Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Getting this as well.
Well there is a setting to allow for SALR to readjust the page, but I'm not sure why it would be jumping to the top of a page unless every post on that page was unread?

e: and of course I use this post as a test, and it's at the top of a new page anyway. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It definitely seems to be an SALR thing. With SALR disabled, SA's native post reanchoring thing works, and doesn't jump to the top of the page with it on or off. With SALR enabled, it jumps to the top of pages I've posted in, regardless of whether the SALR "Adjust WIndow Position" option is enabled or disabled.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

dik-dik posted:

Are User Notes broken for anyone else? When I click "Edit Note" I get the popup, and I can fill it out, click OK, and the popup disappears. And then... nothing happens.

Rohaq posted:

Yep, seeing the same issue here. It seems to go away if I disable the Chrome Sync though.

Maybe Chrome Syncing isn't happening for some reason?

Spaced God posted:

I dunno if this is a known issue, but making/changing/deleting user notes doesn't work for me. I press delete/apply but nothing happens. For instance, I can't delete or modify your note, nor can I add notes to users.
Version 36.0.1985.143 m

This should be fixed for everyone in 2.1.6.2 which I just pushed out.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It definitely seems to be an SALR thing. With SALR disabled, SA's native post reanchoring thing works, and doesn't jump to the top of the page with it on or off. With SALR enabled, it jumps to the top of pages I've posted in, regardless of whether the SALR "Adjust WIndow Position" option is enabled or disabled.
Could you describe what's going on a bit better? Are you posting to a thread, and it's jumping to the top of the page regardless of whether or not there's new posts? Does it always jump to the newest unread post? etc.

Right now, I'm still not quite sure what's wrong as this post I just made, SALR jumped right to it properly.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 1, 2014

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Master_Odin posted:

Awesome! Just updated, but now there's no "edit note" button :confused:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

Could you describe what's going on a bit better? Are you posting to a thread, and it's jumping to the top of the page regardless of whether or not there's new posts? Does it always jump to the newest unread post? etc.

Right now, I'm still not quite sure what's wrong as this post I just made, SALR jumped right to it properly.
It's got to be a combination of settings that's causing the issue because it works fine for me as well.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I've been adding usernotes for people; the notes show if I refresh the same page where I added the notes, but if I close the tab and return to the same thread, the notes are gone. Is there something I need to do to get usernotes to stick? What troubleshooting information can I get you to pin this down further?

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

Still showing 2.1.6.1 on the Chrome Web Store here.

Also, it's still showing 2.1.5 on the Configure SALR page: You should be able to have this version number autoupdate using:

JavaScript code:
chrome.app.getDetails().version;
I'd add it myself, but it's late, and I don't feel like setting up Chrome for the dev version right now :P

EDIT: Actually, looks like that may have been deprecated. I haven't done anything extension related in a long time - But I'm sure it's still possible. Probably using chrome.runtime.getManifest() and doing something like the following:
JavaScript code:
var manifest = chrome.runtime.getManifest();
var extension_version = manifest.version;
Then print extension_version as needed.

Rohaq fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 3, 2014

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Could we have two keybindings to get back to the User CP page?
- One that takes us there from anywhere in a thread (U?)
- Optionally: hitting J on the last page of a thread goes to User CP

Edit: I'm in one of the regions affected by the CloudFlare image verification crap that started almost a year back. Essentially: every 30 mins or cloudflare will stop serving all static assets (images, css) until you pass a captcha. Very annoying.

Would SALR be able to detect the unavailability of a common asset and open a non-cached load of a common image - sa-edit.gif, say - in a new tab? That would ease the drudgery of getting to the captcha page, which by now is quite an annoying ritual.

Even a keybinding that kicked off "fetch sa-edit.gif in a fresh tab, bypassing browser cache" would be a very useful feature.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Sep 3, 2014

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
Yeah, this is a good point. Implemented it for the next version as this is useful in keeping that page up-to-date. Just needed a slight change to the Changelog going forward so it still links to the right version.

v1ld posted:

Could we have two keybindings to get back to the User CP page?
- One that takes us there from anywhere in a thread (U?)
- Optionally: hitting J on the last page of a thread goes to User CP

Edit: I'm in one of the regions affected by the CloudFlare image verification crap that started almost a year back. Essentially: every 30 mins or cloudflare will stop serving all static assets (images, css) until you pass a captcha. Very annoying.

Would SALR be able to detect the unavailability of a common asset and open a non-cached load of a common image - sa-edit.gif, say - in a new tab? That would ease the drudgery of getting to the captcha page, which by now is quite an annoying ritual.

Even a keybinding that kicked off "fetch sa-edit.gif in a fresh tab, bypassing browser cache" would be a very useful feature.
I think trying to find a failure of a loading of a common assist might be a bit costly to do as it's essentially looping through every image to find a failure. I like the idea of just adding a hotkey for it. Do you have a preference for what it might?

(Also, added U to go to UserCP. Debating on adding the J one. Perhaps add a setting for it.)

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Would it be possible to not load, or at least hide, images in already-read posts? I've probably asked for this before.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Master_Odin posted:

I like the idea of just adding a hotkey for it. Do you have a preference for what it might?

(Also, added U to go to UserCP. Debating on adding the J one. Perhaps add a setting for it.)

Great! How about 'C' for (gently caress Cloudflare) CDN?

Yeah, the J one is debatable at the least. Thanks much for the others!

nuvan
Mar 29, 2008

And the gentle call of the feral 3am "Everything is going so well you can't help but panic."

Javid posted:

Would it be possible to not load, or at least hide, images in already-read posts? I've probably asked for this before.

Isn't that what the Images-to-Links option does, in the Image Display Options section?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I think that would apply to all images, not just those in read posts.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
It has a sub-setting to only affect read posts.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I've been adding usernotes for people; the notes show if I refresh the same page where I added the notes, but if I close the tab and return to the same thread, the notes are gone. Is there something I need to do to get usernotes to stick? What troubleshooting information can I get you to pin this down further?

Anything? It's still happening; I added a note to myself and it was there for two refreshes and now it's not.

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 6, 2014

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
I've had issues with the "Watch Later" function on embedded Youtube videos. When I click the button it always gives a "!" and won't add to my watch later queue. I've checked other sites, and it looks like when I hover over the watch later button it'll say "Watch later as [username]" but not on the SA forums.

Has this come up before? I looked through a few pages, haven't seen anything about it.

I'm on Chrome Version 37.0.2062.103 m with SA Redux Ver. 2.1.6.3

Edit: Had no idea there was a newer version. Updated the extension, but the issue remains.

TheArtist 314 fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Sep 7, 2014

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Flagrama posted:

It has a sub-setting to only affect read posts.

Brilliant. Thanks!

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

TheArtist 314 posted:

I've had issues with the "Watch Later" function on embedded Youtube videos. When I click the button it always gives a "!" and won't add to my watch later queue. I've checked other sites, and it looks like when I hover over the watch later button it'll say "Watch later as [username]" but not on the SA forums.

Has this come up before? I looked through a few pages, haven't seen anything about it.

I'm on Chrome Version 37.0.2062.103 m with SA Redux Ver. 2.1.6.3

Edit: Had no idea there was a newer version. Updated the extension, but the issue remains.
Isn't this because SA strips out the cookie for YouTube?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Master_Odin posted:

Also, added U to go to UserCP.

Thanks for this!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is there a reason that it goes to usercp.php instead of bookmarkthreads.php? Bookmarkthreads.php has a bigger font and less wasted space.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009
I had to turn keyboard shortcuts off because pressing U while writing a reply always redirected back to the user control panel.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

hirvox posted:

I had to turn keyboard shortcuts off because pressing U while writing a reply always redirected back to the user control panel.

I also have this problem. I'm on a Swedish keyboard if that makes a difference.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
and both of you can still type stuff like J or r or k and not have it change the page on you? The logic for allowing those hot keys is the same as the logic for allowing u to work and all of them should be disabled when you open the Quick Reply box. (and it does for me)

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

LastInLine posted:

Isn't this because SA strips out the cookie for YouTube?

Is that so? I can use "Watch Later" without issue on Firefox. Ah well, just a 3rd-world-problem thing, not a big issue. Was just curious if there was a fix of some kind.

Edit: Found a bit of a workaround. Disabling embedded video through User Account Options, then letting SALR convert links into an inline-player seems to do the trick. Maybe some sad goon can now "Watch Later" at work without clicking the link itself.

It's me. I'm the sad goon :smith:

TheArtist 314 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 8, 2014

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Master_Odin posted:

and both of you can still type stuff like J or r or k and not have it change the page on you? The logic for allowing those hot keys is the same as the logic for allowing u to work and all of them should be disabled when you open the Quick Reply box. (and it does for me)

I can use both K and J but not u.

I have Quick Reply disabled, though. When I use that and try to make a [ it automatically makes the entire

code:
[list]
[*]
[/list]
show up. But only if I have "Enable quick format keys" enabled, apparently. I can write u in the quick reply box.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

Master_Odin posted:

Yes, same as Man with Hat. All other keys except U work. Quick Reply works, the regular newreply.php doesn't.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
Should be fixed

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Manky posted:

Use AdBlock Plus. A few years ago I had a mighty extensive list blocking every MSPaint Adventures avatar I saw. Click the menu button, select "Block element," click the offending image.

Thanks!

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

Master_Odin posted:

Should be fixed
Yep, it works now. Thanks.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I'm not sure if this is a Chrome problem, or somehow an SALR problem, but I recently reinstalled Windows and Chrome, and now when I open Chrome with my last used tabs open (UCP always being one of them), my UCP doesn't refresh, it still shows everything as read until I refresh the page. I recall having this problem a long time ago but at some point it was fixed and I have no clue how.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I'm not sure if this is a Chrome problem, or somehow an SALR problem, but I recently reinstalled Windows and Chrome, and now when I open Chrome with my last used tabs open (UCP always being one of them), my UCP doesn't refresh, it still shows everything as read until I refresh the page. I recall having this problem a long time ago but at some point it was fixed and I have no clue how.
That's just loading the page from Chrome's cache. I get the same thing on other websites too.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Help, things look weird now

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
^ Same here. Also fonts for the last read stuff are bolded/too large/spacing is off

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Better to wait until they're done playing with all the stuff before fixing it, I'd imagine.

The new fonts sure are ugly though.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Is it just me or does every time you go into a thread with unread posts the mouse gestures cease to work? They won't even toggle with Option.

Edit: And now it seems to be working correctly again.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
How does checking if someone is a mod work? I just saw someone who was highlighted in orange briefly and I want to know how it knew - it's usually really fast at picking up stuff so maybe they were modded briefly, but it's since gone away.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it, there's a "mods" div

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 26, 2014

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Single post view button overflows the timestamp onto a second line on Chrome 37 Stable; maybe on other versions or Opera, but I've checked neither. Probably tied to style sheet changes.

Workaround: Uncheck Thread Options > "Enable single post view button"
(Reminder for other users: You can get to the config page from the Configure SALR link in the forums header or the Options link under SALR Redux on Chrome's extension settings page.)

Also, I don't know if there's any way to regenerate thread titles on single posts, since right now it's just a post out of context and the only way to get back to the thread is to hit the filter-by-user button and unfilter on the next page (ideally after finding the reply with the same timestamp or post ID as the one you started from so you can get back to the page it's on - normally it drops you on page 1 of the user's posts, and I don't know if this is forums or SALRr behavior).

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Sep 30, 2014

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Single post view button overflows the timestamp onto a second line on Chrome 37 Stable; maybe on other versions or Opera, but I've checked neither. Probably tied to style sheet changes.

Workaround: Uncheck Thread Options > "Enable single post view button"
(Reminder for other users: You can get to the config page from the Configure SALR link in the forums header or the Options link under SALR Redux on Chrome's extension settings page.)

Also, I don't know if there's any way to regenerate thread titles on single posts, since right now it's just a post out of context and the only way to get back to the thread is to hit the filter-by-user button and unfilter on the next page (ideally after finding the reply with the same timestamp or post ID as the one you started from so you can get back to the page it's on - normally it drops you on page 1 of the user's posts, and I don't know if this is forums or SALRr behavior).
It might be a good idea to drop the single post view button altogether as the layout has been broken on it since the time we went to the new stylesheets and it no longer displays correctly when you link it to Something or Awful.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Anyone lose their "Open all unread messages" link in the User CP? I have the option selected in the SALR settings but that useful button is gone all of a sudden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

eriddy posted:

Anyone lose their "Open all unread messages" link in the User CP? I have the option selected in the SALR settings but that useful button is gone all of a sudden.

Check in the table header for the Title of threads. It ended up there for me.

• Locked thread