Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
I really miss Delpo. Last year's Wimbledon SF against Djokovic hasn't been topped in terms of quality at all this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Waynebo posted:

I really miss Delpo. Last year's Wimbledon SF against Djokovic hasn't been topped in terms of quality at all this year.
Djoker/Wawa AO QF would like to have a word with you. :colbert:

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.

Josh Lyman posted:

Djoker/Wawa AO QF would like to have a word with you. :colbert:

Yeah I forgot about that. You're right.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Is Robin Soderling ever going to come back?

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

ColdBlooded posted:

Is Robin Soderling ever going to come back?

No. He's too busy selling tennis balls.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Fed putting on a clinic in the early going. Bautista has no answer for Fed's net game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I like both Errani and Wozniacki, I don't know who to root for in this one

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Go Wozniacki. She was a given for so long to bomb in the majors, I'd love to see her snag one.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

These two night matches have been a right old damp squib.

Errani is never going to beat Woz from the back of the court, or with that weak first serve.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah, this match has been rather sad. Wozniacki's double aces were pretty nice though.

Edit: Normally I don't mind Azarenka but this tournament I considered her a villain (especially after hearing her "sing") so I am quite pleased that Makarova crushed it

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 3, 2014

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

doubling away the set. smh, stan.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

lol Nishikori you moron

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

The end of the third set was about who could melt down the fastest. Stan's UEs were more like the Classic Stan we all loved and hated.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
This is one long rear end match!

EDIT aaaand it's over :japan:

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 4, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

And Nishikori pulls it out. Goddamn, I wonder how exhausted he feels right now.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

And Nishikori pulls it out. Goddamn, I wonder how exhausted he feels right now.

Yeah, looked as he was too tired to celebrate. You're in the semis in a slam Kei!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

fancyclown posted:

Yeah, looked as he was too tired to celebrate. You're in the semis in a slam Kei!
He gets 3 days to recover, but I fear it won't be much of a contest whether he faces Djoker or Murray.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
On that note; come on Murray; win another game for us in the UK before Scottish independence.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Djokovic-Murray is turning into a brutal slugfest, over 2 hours for two sets and the scores are exact mirrors of each other, down to the tiebreak points

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

It's officially a pose-off on Ashe right now.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Man this just seems like a grinding war. 2 hours and 36 minutes to play two and a half sets is nuts.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

At first Murray just looked gassed but now I'm wondering whether his grunts aren't actual shrieks of pain.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Yup, Murray ran out of gas. A real shame as the way Murray was playing was great for a couple of hours.

Djokovic was a wall!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It's for the best. Murray had no chance against Fed in a final.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Heh, Makarova is in to the women's doubles finals with Vesnina as well as making the singles semifinals. Pretty solid tourney for her.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Man I love it when a player bitches at an umpire for a perceived bad call and then the replay shows the umpire was right. Love it. Made even sweeter now that Berdych's lost the game, too. :laugh: Hopefully Cilic wraps this up in straights.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Glare Seethe posted:

Man I love it when a player bitches at an umpire for a perceived bad call and then the replay shows the umpire was right. Love it. Made even sweeter now that Berdych's lost the game, too. :laugh: Hopefully Cilic wraps this up in straights.

Yeah, he's having one hell of a meltdown. Said some grade A rear end in a top hat things, too, I'm loving it.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Smirr posted:

Yeah, he's having one hell of a meltdown. Said some grade A rear end in a top hat things, too, I'm loving it.

Typical Berdych.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Berdy going 'you can't make that shot if you double bounce, have you ever played tennis?' to the umpire and then the replay showing the double bounce was the highlight of the stodgy match earlier. What a dick. Another good chance chucked away by Berdy.

Josh Lyman posted:

It's for the best. Murray had no chance against Fed in a final.

I disagree, not that it matters now. Federer doesn't have the unreal stamina Djokovic has and plays shorter points.

And it might not be Federer in the final if he keeps playing like this.

e: Roger, what are you doing :gonk:

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 5, 2014

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Fed sure is making this difficult on himself

foobat
Nov 26, 2008
man it's last year's Fed where it's more a question of whether his forehand will actually go over the net.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

foobat posted:

man it's last year's Fed where it's more a question of whether his forehand will actually go over the net.

All he needs now is to shank a few into the stands.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I didn't catch the first two sets of this match so did Monfils win them or did Federer shank them away? Monfils since I've been watching has been playing a lot more like people wished he did. He's been really offensive and hasn't be just pushing the ball around in nearly as many points as I'm used to seeing out of him.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Come on Monfils :(

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

ChaosReaper posted:

I didn't catch the first two sets of this match so did Monfils win them or did Federer shank them away?

I would say Monfils won them. He's been passing Federer consistently.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

LOL at Monfils drinking Coke on the changeover during the biggest match of his life.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Tacier posted:

LOL at Monfils drinking Coke on the changeover during the biggest match of his life.

I love Monfils so much

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

We may need a title change soon.

Also congrats OP on picking one of the QFs right, they're not unreasonable picks but wow, 7 out of the 8 women's picks didn't even make it that far

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
gently caress yeah Roger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Noooooooo

• Locked thread