tricked out horse in a race for real this time is going to help.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Robot used disable! It's super effective!

They came surprisingly well prepared.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
Huh, Vegeta's not such a bad guy.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
It's too bad most people don't know Zimmy's deal. If they did, everyone would be picking up chairs and bashing every robotic thing they could find. You might get eye laserd, but better that than Zimmy-town.

Oh well. We all know this ends with Zimmy jumping into an enormous pillar of light, thus combining all organic and synthetic DNA in the court.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Gotta say, I love panel 2 Kat.
Also yeah Winsbury is about to do something I guess.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Thanks for the hand Vegeta.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I like that the rest of the students are involved, makes thing seems serious even with hardhats.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
It'd be funny if on Friday, Annie juste rips out the paper from her arm and resume with the slaughter.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Smitty needs to get there stat with a pardon from the school principle.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Iceclaw posted:

It'd be funny if on Friday, Annie juste rips out the paper from her arm and resume with the slaughter.

That's exactly what I was thinking. That or Winsbury does it (if it's made so Annie can't remove it).

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Iceclaw posted:

The paper resembles asian sealing tags that they used to stick up around the place to contain evil spirits. They were also sometimes applied to those hopping zombies to stop them from moving, but those guys were so stiff from rigor mortis that they couldn't really do much to take it off, unlike Annie.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Winsbury, take this sticker off my arm please.

Yeah sure no problem.

*Next panel, whole ship is on fire.*

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
if that's a technique that works generally, they should just print off sheaves of the thing and then tip them over into the river

too bad jeanne

your murderghost-type-abilities have been temporarily suspended

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

ronya posted:

if that's a technique that works generally, they should just print off sheaves of the thing and then tip them over into the river

too bad jeanne

your murderghost-type-abilities have been temporarily suspended

yeah, but it's hard to put a sticker on a ghost

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir
I'm sorry, but this is kind of a weak plot device.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.

UndyingShadow posted:

I'm sorry, but this is kind of a weak plot device.

methinks it's a setup for the earlier plot setup

to be fired (heh) off. boom, another fire elemental. boom, court magic to the face.

right now it's a bit out of left field but you're clearly not supposed to think of the robots as big threats anyway

ronya fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 3, 2014

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
also it's probably important to show that the court has unpleasant ways of controlling Antimony-the-fire-elemental as opposed to Annie the student

it's completely reasonable for the court to have apparently simple countermeasures and also completely reasonable for Annie to feel rather betrayed that it does

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

ronya posted:

the court

I agree with the substance of your post (oh no my god-powers!), but The Court and The Robot Flesh Cult are fairly different at this point, right?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The way it showed up is kind of meh but we already know the court has ways of controlling etheric stuff. Like the things they use to bind renard a few times.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The Court has entire systems and backup systems dedicated to keeping Renard restrained. Of course they have other contingency plans for other situations, and of course the robots know about them because they go everywhere on the Court grounds. When they decide to stop being restrained, that's a lot of collective knowledge to use.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
that thing seems vaguely similar to the binding that jack used on renard back during his escapades at the power station, and once the binding got destroyed renard was more or less back in business. so we just need a kid with a lighter or some scissors or something to take care of it and annie will be good to go.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

amishjosh posted:

that thing seems vaguely similar to the binding that jack used on renard back during his escapades at the power station, and once the binding got destroyed renard was more or less back in business. so we just need a kid with a lighter or some scissors or something to take care of it and annie will be good to go.

Jack's binding was a link back to Anja's binding 'program' on her etheric-based computer, was it not?

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

JT Jag posted:

The Court has entire systems and backup systems dedicated to keeping Renard restrained. Of course they have other contingency plans for other situations, and of course the robots know about them because they go everywhere on the Court grounds. When they decide to stop being restrained, that's a lot of collective knowledge to use.

Also, since being powered off is akin to temporarily dying for robots, I'd imagine the Seraphs would try to figure out how to counter someone who did exactly that, hence the hardhats. Even if they do remain perplexed as to how they figured out their secret base was actually in the building labeled "not a secret base"...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Finally, it's up to the prince of all saiyans.