Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

As far as I know there was not a peep about FF15 (or Kingdom Hearts 3 for that matter) at TGS. I think they are still a long ways off. Maybe as long as FF14 is doing well, Square isn't going to do anything else major?

Tokyo Game Show hasn't started. There was the Sony thing but that's it so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Sprat Sandwich posted:

A surprise announcement that FFXV will be retooled into a sequel to Lightning Returns.

Don't even joke about that poo poo. They only need a little bit of encouragement to make it happen.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

As far as I know there was not a peep about FF15 (or Kingdom Hearts 3 for that matter) at TGS. I think they are still a long ways off. Maybe as long as FF14 is doing well, Square isn't going to do anything else major?

TGS hasn't started yet tho, the other day was just Sony's own personal conference thing, I'm expecting a new trailer and tighter release window like "winter 2015" but that's probably it if anything at all.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

It's better if you just give up hope that FF15 even exists. Say what you will about the quality of 13, the fact that we even got an actual game that works out of it is a miracle if you read about their dev practices.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

JordanKai posted:

Don't even joke about that poo poo. They only need a little bit of encouragement to make it happen.

It's happening

right

now

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Vintersorg posted:

Just :lol: at knocking the PC version of Dark Souls 2. It's not some console war poo poo - the game is literally, hell - infinitely better on the PC because it's not hampered by old tech. Yeah, it sure plays on the PS3 but muddy and blurry.

Yeah I really don't think Hakkeshu was like PC master race. The PS3 is pretty drat outdated. I mean it's been around for what? 10 years now?

If I recall correctly the 360 version of DS2 runs at least by 40 to 45 FPS ( I could be wrong! I rarely tested the 360 version of the game) whereas the ps3 version was 20 to 25 FPS max.

It would be a no brainer to port Dark Souls 2 over to the PS4. Perhaps maybe they are thinking of remaking the textures or what not considering Dark Souls 2 isn't that graphically impressive, unless they decide to make DS2 PS4 Ready To Cry edition like 30 bucks.

edit: I was wondering if that was the TGS show. I was thinking, wait isn't TGS always in September?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, I thought it was going on now, and was confused as to why I hadn't seen more news. When does it actually start?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
18th of September if I recall.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Minecraft PS4 possibly coming today, according to one of the Mojang guys: https://twitter.com/Kappische/status/507194957354905600

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shindragon posted:

18th of September if I recall.
Wow, I was way confused, I thought that Sony presentation was the usual immediately pre-conference kickoff presentation.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Minecraft PS4 possibly coming today, according to one of the Mojang guys: https://twitter.com/Kappische/status/507194957354905600
Please please please...

Minecraft is the best "zone-out on the couch" game that doesn't really require anything from you. It's just fun to build your perfect little fortress and explore.

I do wish they had incorporated some cool graphical tweaks and shaders that 3rd-party mods do to the PC version into the PS4/XBO version though. It's cool seeing realistic water, swaying leaves, or depth of field effects in Minecraft.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wow, I was way confused, I thought that Sony presentation was the usual immediately pre-conference kickoff presentation.

Yeah, and they have ANOTHER presentation on the 17th. It's weird, Sony goes all in on TGS even though Nintendo doesn't bother and Microsoft might as well not even be there.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

JazzFlight posted:

Please please please...

Minecraft is the best "zone-out on the couch" game that doesn't really require anything from you. It's just fun to build your perfect little fortress and explore.

I do wish they had incorporated some cool graphical tweaks and shaders that 3rd-party mods do to the PC version into the PS4/XBO version though. It's cool seeing realistic water, swaying leaves, or depth of field effects in Minecraft.

Not that I'm intending to troll 10-year-olds or anything, but what's the grief potential for this sort of game? Can you jump into random people's worlds and gently caress their poo poo up, or is it pretty locked off with private games?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

It's better if you just give up hope that FF15 even exists. Say what you will about the quality of 13, the fact that we even got an actual game that works out of it is a miracle if you read about their dev practices.

FFXV is the new Last Guardian

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Szurumbur posted:

FFXV is the new Last Guardian

You're confusing FFXV with FF Versus XIII

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

zenintrude posted:

I thought Versus XIII got turned into XV.

Reive
May 21, 2009

zenintrude posted:

Same game dude.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

TaurusOxford posted:

I thought Versus XIII got turned into XV.

Reive posted:

Same game dude.

Oh good lord, guys... :thejoke:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Voting: Things don't get worked out in time.

or Later today = like 10pm.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

zenintrude posted:

Oh good lord, guys... :thejoke:

It was a pretty bad joke.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

JazzFlight posted:

Please please please...

Well it is possible they could do this for ps4 minecraft. Sell mod packs that enhance graphical capabilities.

Or just sell a texture pack (they already do this) for ultra realistic world. Only on ps4.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Ineffiable posted:

Well it is possible they could do this for ps4 minecraft. Sell mod packs that enhance graphical capabilities.

Or just sell a texture pack (they already do this) for ultra realistic world. Only on ps4.
Naughty Dog, please release the TLOU texture set as a Minecraft add-on, thanks.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

zenintrude posted:

Not that I'm intending to troll 10-year-olds or anything, but what's the grief potential for this sort of game? Can you jump into random people's worlds and gently caress their poo poo up, or is it pretty locked off with private games?

I think you can set it so that incoming players can't interact with the world. At least that's how it was on PC.

Seconding that Minecraft is a great game even if you're not :sperg:. My cousin and I wasted a ton of time when I was unemployed a while back by going into creative mode and building crazy poo poo. I built an underwater fortress complete with observatory as well as a city in the sky. While I should've been doing job apps...

Anyways it's great.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Megasabin posted:

I'm not sure, but I think the person criticizing a hugely improved framerate because of minor durability issues (that normal people don't even notice) might actually be the one meeting the qualifications for "insufferable shitlord" here.

When was I criticizing it? I just don't think the console version is "official dogshit".

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

EC posted:

When was I criticizing it? I just don't think the console version is "official dogshit".

It's obviously subjective, but when the game is stuttering immediately upon moving around in Things Betwixt, and runs with problems for the majority of the playthrough, I consider it dogshit. The PS3 version is awful compared to the PC game. I don't know why people accepted it after the relatively ok performance of Demon's and Dark Souls, Blighttown notwithstanding.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, and they have ANOTHER presentation on the 17th. It's weird, Sony goes all in on TGS even though Nintendo doesn't bother and Microsoft might as well not even be there.

Whatever happened to Nintendo Space World or whatever the gently caress it was called?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is the PS3 version really that much worse than the 360 version? The latter for me felt consistently smooth and there was no Blighttown/Valley of Defilement equivalent where the framerate would crater just from being there.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

PantsBandit posted:

I think you can set it so that incoming players can't interact with the world. At least that's how it was on PC.

Seconding that Minecraft is a great game even if you're not :sperg:. My cousin and I wasted a ton of time when I was unemployed a while back by going into creative mode and building crazy poo poo. I built an underwater fortress complete with observatory as well as a city in the sky. While I should've been doing job apps...

Anyways it's great.

Is there an actual point or goal (aside from building cool poo poo?) Survival? Shelter from monsters/animals?

Just curious. I like to build but not SOOOOO into just the pursuit of building that it would be all I ever wanted/needed.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

haveblue posted:

Is the PS3 version really that much worse than the 360 version? The latter for me felt consistently smooth and there was no Blighttown/Valley of Defilement equivalent where the framerate would crater just from being there.

10 fps difference on average.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I figure this is as good of a place to ask as any. My PS4 and my PC are both in the living room. However, with the upcoming release of games I actually want to play on my PS4 a lot, like Destiny, I'd like to move my PS4 away from the entertainment center and to my PC desk. Only thing complicating this is that my girlfriend uses it from time to time and doesn't want to deal with moving the thing and hooking it back up to the TV every time she wants to use it.

All that said, does anyone know of a device that they can recommend to handle sending the signal to both my receiver and my computer monitor? If it's a box I feed one HDMI cable into and then send two out to each monitor with a switch that controls which output is active, that would be great.

I checked out some HDMI splitters that send the signal out to two outputs simultaneously, but some of the reviews said the signal can get dicey.

Has anyone set up something similar?

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?

Feenix posted:

Is there an actual point or goal (aside from building cool poo poo?) Survival? Shelter from monsters/animals?

Just curious. I like to build but not SOOOOO into just the pursuit of building that it would be all I ever wanted/needed.

Getting to the End and killing the Ender Dragon

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Feenix posted:

Well there's the actual survival mode which is pretty standard. Build poo poo using mined materials, fight monsters, farm, that sort of stuff. It's extremely open-ended in terms of actual "goals" though. There technically is an ending but it's sort of meaningless since there isn't a story. Playing survival and creative modes both have their own entertaining parts.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

PantsBandit posted:

Well there's the actual survival mode which is pretty standard. Build poo poo using mined materials, fight monsters, farm, that sort of stuff. It's extremely open-ended in terms of actual "goals" though. There technically is an ending but it's sort of meaningless since there isn't a story. Playing survival and creative modes both have their own entertaining parts.

Oh, yeah, no that sounds fine. Just wanted to make sure there were SOME things to have as goals. :)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

abagofcheetos posted:

Whatever happened to Nintendo Space World or whatever the gently caress it was called?

That's been gone since like 2003, except for one event they had in 2011 that they called Space World. Now they have Nintendo Direct.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.

threeagainstfour posted:

I figure this is as good of a place to ask as any. My PS4 and my PC are both in the living room. However, with the upcoming release of games I actually want to play on my PS4 a lot, like Destiny, I'd like to move my PS4 away from the entertainment center and to my PC desk. Only thing complicating this is that my girlfriend uses it from time to time and doesn't want to deal with moving the thing and hooking it back up to the TV every time she wants to use it.

All that said, does anyone know of a device that they can recommend to handle sending the signal to both my receiver and my computer monitor? If it's a box I feed one HDMI cable into and then send two out to each monitor with a switch that controls which output is active, that would be great.

I checked out some HDMI splitters that send the signal out to two outputs simultaneously, but some of the reviews said the signal can get dicey.

I use one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0U01925058

I have my PC, PS4, PS3, and FIOS plugged into the inputs with the 27" Monitor on my desk and 32" TV that is 3' away on the wall on the outputs. The optical is hooked up to my Logitech 5.1 system.

It essentially lets me play games/movies on whatever output I want (or both outputs if desired) without having to bother touching cables.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Will Microsoft have a presentation at TGS? Since both Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III were announced for the Xbox One at E3 2013, I'm wondering if they'll do the same as Metal Gear Rising and MGS V by showing them off at their own conference. They have paid Square Enix for timed exclusivity for the new Tomb Raider, so just having SE's games featured at their TGS conference, especially around the time of the XB1's launch there, is something that could happen.

threeagainstfour posted:

One problem with HDMI is that you might need signal boosters/repeaters if you need to connect over a long distance.

I've been using a powered HDMI splitter as a way to strip HDCP and record my PS3 and PS4 with an Elgato capture device. Normally HDCP requires communication between the source and the destination, but with a powered splitter it becomes the destination, decrypts it, and it sends two unencrypted signals out. The power is probably to run the decryption chip, but it could also help boost the signal and solve the first problem.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That loving Sned posted:

Will Microsoft have a presentation at TGS?

No.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Policenaut posted:

That's bizarre. Was that one on Monday their 'we'll get our small announcements and Persona 5 out of the way' conference? Surely they can't have thar much more to show? I was expecting that XV and KH3 were going to be shown in the Mega Theatre, but maybe not.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

CottonWolf posted:

That's bizarre. Was that one on Monday their 'we'll get our small announcements and Persona 5 out of the way' conference? Surely they can't have thar much more to show? I was expecting that XV and KH3 were going to be shown in the Mega Theatre, but maybe not.

Its also them dropping Persona 5 on PS4 3 days before the xbone's launch in Japan (not that xbone was going to do any better in Japan than it has everywhere else)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Sony did say they had too much to show at Gamescom and decided to bump it to TGS.

What we saw was probably just a teaser.

• Locked thread