Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That turkey is overcooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that walnut looks hungry

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Say Nothing posted:

But do you have butt striation yet?

does it expand like one of those sponges when you throw some water on it?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

But do you have butt striation yet?

ah yes going for the flayed look

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Justin Tyme posted:

ah yes going for the flayed look

:catstare:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

crossfit girls make for better motivation pics :colbert:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
A warning image about what happens if you exercise with machines.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Dips and pulldowns day. Time to go ewt fried food now

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

roymorrison posted:

Awww yeah, congrats. How big of a pr is that? 120k Jerk was my new years resolution haha, I'm stuck around 110

my pr is 127. I missed 137 like two lifts later.

I just filmed that to get on the whiteboard.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Live action Attack on Titan movie looking pretty good.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Agrajag posted:

does it expand like one of those sponges when you throw some water on it?

It's not too strange for a bodybuilder to gain 15-20 pounds in a week after a competition, in water and ice cream, so yes, kinda.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ah, fans of bulky not ripped.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
My dream physique is non-fat powerlifters or that one olympic lifter

this dude

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

the culminator posted:

this dude

any idea how tall he is?

edit: nevermind, i saw his name in the filename, ivan stoitsov. looks like he's 5'5

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

LifeSizePotato posted:

any idea how tall he is?

edit: nevermind, i saw his name in the filename, ivan stoitsov. looks like he's 5'5

who wants to be a midge?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Was planning to skip gym time because of cold. Colleague made me go anyway, and it is true: you never regret it afterwards.

Lifting at 80-90% capacity because you have a cold and realizing that you are lifting the same that you did at 100% two weeks ago is a wonderful thing.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Just go look at pictures of klokov he's a 6 footer. I clean and jerked 100kg for the first time since I hurt my back in April. I'm really happy despite the press out elbow. Feels good to actually be able to train again instead if "take it slow for a few more months".

http://youtu.be/QlB7yiNZSH8

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i can never concentrate with music blasting like that. for some reason i always set my radio to either the classical or jazz station, if i play any music at all.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 3, 2014

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

Agrajag posted:

i can never concentrate with music blasting like that. for some reason i always set my radio to either the classical or jazz station.

I like slow or no music when I'm snatching but I need it to clean and jerk, that poo poo is exhausting.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Saw some dudes spotting each other whilst benching on the smith machine....very odd.

In other news it was my first time squatting 105kg for 5sets of 5 and now I can't walk.

Feels good man.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Screw grunting or holding your breath. Human body shutting down sounds or get out. http://youtu.be/Jv3LaP137Cc

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

the culminator posted:

this dude
Chinese Olympic lifter Lü Xiaojun.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Say Nothing posted:

Chinese Olympic lifter Lü Xiaojun.

i've watched a few vids of this dude working out in his gym in china and the lack of extremely loud rock and roll or techno blasting in the background makes me smile.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Lubot isn't human. Go look at pictures of his collar bone. It's where they store his battery pack.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I got a funny story about Xiaojun:

I happen to go to the same gym as Xiaojun (China Gym). As roymorrison pointed out, he has a very robotic schedule: He spends precise amounts of time on every exercise and predictably rotates through the various gym stations like the hand on a clock. In fact, one time, something knocked him out of "sync" and he somehow got ahead of himself--when he realized this, he stood perfectly still for three entire minutes and just stared at a wall. No kidding. Like, he didn't blink or move or anything--just thousand-yard-stared into the wall.

Anyway, about thirty-six minutes into his routine, he will take a bathroom break (he consumes so much fluid throughout the day that he apparently urinates 14-15 times a day). So here goes Xiaojun, wandering into the bathroom. Usually his trainer will block the door and prevent anybody else from using the bathroom (something about "shame" or something) but on this particular day, nobody was assisting him. I want to get a closer look at this guy and see what his manufacture date is (so to speak), so I follow him in there.

There he is, squatting over a toilet like some kind of animal. His bare feet are planted on the seat and he is reaching up and giving the stall walls this furious death grip. He is already looking at me when I come around the corner. Admittedly, I'm startled by what I see...but I can't help but continue watching the spectacle. Suddenly there's this loud pop, and I see a dark blur launch out of Xiaojun's bottom and into the toilet with such ferocious speed that I instantly feel dizzy trying to parse what had just happened.

Xiaojun's still holding onto the stall walls, so he pulls himself up off of the toilet, his entire body rotates backwards and upside down, and then--as his arms are about to pop right out of their sockets--he drops himself head-first into the toilet.

Needless to say, I turned right back around and beat feet. I've never been back there.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 4, 2014

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The toilet thing probably has something to do with him having spherical thighs.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I got a funny story about Xiaojun:

I happen to go to the same gym as Xiaojun (China Gym). As roymorrison pointed out, he has a very robotic schedule: He spends precise amounts of time on every exercise and predictably rotates through the various gym stations like the hand on a clock. In fact, one time, something knocked him out of "sync" and he somehow got ahead of himself--when he realized this, he stood perfectly still for three entire minutes and just stared at a wall. No kidding. Like, he didn't blink or move or anything--just thousand-yard-stared into the wall.

Anyway, about thirty-six minutes into his routine, he will take a bathroom break (he consumes so much fluid throughout the day that he apparently urinates 14-15 times a day). So here goes Xiaojun, wandering into the bathroom. Usually his trainer will block the door and prevent anybody else from using the bathroom (something about "shame" or something) but on this particular day, nobody was assisting him. I want to get a closer look at this guy and see what his manufacture date is (so to speak), so I follow him in there.

There he is, squatting over a toilet like some kind of animal. His bare feet are planted on the seat and he is reaching up and giving the stall walls this furious death grip. He is already looking at me when I come around the corner. Admittedly, I'm startled by what I see...but I can't help but continue watching the spectacle. Suddenly there's this loud pop, and I see a dark blur launch out of Xiaojun's bottom and into the toilet with such ferocious speed that I instantly feel dizzy trying to parse what had just happened.

Xiaojun's still holding onto the stall walls, so he pulls himself up off of the toilet, his entire body rotates backwards and upside down, and then--as his arms are about to pop right out of their sockets--he drops himself head-first into the toilet.

Needless to say, I turned right back around and beat feet. I've never been back there.

weird

i thought i was the only one that did this

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hey guys i picked up 500 pounds

i also yell real loudly because i got excited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbZ_PK5TJa4

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That was a decent yell.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

drat man, good job! that's a lot of kilograms

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also I weight 84k so the triple body weight deadlift is within sight.

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
That's fuckin impressive.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I weigh about the same as you and i wish i could lift 500 pounds

ur my goonhero

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

FizFashizzle posted:

Also I weight 84k so the triple body weight deadlift is within sight.

I'm proud of you

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Thanks dad

DUNCAN DONUTS
Mar 27, 2010

by XyloJW

FizFashizzle posted:

hey guys i picked up 500 pounds

i also yell real loudly because i got excited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbZ_PK5TJa4

So you're working out and getting buff so you are strong to do what?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Being strong feels good, man

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
The Rock has bad shrug form.

Adbot