Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Leadthumb posted:

I get that they wanted to keep the pink samus palette in like the green one, but don't pretend it's the gravity suit from super metroid.

I'm on to your games sakurai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Gamwhiz1 posted:

Agreed, I haven't played Xenoblade yet but the moment I saw that pic I was like "hmmm, something tells me this is a thing I should maybe not be seeing"

vvv except every thing I've seen so far
has shown him with the Monado in its red form, and having it suddenly replaced with a big glowey blue ultima-weapon looking thing sets off alarm bells like nobody's business. And also spoiling something that comes late into the game kinda makes it more of a spoiler?

The Monado is his canon/iconic weapon. He uses other swords occasionally.

This is only a spoiler if you already know the spoiler

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Oh no Shulk apparently gets a different sword at some point, what an important spoiler that will cause millions of people to never play xenoblade.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I'm on to your games Lurdiak.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I'd consider it a bigger surprise if he didn't get a different sword during the game, what the hell kind of anime or JRPG, much less both, would let the hero be using the same sword the whole game?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
september is going to be a very difficult month for people who don't own a 3DS, like me.

christmas will be ultra-hype though

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Leadthumb posted:

I get that they wanted to keep the pink samus palette in like the green one, but don't pretend it's the gravity suit from super metroid.

I'm on to your games sakurai.

I always thought it was supposed to be the pink and blue setup you could get in NES Metroid.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Excels posted:

september is going to be a very difficult month for people who don't own a 3DS, like me.

I just found a used 3DS XL on craigslist for a hundo, couldn't resist anymore. It's pink but I don't even care, Smash is more important.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Quoting this for the new page.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

I just found a used 3DS XL on craigslist for a hundo, couldn't resist anymore. It's pink but I don't even care, Smash is more important.
Dude why wouldn't you want a pink 3DS.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Excels posted:

Hyrule Warriors is coming out.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Endorph posted:

Because I'm insecure about my masculinity :v:

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

:magical:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Endorph posted:

I was about to say. I just got the dumb pokemon one.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I wish they made a spice 3DS.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

I wish they made a spice 3DS.

or a spice girls 3DS

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Excels posted:

or a spice girls 3DS

Spice 3D World. Or is it 3D Land?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

sout posted:

Spice 3D World. Or is it 3D Land?

It's been done (terrible game trigger warning)

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

POSH SPICE

SAYS SHE'LL BE THERE

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

It's been done (terrible game trigger warning)

http://youtu.be/ePqQZ-pjGPs?t=13m58s

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Excels posted:

Honestly? You're not really missing out. I played the 3DS Smash Bros at PAX this long weekend, and the entire experience was really just underwhelming. Compared to the gorgeous HD WiiU version (also available to demo there) it really felt lackluster.

The characters are tiny, the controls feel awkward, and it's just not as polished overall. I'll be holding out for WiiU despite owning a 3DS XL :shrug:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

If anyone who watched this liked it, I highly recommend VGCW because it's basically professional wrestling Smash Bros and why the hell aren't you already watching it weekly?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

No joke, I rented this game from blockbuster as a kid and remember being just as confused and horrified by what was going on. Up to that point I didn't know a video game could be so incredibly lovely.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

behold, the true final boss of smash 4:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Now I understand what Sakurai meant when he said Shulk's not the type of character who'd usually appear in the Super Smash Bros. series.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Excels posted:

the ring of falcons should just be a bunch of knees, imho. like virgil's sword belt from umvc3.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Excels posted:

So this is what haunts Chrom's nightmares: Fractal Falcon.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Excels posted:

No idea why but this just made me wish we had a King of space alt for captain falcon or ganondorf. Katamari is a namco IP.

(at least a katamari assist please oh please!)

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

So this is the Monado's power...

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Aston posted:

So this is the Monado's power...

Wow, spoilers?!

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Vanrushal posted:

It looks like someone dumped a bunch of teal goo all over the Power Suit. And gave it arm blades for some reason. And Samus has terrible posture in it. It's pretty dumb all around.

These songs were also pretty great and I was very happy they were brought back for DKCR:

http://youtu.be/v18pEFQb3EM / http://youtu.be/QKaURxJ8GcI
http://youtu.be/jMoroEuJPA8 / http://youtu.be/i1oN2h8B_4E
I'm a fan of the fusion suit but I'll always prefer her power suit. The reason she's so hunched over is because of all the surgery she underwent and the suit was brightly coloured (the whole game was) because the GBAsp didn't exist yet.
I think it could be a really cool design if they refined it more

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Excels posted:

I think September's gonna be a difficult month even for those who do have a 3DS. As long as they don't live in Japan. :argh:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I don't really understand why they couldn't do a worldwide release. I'd have to imagine just about all the localization work is already done.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Oxyclean posted:

I don't really understand why they couldn't do a worldwide release. I'd have to imagine just about all the localization work is already done.

If I had to guess, it's probably to get a quick couple weeks of mass-scale play in to see if they need to get a day one patch out in time for the US release or something.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

RKYoshi

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

deadly_pudding posted:

If I had to guess, it's probably to get a quick couple weeks of mass-scale play in to see if they need to get a day one patch out in time for the US release or something.

Given how much of what we've seen of menus, at least, is already translated (and I really doubt it'd be that hard for them to have just gotten trophies and such done up in every language they'd need as they were doing them) I suspect it's entirely that play testing element.

I really, really hope they drop a demo on the US eShop at the same time as the Japanese release, though.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Sharing some good oldfashioned "Deconfirmation Rage"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The greatest thing about rage collages isn't even the amount of embarrassing effort each of them takes, it's that every single one of them is completely unreadable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

The greatest thing about rage collages isn't even the amount of embarrassing effort each of them takes, it's that every single one of them is completely unreadable.

you could just open them in a new tab so they aren't shrunk down.

>right click
>view image source

simple

• Locked thread