Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

Extra posted:

Half the fun of morrowind is finding creative ways to pawn your sacks full of loot to the poor rear end vendors though :colbert:
If you're not traveling while hosed out of your mind on dozens of Fortify Speed potions that you made while your Intelligence was 3000+, you're not doing it right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
make 100's of potions
player->coc Caldera
player->setstrength 500
player->setspeed 500
tcl

ain't got no time to be casually strolling to Creeper

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

armoredgorilla posted:

make 100's of potions
player->coc Caldera
player->setstrength 500
player->setspeed 500
tcl

ain't got no time to be casually strolling to Creeper

CHIM

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I stole the sword of white woe in my current game and only got 2,250 from Creeper for it, I was so confused.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

armoredgorilla posted:

I stole the sword of white woe in my current game and only got 2,250 from Creeper for it, I was so confused.
Did it get damaged at all? I know he pays less for damaged items.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
gonna put this here for safekeeping

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
wanna pet that guar

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

wanna pet that guar

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i could kill that guar, these boots are ruined

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
im the tongue warts

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

That better not be a Wild Guar you dragged into this thread!

There sure are a lot of bipedal fauna on Vvardenfell. What's the deal with alits?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
uh oh

not mine

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the Utterguar cometh

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Watch the sky

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh015gHgkX0

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I figured out the Origin mystery, the set-up was in Russian and apparently EA's servers got hacked earlier in the year or something? There were some random charges from Origin on my card, but they got retracted pretty easily but apparently I get to keep the games or something? Literally forced to buy and play an EA game this is horrible

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Haha, wrong thread, woops!

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

scalded schlong posted:

i could kill that guar, these boots are ruined

please don't kill the guar

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

The Sharmat posted:

please don't kill the guar

He needs new boots tho, the last ones were ruined.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
the only boots you ever need, are the boots of blinding speed

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Ahhh the haunted morrowind disc

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Extra posted:

Consequences for actions jesus christ this game is still better than any other drat RPG.

LGNPC secret masters I think

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

The Sharmat posted:

a real Telvanni wizard just makes the items levitate in mid air on their own

welp, i installed Uvrith's Legacy and this is p much how it ended up. all my stuff that was previously laid out on a shelf in lower tower bedroom now levitates a few feet below the ceiling :negative:
this mod looks cool and all, but i don't know if i want to reorganize all my crap

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
That reminds me, sometimes my grass in MGSO is just hovering a foot or so off the ground. Any way to consistently fix that or is just the price I pay for having grass?

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

I read that journal entry and was like 'there is no way something that sounds so stupid ("sense of ancient power") was in the vanilla game'. Glad I was right

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

lol LGNPC, so probably if you don't kill him and try to talk to him they'll have replaced his dialogue with a rape slave questline

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
like a third of the LGNPC NPCs are actually kinda cool and quirky and interestin but yeah there's that kinda poo poo all over it. really inconsistent quality control

but I guess it was made by like a random assortment of a dozen people with minimal oversight so

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Apparently the new guy in charge of LGNPCs was like "woah what is all this creepy bullshit" and is trying to remove or completely rewrite it

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
he should recruit good writers like the maker of hit mods like Morrowind: Gold Edition

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

lol LGNPC, so probably if you don't kill him and try to talk to him they'll have replaced his dialogue with a rape slave questline

actually now that I remember I think all his dialogue in LGNPC is foreshadowing for Oblivion and about the Mythic Dawn cult

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
LGNPC is cool in theory, but it pretty much needs a full on overhaul to actually be good. as it is every loving npc in vvardenfell has 20 pages of boring backstory to tell you, mostly about sex and rape

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

just gonna keep posting this every time lgnpc comes up

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

garth ferengi posted:

Truly one of the great mods of our time.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Gobblecoque posted:

LGNPC is cool in theory, but it pretty much needs a full on overhaul to actually be good. as it is every loving npc in vvardenfell has 20 pages of boring backstory to tell you, mostly about sex and rape

How can they be interesting if they don't detail me their lifes story???

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

garth ferengi posted:

wasn't the "Dunmer women are all sluts" thing just a stereotype of Dunmer out west that Barenziah lived up to by coincidence

I mean the Tribunal Temple bans oral and anal sex (all because of poo poo Vivec did with Molag Bal) so it doesn't seem like Dunmer culture is that sexually permissive

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Almost sounds like the promiscuous nature side of dunmer culture is just some smear campaign bullcrap.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
the lgnpc modders are just fixing an obvious lore contradiction. from the ingame books we can clearly see that dunmer are webcomic-esque sex drow, but the devs hosed up and made them into angular racists who constantly tell you to go away. typical bethesda

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
literally the only time a Dunmer is depicted as being crazy about sex is Barenziah

if you think that westernized oreo pet bride of an Imperial puppet king was a real Dunmer, then get the gently caress out because you're a regular n'wah

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
also there's that thieves guild quest were you blackmail a Redoran noble by proving that his daughter owns a copy of Boethiah's Pillow Book, which is presumably the Daedric Kama Sutra, but that kind of provides evidence both ways because it also shows hints of what the Dunmer think of the concept of sex for pleasure

Stuff like Sotha Sil splitting himself into two people so he can have a threesome with Almalexia doesn't count either, he's a God he does what he wants

when I can spout paragraphs of Morrowind lore like this off the top of my head I keenly feel how I have wasted my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Sharmat posted:

also there's that thieves guild quest were you blackmail a Redoran noble by proving that his daughter owns a copy of Boethiah's Pillow Book, which is presumably the Daedric Kama Sutra, but that kind of provides evidence both ways because it also shows hints of what the Dunmer think of the concept of sex for pleasure

that's also a Redoran noble, the churchiest House that's not Indoril.

been doing my first Telvanni playthrough, helping Aryon conquer integrate the House into the Grazelands. these quest rewards are amazing. so many spells, so many trinkets.

• Locked thread