Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Not sure reinstalling is a good idea, but an invite to Pattonesque wouldn't be amiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Decided against picking up a DWF because I could not handle being any slower. I got out of this when 2xLL+3xSRM6 was a pro Atlas build, any updates? Also in the market for a good Marmoset build if anyone has one.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

Not sure reinstalling is a good idea, but an invite to Pattonesque wouldn't be amiss

Invite sent. Go accept and shoot robots with us.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Remora posted:

Decided against picking up a DWF because I could not handle being any slower. I got out of this when 2xLL+3xSRM6 was a pro Atlas build, any updates? Also in the market for a good Marmoset build if anyone has one.

I agree that XL300 is pretty slow. However with Speed Tweak it should be slightly better. But the real perk of Dire Wolf is that you can fit virtually anything into that thing without weight constraint.

Current engagement is that people start shooting at long range with PPC, LRM or ERLL, then close in when enemy mechs start dying for quick high alpha salvo. Since damage is extremely high thanks to clan mechs everyone just aims at CT. Assuming you're talking about D-DC, 2 LL is probably changed to 2 ERLL and you'll also need AC/20 for pinpoint damage but it's still a good mech that doesn't lack firepower much and provides ECM. Just don't go out brawling like before because you will die in 10~15 seconds. A Timber Wolf with 4 SRM6 and 4 ERML will shred you in 15~20 seconds alone.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

I played robots today for pretty much the first time in a year. It is pretty much still the same game with the addition of clan poo poo and different coloured lasers. I did have fun blowing up robots though.

I had the most fun blowing up Sean Lang of NGNG while he was streaming http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv/b/564549351 at ~50 mins in.

It really is mind blowing how little progress they have made other than making GBS threads out new mechs.

Srms do seem like they work now which is nice.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Remora posted:

Dire Whales have a speed penalty, so speed tweak brings you back to normal 300XL speeds.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

mashed_penguin posted:

I played robots today for pretty much the first time in a year. It is pretty much still the same game with the addition of clan poo poo and different coloured lasers. I did have fun blowing up robots though.

I had the most fun blowing up Sean Lang of NGNG while he was streaming http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv/b/564549351 at ~50 mins in.

It really is mind blowing how little progress they have made other than making GBS threads out new mechs.

Well if you're blowing up paid shills, I guess it's not a bad thing. Good job :toot:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

mashed_penguin posted:

His face expression when you Squawked was priceless. :v: Also shooting your legs instead of CT when it's 2v1. Hilarious.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

You insane, wonderful bastard. Also, shoot robots with us.

daert1
Nov 11, 2012

I have seen things that you people cannot imagine,
Thunt crying on an unposted blog,
An otter drawn by a madman,
A she-beast screeching on the moon in June,
All lost, like GeoCities in rain
time to die
:suicide:

axelsoar posted:

You insane, wonderful bastard. Also, shoot robots with us.

Can someone send me an invite then?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

daert1 posted:

Can someone send me an invite then?

In game name?

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
the Stormcrow C variant has a ballistic slot SCR-C I made this in a couple of minutes, I guess I could trade a heatsink for ammo?

daert1
Nov 11, 2012

I have seen things that you people cannot imagine,
Thunt crying on an unposted blog,
An otter drawn by a madman,
A she-beast screeching on the moon in June,
All lost, like GeoCities in rain
time to die
:suicide:

TeeMerk posted:

In game name?

Daert

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Ahahaha, the cUAC-5 gets a heat penalty if you fire more than three, so you will probably explode if you double tap that thing.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fil5000 posted:

Ahahaha, the cUAC-5 gets a heat penalty if you fire more than three, so you will probably explode if you double tap that thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmzlJasuxvI

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hoboskins posted:

the Stormcrow C variant has a ballistic slot SCR-C I made this in a couple of minutes, I guess I could trade a heatsink for ammo?

A friend made one of these but with an LBX... 20? 15? It is the terminator at the end of a match, i saw him get like four kills in a single minute.

e: i think he might have had some armour though? not sure

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Sep 3, 2014

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Invite sent.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Fil5000 posted:

Double tap half of them, once two third of them jam switch to double tapping the other group? It'd be like a dakkaphract with less downtime. Maybe.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.
Official theme song of multiple ballistic weapon spamming
http://youtu.be/3cnQCk0u49w

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Now that the clans are actually out, not sure if my name will set people off anymore.

Will like an invite - Aleksandra Kerensky.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Mindblast posted:

Double tap half of them, once two third of them jam switch to double tapping the other group? It'd be like a dakkaphract with less downtime. Maybe.

But you'll be attracting ghost heat if you double tap three of them. It just counts the number of times you fire weapons of a certain type within a half second window, so double taps count as firing a whole other set.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

But you'll be attracting ghost heat if you double tap three of them. It just counts the number of times you fire weapons of a certain type within a half second window, so double taps count as firing a whole other set.

Maybe it's the upped jam rate, but heat has never been an issue on the 3x UAC builds for the Ilya or Jaeger and I run those constantly. :iiam:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be ghost heat on IS UACs, just on the clan ones.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

OptimusWang posted:

upped jam rate

More of a jelly man myself.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Remora posted:

Gauss Muromets

Murdermets

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Fil5000 posted:

:psyduck: what

What's the stat difference between the IS and clan edition that warrants this?

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Mindblast posted:

:psyduck: what

What's the stat difference between the IS and clan edition that warrants this?

Assuming PGI is continuing to use TT values as the baseline, the CUAC/5 should be two tons lighter and two slots smaller than its IS counterpart. And also a couple hexes more in its range brackets. Probably worried about "pinpoint deeps per tonne" or something.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 3, 2014

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Oh my god this thread is back. Someone update me on the CLAN $500 mechs.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

KyloWinter posted:

Game is still run by incompetents. Clan mechs are being dribbled out. Ryoken looks baller as hell and isn't out yet. Never not shoot golds.

E: while looking for pictures of the Royken, I found a thread on the brown sea whining about how making spacefurry mechs square "eliminates their appeal" while ignoring that the art for the first-line omnimechs was always squareish.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Sep 3, 2014

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is a fun Ilya build for the guy looking for Ilya builds:

Shotgun Brawler Ilya

You generally don't want to hammer the AC/5s non-stop and instead fire them combo'ed with the AC/20, for what amounts to an AC/30. The mediums are mostly in there as a spam weapon against lights. I've had a ton of success with it in terms of raw kill-power.

Easiest way to run it is to group the arm AC/5s on one trigger, the AC/20 + Medlas on another, and then just the medlas alone on a 3rd in case you're taking pot shots and don't want to waste the limited ammo.

Also fun: Drop the 2x Medlas and upgrade the AC/5s to UAC/5s. That one is only really good in small games though.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 3, 2014

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Fil5000 posted:

It's a gun that does one heat per shot. Firing them all at once is not at all scary, even with ghost heat bs kicking in.

Wales Grey posted:

Game is still run by incompetents. Clan mechs are being dribbled out. Ryoken looks baller as hell and isn't out yet. Never not shoot golds.

E: while looking for pictures of the Royken, I found a thread on the brown sea whining about how making spacefurry mechs square "eliminates their appeal" while ignoring that the art for the first-line omnimechs was always squareish.

Complaining about the look of the clan mechs is a mystery to me, unless you just don't like the aesthetic of the TT versions. poo poo's faithful, yo.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 3, 2014

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Weissritter posted:

Now that the clans are actually out, not sure if my name will set people off anymore.

Will like an invite - Aleksandra Kerensky.

You're invite's out. Enjoy your squawking.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

KyloWinter posted:

Just a note, but player Hann Solo can often be seen in a gold mech. I'll update as I see more people who own these atrocities.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I liked to run around really fast as a jenner pre-emc. Is that still good?

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Can somebody post a screenshot of a gold mech? I may have shot a few regular orange mechs by mistake.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If goons are able to regularly team shoot $500 gold mechs I'll forgive you all for coming back to this piece of poo poo.

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010

KyloWinter posted:

I had fun in a laser Jenner last night. Lights don't seem too popular right now but if you can stay alive you can be pretty useful scouting/harassing. Hadn't played in 47 patches but it's basically the same game it was, but with blue missiles and (more) colorful lasers.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Blazing Ownager posted:

This is a fun Ilya build for the guy looking for Ilya builds:

Shotgun Brawler Ilya

Explosive ammo in the center and side torsos? What a good idea :frogout:

ILYA MUROMETS

Ammo moved and armour tuned. The low ammo isn't a problem, because you are a heavy that is slower than most assaults, so you'll die before running out.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

KyloWinter posted:

Yes however lrm Jenners are comedy options only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

If goons are able to regularly team shoot $500 gold mechs I'll forgive you all for coming back to this piece of poo poo.

If the mech is orange/white and has some green lines on it, there's a chance they got it as part of the clan "founder" packs.

• Locked thread