Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Deptfordx posted:

Shouldn't that read 95% of BBC viewers who were not simply crazy enough to be watching, but actually lunatic enough to go and vote in a meaningless straw poll think it failed?

In actual random polling, isn't it a truism that it's nigh-impossible to get 100% support for anything? Like even "I like puppies" or "Ice cream is tasty" probably don't get over 90% support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Radish posted:

The alternate argument could be the mother is the landowner and wants to evict an unlawful tenant.

By accepting a dick the mother is entering into an air-tight, nine month lease.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

toanoradian posted:

I've seen this once before in Australian news (cricket news, look to the last sentences), but why is multiculturalism sometimes worded as an 'experiment'? Why 'experiment'? It seems detached and utterly inhuman.
Because they believe it will inevitably fail (because we can't be expected to live beside brown people, they're loving savages) and is a misguided attempt at social engineering by LIBERALS, rather than just being "hey maybe we shouldn't treat immigrants like they're subhuman unless they act sufficiently white".

GertLush
Aug 24, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

By accepting a dick the mother is entering into an air-tight, nine month lease.

My sperm egg-jacked you

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Emmett Till, Mike Brown, and a New Movement for an Old Law
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3199513/posts

quote:

How come everytime a thug gets killed invariably someone has to bring Emmet Till into the picture? This is about the 3rd article this week I saw mention Emmet Till and Michael Brown in the same sentence. HOW the hell is a thug like Michael Brown equal to a black kid in 1955 Mississippi who was lynched by Democrats because he talked to a white democrat slut? Same with the attempted murderer Traydmark Martin ™ , attempts to kill George Zimmerman because Zimmerman had the audacity to walk in Martins general direction for a block, and suddenly Traydmark Martin ™ is "Emmet Till". Unreal.

4 posted on 9/2/2014 9:37:19 AM by GrandJediMasterYoda (Hitlery: Incarnation of evil.)

quote:

Due to blacks propensity to crime, there will always be more interaction between them and the law. This interaction generally won’t work out in their favor.

10 posted on 9/2/2014 11:02:23 AM by umgud (I couldn't understand why the ball kept getting bigger......... then it hit me.)

quote:

quote:

Emmett Till?

Screw Emmett Till. When these whiners start lamenting people such as Christopher Newsom and Channon Christian or any of the other multitudes of whites brutalized by blacks we can talk but otherwise...FU.

13 posted on 9/2/2014 1:22:40 PM by Altura Ct.

quote:

crew Emmett Till?
The killers of Christopher Newsome and Channon Christian were all convicted (all convicted) and are serving time. One has a death sentence. Another has a life sentence without parole.

The killers of Emmett Till were acquitted by an all-white jury and promptly bragged about how they killed him. When blacks returned to the courtroom after lunch, the county sheriff would welcome them with a loud "Hello, N*ggers!" (if you believe the FBI and countless other contemporary reports).

Newsome and Christian were victims of convenience, out parking in Newsome's car. Till's murder was planned for four (?) days, and Till was the target. His murderers kidnapped other young black men until they found Till.

Till's murderers admitted they kidnapped him and drove him bound in the back of a pickup truck some 70 miles, but claimed they let him go. That was the only alibi.

Till's body was found with a .45ACP hole behind his right ear, most of his face blown off, his right eye gouged out, pistol whipped, beaten, with a broken arm, a broken leg, and a 70-pound weight tied to him with barbed wire, then thrown in the Tallahatchie River.

The defense argument? The face was so destroyed that the body could not be identified as Till.

I lament the death of Christopher Newsome and Channon Christian, but Emmett Till's death was planned and brutal, his killers were acquitted by an all-white jury, his killers bragged about it after the verdict, and nobody served any time.

I can see the difference between 1955 Mississippi justice for a 14-year old black boy and justice for Newsome and Christian's killers.

15 posted on 9/2/2014 2:18:03 PM by Scoutmaster (I'd rather be at Philmont)

quote:

Blah, blah, blah.
I can see the difference between 1955 Mississippi justice for a 14-year old black boy and justice for Newsome and Christian's killers.

I'm sure you can. Most black apologist can. Black on white crime is no less brutal but folks like you want to act like it is an atrocity that has no equal. This whole Brown and Treyvon circus are keen examples of this BS.

I lament the death of Christopher Newsome and Channon Christian, but Emmett Till's death was planned and brutal
Newsome and Christian were victims of convenience

Lament? - So this a 'random' crime which somehow makes it less brutal and noteworthy? Suffocation, bleach, being burned with gasoline, beaten with a table leg and raped notwithstanding.

Certain elements trot Till out like he is Mother Mary and everyone else is not worthy particularly if they are white.

17 posted on 9/2/2014 2:55:29 PM by Altura Ct.

quote:

It’s not worth arguing with Alturas Ct. Check out the posting history - every post is about race, and would fit right in over at Storefront.

19 posted on 9/3/2014 2:58:38 AM by Conscience of a Conservative
:laugh:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

"Too Stormfronty for Free Republic" is probably the harshest burn I've ever seen laid down by one Freeper on another.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Stating that the Emmett Till murder was a planned murder and a gross miscarriage of justice is now Black Apologia. Thanks, Freep.

Also, aren't these fuckers supposed to be anti-government? Shouldn't an obvious instance of corruption and injustice in government outrage them?

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Stating that the Emmett Till murder was a planned murder and a gross miscarriage of justice is now Black Apologia. Thanks, Freep.

Also, aren't these fuckers supposed to be anti-government? Shouldn't an obvious instance of corruption and injustice in government outrage them?

Nah, they're not anti-government. They just don't want to be the ones who are regulated. They're totally fine systemically oppressing black people and forcibly ultrasound-wanding women all day.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

For Freeps (and lots of people in general) hatred of the "other" is tantamount over everything else. They only hate government when it is telling them they can't do something; they are totally for it as long as it's abusing people they don't like.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
How dare you compare us to Emmett Till? That kid was killed by racist democrats. Nothing like the niggerthugMURDERER totally justified deaths of Trayvon "Thug" Martin. :beck:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I think my favorite part of their Trayvon Martin narrative is that they would be totally terrified if a black person happened to be walking in the same direction for a block, but that a black boy clearly has no right to be scared of some dude doing the same.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Shugojin posted:

I think my favorite part of their Trayvon Martin narrative is that they would be totally terrified if a black person happened to be walking in the same direction for a block, but that a black boy clearly has no right to be scared of some dude doing the same.

Or that even if Martin attacked first that he isn't allowed the same benefit of the doubt that he was pro-actively defending himself from someone threatening him with a gun.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

HOW the hell is a thug like Michael Brown equal to a black kid in 1955 Mississippi who was lynched by Democrats because he talked to a white democrat slut?
There's just so many terrible things packed into this one sentence. :stare:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Why should he be scared, how could he suspect a Hispanicwhite guy would do anything bad to a black guy? Not like those nasty urbal ferals, always with their knockout games and their rainbow parties.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MeLKoR posted:

Emmett Till, Mike Brown, and a New Movement for an Old Law
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3199513/posts

Freepers: every post is about race, and would fit right in over at Storefront

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Just saw a news post that the guy who shot Renisha McBride, who had knocked on his door and was shot with his shotgun, has been sentenced to 17 years in prison. I'm sure Freep is going to have some sort of a reaction to this.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

For Men's Rights Groups, Feminism Has Come At The Expense Of Men

quote:

To: Fido969
I simply am not attracted to feminists.

I have denied them power over me.

That’s the only real power women have.

Pets & hobbies will have to do.

*happy

4 posted on 9/3/2014 10:10:17 AM by glasseye
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: mbarker12474
Feminism turned women into men. It's not difficult to understand why men leave their homes; Women have stolen their role and turned the male-female relationship into a CONTEST. Females have become RELENTLESSLY CONFRONTATIONAL!!!.. Who wants to put up with THAT sh*t?
Look what boys who grow up without fathers in the home has done to our White House! Can you say 'METROSEXUAL-IN-CHIEF'????!!!! Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!

6 posted on 9/3/2014 10:14:01 AM by CivilWarBrewing
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Army Air Corps; GeronL; BCW; 2ndDivisionVet; gaijin
And people wonder why men love feminine women.

Maybe that is why we go crazy for skirts.

Or have went outside to none western countries for wives.

Korea, Russia etc

11 posted on 9/3/2014 10:23:27 AM by KC_Lion (Build the America you want to live in at your address, and keep looking up.- Sarah Palin)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

To: glasseye
This is why Palin scares the left. She is the ultimate feminist in the true sense of the word. Married, children with a profession.

7 posted on 9/3/2014 10:14:06 AM by EQAndyBuzz (Manchuria Called. They want their Candidate Back!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I can't kill people who knock on my door! 2nd revolution! Get yer dry powder here!

Edit: LOL "Feminism is destroying the traditional image of manhood, so I'll fight against it by swearing off pussy and hanging out with my pets and internet politics forums"

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
Freepers and MRA dipshits. gently caress. :sigh:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Reverend Sub-Zero posted:

Freepers and MRA dipshits. gently caress. :sigh:

Self-conducted polls of MRA communities like /r/mensrights have shown time and time again that they tend to be astonishingly right-leaning. The fact that Freepers and MRAs agree on a lot of stuff is not surprising in the least.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

quote:

To: Fido969
I simply am not attracted to feminists.

I have denied them power over me.

That’s the only real power women have.

Pets & hobbies will have to do.

*happy

4 posted on 9/3/2014 10:10:17 AM by glasseye
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Aaaaand we're back to paraphrasing Doctor Strangelove again.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

Notorious QIG posted:

Self-conducted polls of MRA communities like /r/mensrights have shown time and time again that they tend to be astonishingly right-leaning. The fact that Freepers and MRAs agree on a lot of stuff is not surprising in the least.

Oh I'm not at all surprised, just… you know when you get food in a cafeteria that you fully expect to be dogshit, but you're hungry so you'll eat anything? Then you take that first bite, and it's every bit as bad as you thought. That's where I'm at right now.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0cS4p9cFlo

quote:

Feminist Susan Falud wrote a book about men in today's society: “Stiffed”, how men have been cheated and lied to by the feminists.

She was practically run out of town by the lefties.

quote:

The common theme that runs through the book is that men have attempted to live up to the expectations of masculinity established in post-World War II America, only to find society not living up to its end of the bargain as globalization, downsizing and other economic pressures have made it difficult for men to live up to their expected roles as providers. At the same time she applies a feminist critique to these expectations, while noting that the feminist critique of the rise of an ornamental culture applies to men as much as women: As the culture has shifted toward an ornamental one in which awards, popular culture symbols of ideal masculinity, and economic bottom lines have become the societal norms of success, ordinary men are losing self-esteem and a sense of purpose. In particular she links the problems of many men today with abusive or absent fathers when growing up, and is critical of the rise of a corporate "organization man" culture in the 1950s and 1960s, which led to absent fathers failing to provide a positive, nurturing environment to their children, and then to failed expectations as companies laid off longtime loyal employees during the 1980s and 1990s.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Is anyone actually "scared" of Palin?

She has literally zero chance of attaining real power.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Faustian Bargain posted:

Is anyone actually "scared" of Palin?

She has literally zero chance of attaining real power.

I was scared of her in the months leading up to the 2008 election when there was a nonzero chance of her being a heartbeat away from the presidency. I'm not scared of her now, the worst thing she does now is appear on Fox News from time to time.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

quote:

Feminism turned women into men. It's not difficult to understand why men leave their homes; Women have stolen their role and turned the male-female relationship into a CONTEST. Females have become RELENTLESSLY CONFRONTATIONAL!!!.. Who wants to put up with THAT sh*t?
Look what boys who grow up without fathers in the home has done to our White House! Can you say 'METROSEXUAL-IN-CHIEF'????!!!! Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!

6 posted on 9/3/2014 10:14:01 AM by CivilWarBrewing

I like to think that he had a massive coronary right at the end there, but was still so angry about Obama that he took time to write "Arrrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Apparently we're supposed to be scared about her having a job and being successful...which is an impressive display of projection on freeps part. Either that or they assume THE LEFT works exactly like they do where any principle or standard gets tossed out the window the second it benefits someone on the GOP's hatelist.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Zeroisanumber posted:

I like to think that he had a massive coronary right at the end there, but was still so angry about Obama that he took time to write "Arrrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!"

He wouldn't bother to write aaaagggghhhh, he would just say it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Perhaps he was dictating?

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.
A federal judge just upheld Louisiana's ban on gay marriage, get ready for Freep :smuggo:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

SubponticatePoster posted:

Perhaps he was dictating?

Oh shut up.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Beep boop what is joke? :mitt:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Apparently we're supposed to be scared about her having a job and being successful...which is an impressive display of projection on freeps part. Either that or they assume THE LEFT works exactly like they do where any principle or standard gets tossed out the window the second it benefits someone on the GOP's hatelist.

I'm scared at how easy she bilks cash from these idiots. But outside of that I don't think she has a job, per se.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Wizard of Smart posted:

lol

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Wizard of Smart posted:

Start at :38.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJfowXTXOfU

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Badera posted:

A federal judge just upheld Louisiana's ban on gay marriage, get ready for Freep :smuggo:

Federal judge upholds La. same-sex marriage ban

quote:

To: Theoria

A Reagan appointee. Shows what can happen when we have a REAL President.

6 posted on 9/3/2014, 10:13:20 AM by Marathoner (876 days of this bastard to go.)

quote:

Or as they say in the South, butter my butt and call me a biscuit!

I hope this judge has security. The gay mafia is vengeful.

7 posted on 9/3/2014, 10:13:58 AM by Pining_4_TX (All those who were appointed to eternal life believed. Acts 13:48)

quote:

To: xzins

An answer to prayer. Thank you, God.
15 posted on 9/3/2014, 10:36:00 AM by SoFloFreeper
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Theoria

Reagan comes through once again.

25.5 years after he left office, the man’s influence still impacts the nation.

On the dark side, Obama will leave office in 2017. 25.5 years after that will be 2052.

18 posted on 9/3/2014, 10:41:04 AM by DoughtyOne (We'll know when he's really hit bottom. They'll start referring to him as White.)

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Badera posted:

Just curious but what it written in a way that made it "better" than the ones that have been thrown out recently or is this just a lucky draw judge?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Radish posted:

Just curious but what it written in a way that made it "better" than the ones that have been thrown out recently or is this just a lucky draw judge?

This is a judge appointed more than thirty years ago by Reagan.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Radish posted:

quote:

Feldman said gay marriage supporters failed to prove that ban violates equal protection or due process provisions of the U.S. Constitution. He also rejected an argument that the ban violated the First Amendment by effectively forcing legally married gay couples to state that they are single on Louisiana income tax returns.

Feldman sided with the state, which had argued that the nation's high court, in the Defense of Marriage Act decision, recognized the rights of state voters and legislatures to define marriage.

"Although opinions about same-sex marriage will understandably vary among the states, and other states in free and open debate will and have chosen differently, that does not mandate that Louisiana has overstepped its sovereign authority," he wrote.

Sounds like they found themselves a lovely old Scalia wanna-be.

Edit: Yep, here's the "protected class" dogwhistle. He's probably at home right now getting wood over his decision getting coverage on Drudge.

quote:

"In light of still-binding precedent, this Court declines to fashion a new suspect class. To do so would distort precedent and demean the democratic process," wrote Feldman, a 1983 appointee of President Ronald Reagan.

Zeroisanumber fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lifetime appointments for judges is such a terrible idea.

• Locked thread