Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Lisa Lisa has an entire moveset in ASB and her only fights involve her lightly brushing a zombie with a scarf.

and yet all of her special moves and most of her normal moves are taken directly from manga panels

for better or worse CC2 stuck to using actual stuff araki drew to base moves from, even if they're willing to play with it a little (see pucci throwing a disk at a guard to take over his mind somehow being turned into a disk hadouken that just hurts people)

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How does GER work in the game?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

darealkooky posted:

and yet all of her special moves and most of her normal moves are taken directly from manga panels

for better or worse CC2 stuck to using actual stuff araki drew to base moves from, even if they're willing to play with it a little (see pucci throwing a disk at a guard to take over his mind somehow being turned into a disk hadouken that just hurts people)

It's almost like you don't know who Storm is.

There are plenty of things you can do with a stand that uses the weather.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Aurain posted:

You only have about 30 seconds to make it work, but boy does it work. You can force-flinch opponents, erase any attacks coming at you, you have an unblockable projectile that goes at light speed, and his muda muda punches are the longest in the game.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Aurain posted:

It's Giorno's level 2, but the start up is rear end slow, so you pretty much have to use his level 1 to set up into it. His level 1 is his slow mo punch, which sends the other person to the other side and disables them for a bit because they're ~overflowing with life energy~

Then you stab yourself with the arrow and you can start doing fun things. He can shoot out a projectile that does that auto flinching thing mentioned, and you can also super jump across the arena. His rush punch is also like 5 times longer than all the other ones in GER.

e: Here's a guy doing some Giorno stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54pBulkz2nE&t=355s

Nahxela fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 3, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's pretty amazing.

All of those MUDAMUDAMUDA :allears:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Jotaro's full ORAORAORAORA is a few punches longer, I think. Somewhere around 52.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Lisa Lisa has an entire moveset in ASB and her only fights involve her lightly brushing a zombie with a scarf.

Lisa Lisa is also the inspiration for a Capcom fighting game character who's been around for nearly twenty years, so (while I haven't played ASB) I suppose they could have just stolen stuff right back. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Well, upon looking at Lisa Lisa's moveset, some of her attacks are things she didn't use in fights.

For instance, she has an attack based on the time she placed the Ripple training mask on Joseph's face and another move based on the time she demonstrated the Super Aja's sunlight enhancing ability.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

If they can do Rohan they can do anyone.

This. Also Fugo doesn't even have a solo fight in the manga and still somehow manages to be a playable character.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Weather isn't playable because he needs to be in the Gold Street stage to make it rain froggies. :3:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I can definitely see this turning out well.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Reminder that the digital version is out NOW. Every single sound effect kanji has a tiny, unobtrusive english translation next to it, but there's some awful artifacting on the colored pages around english text.

Black and white pages are fine, though???

edit:

OH MY GOD THE STONE MASK IS SO HAPPY

Pomp fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 3, 2014

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Every man has their limits, but Jonathan's limits are only pushed too far when you attempt to murder his dad.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Pomp posted:

OH MY GOD THE STONE MASK IS SO HAPPY
HAPPY

Smug mask.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Wait, ten bucks for the digital copy? Is it the whole thing?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's 11 chapters.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DicktheCat posted:

Wait, ten bucks for the digital copy? Is it the whole thing?

They're the Jojonium releases. I think Phantom Blood was 3, and Battle Tendency was 4 Jojoniums.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
The physical copy is only going to be $15-ish, which isn't bad.

http://smile.amazon.com/JoJos-Bizarre-Adventure-1-Phantom-Blood/dp/1421578794/

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

So whatever happened to Jonathan's head?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Steve Jorbs posted:

The same thing that happened to Lyman.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jonathan did not translate to the new art all too well.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Aurain posted:

I disagree. I also am now chanting at the bit for the print. I've been wanting jojonium for some time now. I just hope they keep the same quality in the translated version as they did in the original.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Aurain posted:

It helps when you realize that's a picture of Jonathan when he was 12 and not adult Jonathan who looks more like this

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

FirstAidKite posted:

It helps when you realize that's a picture of Jonathan when he was 12 and not adult Jonathan who looks more like this

Yeah, no. That looks like his mid Part IV style.

That's just Araki's current style.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
all the old characters look like poo poo in the new style

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Gee Joseph, how come your mom lets you wear TWO hats? :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love that Joseph and Jonathan look gaudy as hell while Josuke and Jotaro chill in their school uniforms.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

I love that Joseph and Jonathan look gaudy as hell while Josuke and Jotaro chill in their school uniforms.

High school students should dress like high school students, after all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Steve Jorbs posted:

Bottom of the ocean presumably.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I'm sorry for my ignorance but what exactly is Jojonium? Is Araki redrawing/overseeing the redrawing of the early material? Is it a reboot or just a way to tie everything under a single, maybe more refined, drawing style and aesthetic?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I'm sorry for my ignorance but what exactly is Jojonium? Is Araki redrawing/overseeing the redrawing of the early material? Is it a reboot or just a way to tie everything under a single, maybe more refined, drawing style and aesthetic?

They're omnibus-esque releases. Large pages, glossy paper. Only the covers, and I think an emblem on the first parge, are new art.

Here's some guy in a hideous sweater showing them off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-eiVvWp1Ow

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Yeah, no. That looks like his mid Part IV style.

That's just Araki's current style.

That picture still looks like younger Jonathan given the outfit he's wearing. Still a hilarious change from part 1 kenshiro jonathan tho.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

That picture still looks like younger Jonathan given the outfit he's wearing. Still a hilarious change from part 1 kenshiro jonathan tho.

Dude, that's Kakyoin.

There should be a law against Araki drawing his pre-Act IV characters (possibly omitting Jotaro *) ever again.

edit: *and Polnareff

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 3, 2014

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

It's not bad, only real problem I have with it is his chin isn't that boxy enough.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

There should be a law against Araki drawing his pre-Act IV characters (possibly omitting Jotaro) ever again.

You forgot Polnareff.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I think the new young Jonathan looks pretty good, he's certainly different from the original but I think it would still feel like the same character if we saw more of him in the new style.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want Araki to draw his pre-Part 4 characters more only because of the anger it seems to inspire in nerds.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They look fine, you babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Dude, that's Kakyoin.

I know that's Kakyoin, I was talking about the young Jonathan picture on the first JoJonium.

• Locked thread