Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

precision posted:

yahtzee actually admits that hat was loving stupid looking, but the cartoon version still wears it because it actually looks OK on a flash cartoon, not on an actual human being

even ripped into himself during the Soul Suspect review over wearing the drat thing

dude's goofy as gently caress but he's self aware and not an utter tool at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

big duck equals goose posted:

Bludge slider? gently caress that, I want a penis girth slide bar, length scale, tip radius customizer increaser and a movable chart on ball sag.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
yahtzee is gay, much like gbs

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

THE PENETRATOR posted:

given his descriptions of female genitalia as being like "something you'd find in the queen mother's nest from Aliens", you may be on to something there! also he once said he'd totally date david bowie

poptart_fairy posted:

even ripped into himself during the Soul Suspect review over wearing the drat thing

dude's goofy as gently caress but he's self aware and not an utter tool at least

herein is my resume for "serious game journalist":

- I'm not a total tool.

hired?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

THE PENETRATOR posted:

he also was a goon

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

ianvincible posted:

Ok yeah, I'm sure Mario, a straight up working class Italian plumber who essentially started the videogame version of chasing after helpless princesses is going to be the progressive voice on how to treat women.

This is what he'd say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=443oJv_s6JA

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hayburner posted:

there was a gamer from nantucket
whose desk was equipped with a bucket
for pissing into
and pooing in too
so pwning went uninterrupted

check your meter privilege tyvm

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

precision posted:

given his descriptions of female genitalia as being like "something you'd find in the queen mother's nest from Aliens", you may be on to something there! also he once said he'd totally date david bowie

well actually the queen mother's nest as well as everything else in Alien was modeled after female genitalia, also David Bowie is a sexy sexy man so that's a very heterosexual thing to say

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
oh phil fish is back on twitter? great
and i thought we had finally made some progress here
#gamersRIP

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I wonder what DMX's views on gender are.

AOW AOW AOW

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

UnGH

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Wizard is a slang term for a male 40 yrs of age or more who has not yet had sex lol

Magic is cooler, better than sex tho.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
why not just use magic to make a woman

COME ON

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

precision posted:

why not just use magic to make a woman

COME ON

Is it magic or is it... WEIRD SCIENCE!?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

theres a girl in my major who wants to never have sex so she can become a wizard. can girls be wizards?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

poptart_fairy posted:

Has GBS "ironically" watched so much of games journalists they claim to hate and despise that they are starting to admit they actually now like them?

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Radical posted:

theres a girl in my major who wants to never have sex so she can become a wizard. can girls be wizards?

Duh, theyre called sorceresses.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Radical posted:

no, just nuns

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

BombiTheZombie posted:

Duh, theyre called sorceresses.

sorceresses is a female sorcerer though, and thats a different thing

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Has GBS "ironically" watched so much of games journalists they claim to hate and despise that they are starting to admit they actually now like them?

The Yahtzee backlash was always just a bandwagon of goon self-loathing.

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

You have to be born a sorcerer; wizards are made by studying. God you loving nerds

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
In the end they are all prestiged into Oozemaster

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

what a disgusting group of people.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ponce de Le0n posted:

There is literally nothing keeping "video game journalism" economically viable apart from nerds at work who would rather be at home playing video games.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Yes, I want to see the effect of hipsters boycotting high-value targets of machismo, the breeding grounds for the divisive oppressive gamer cishetero culture like Madden NFL, Destiny and Call of Duty.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

FAROOQ posted:

what a disgusting group of people.

She has literally become a cult leader with people begging to avenge the slight against their master. Kudos to her.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Can I murder your ex?? - Me, trying to get in that lumpy pussay and rear end

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bludge slider? gently caress that, I want a penis girth slide bar, length scale, tip radius customizer increaser and a movable chart on ball sag.

That's for the next Saint's Row game. Similar sliders will be available for the lady parts.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Heybyou bitch you fat bitch you loving slut. I want you to have sex witj me. Bitch i AM video games

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Pastry of the Year posted:

There is literally nothing keeping "video game journalism" economically viable apart from nerds at work who would rather be at home playing video games.

The funny part is that some sites have figured that out and are now glorified YouTube channels. Giant Bomb had people basically congratulating Nintendo for not doing E3 press conferences and wondered when the other major companies would cut video game news outlets out completely and just go right to the consumer.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

remember when one of the weird twitter group implied he would stab a 10 year old on behalf of a twitter girl because the 10 year old quoted Carlin

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How does EGM and its editors feel about this?

They were always reliable, and even mocked publishers who threatened to pull ads after bad reviews.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Wizard is a slang term for a male 40 yrs of age or more who has not yet had sex lol

That Wizard Wars show on Syfy makes a but more sense now.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
Something I've been wondering for a while now: what he hell is a "game jam"?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

CSM posted:

Something I've been wondering for a while now: what he hell is a "game jam"?

A gathering of people who have made games you've never heard of and never want to play attempt to make a single game you'll never hear of and never want to play really fast.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Can I murder your ex?? - Me, trying to get in that lumpy pussay and rear end

Then all suitors must murder each other for the... honor...

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

How does EGM and its editors feel about this?

They were always reliable, and even mocked publishers who threatened to pull ads after bad reviews.

EGM/1up closed years ago they dont exist anymore :(

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Lazyfire posted:

A gathering of people who have made games you've never heard of and never want to play attempt to make a single game you'll never hear of and never want to play really fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
if you wanna get into the indie devs circle you got to go to a gang rape larp lol

http://www.digra.org/wp-content/uploads/digital-library/10343.56524.pdf

• Locked thread