Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Its an ugly toy that, I assume, makes silly noises. If you want to part with your money so badly just burn it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Cliff Racer posted:

Its an ugly toy that, I assume, makes silly noises. If you want to part with your money so badly just burn it.

I think you might be in the wrong thread, friend.

ANyway, upon the prodding of thread poster Jivjov, I am now the possessor of a Heavenly Device GripPhone.

Solaris Knight fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 2, 2014

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Well we finally understand how the shift car gimmick in Drive will work.

Put it in the wrist mount, twist the back, and shift it forward (into Park? :confused: )

And a new gimmick figure line ala Arms Change.

Shift cars will come with their tire to use with the figure. The orange shift car is packed with the Driver, green with the shift car belt add-on, purple with his weird-rear end sports car.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's supposed to be a throttle, not a shift lever, I think.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
How many goddamn cars have throttles.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Does Hibiki's executive meddling in the latter parts mess with the overall enjoyment of the show?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Modern Day Hercules posted:

How many goddamn cars have throttles.

I'm just saying that's the only way it makes sense.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

WickedHate posted:

Does Hibiki's executive meddling in the latter parts mess with the overall enjoyment of the show?

Kinda, yeah. The show takes a turn for the worse for sure. I mean it's still my favorite Rider series but I completely understand the people who dislike it simply because of episode 31 and beyond.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Twelve by Pies posted:

Kinda, yeah. The show takes a turn for the worse for sure. I mean it's still my favorite Rider series but I completely understand the people who dislike it simply because of episode 31 and beyond.

drat, that sucks. I was thinking about doing it after I finish Ryuki. The helmet looks so cool, and drumsticks(gongsticks?) as weapons is badass.

On a positive note though, Ryuki kicks rear end. I am in love with the idea of Rider Wars.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Too bad Ryuki isn't subbed by a good group AFAIK.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
TV Nihon's hasn't been so bad so far, but without professionals like Aesir going through and pointing stuff out, I'm probably just not noticing stuff.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

WickedHate posted:

TV Nihon's hasn't been so bad so far, but without professionals like Aesir going through and pointing stuff out, I'm probably just not noticing stuff.

We're far from professionals. Just careful, at best.

Have you checked if OnoreTVN has a Ryuki tag? Most of the stuff in there is just halfassed translation and bad editing, though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Caphi posted:

Have you checked if OnoreTVN has a Ryuki tag? Most of the stuff in there is just halfassed translation and bad editing, though.

Ahh, I totally forgot the name of that blog or I would have. The critsism and poo poo here is real interesting to. The complexities of it are fun to read about.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Are there any examples of TV-Nihon Cancer Zodiark out there I could see without having to download their subs? Reading Over-time's team describe all the weird things in the original text was really interesting and I doubt TV-Nihon didn't butcher the character.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Perhaps the saddest photoshop there's ever been

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Literally The Worst posted:

I'm just saying that's the only way it makes sense.

I want to give it the benefit of the doubt and assume the wrist mount can spin, so he actually pulls the car back toward him. But we'll see in a few weeks.

Edit: Oh! What if pushing it forward is like slotting a memory or cosmic switch, but the actual transformation isn't until you pull it back?

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 2, 2014

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Are there any examples of TV-Nihon Cancer Zodiark out there I could see without having to download their subs? Reading Over-time's team describe all the weird things in the original text was really interesting and I doubt TV-Nihon didn't butcher the character.

We had a couple of them. This and this. Our blogger who was watching Fourze on TVN gave in before she got to Cancer, so we don't have much.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Can Of Worms posted:

This week's ToQger spoiler: That upgrade form. CHOO CHOO! Too bad we won't see it in action until next week.

That design...Why?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Xelkelvos posted:

That design...Why?

Are you legitimately shocked that ToQger has something with a terrible design?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Wow, that is... really, really ugly. But then its par for the course following Carnival mode, Gold Mode and even the Gobuster battle bras.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cliff Racer posted:

Wow, that is... really, really ugly. But then its par for the course following Carnival mode, Gold Mode and even the Gobuster battle bras.
Gold Mode was ugly in an amazing way, that's just boring ugly.
Also Carnival owned and they should have done more with it. (More different poo poo, not used it more)

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

I feel like the super modes have been spinning downwards in quality since the time of SWAT Mode, Legend Magiranger and Super Gekiranger. Don't know what's happened to Toei/Plex since then.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Gold Mode is great and I will hear no objections to it. Next you're gonna say you hate Decade Complete.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Gold mode was meh.
Goooooldoooo modeeeeeeeee was great

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Solaris Knight posted:

Next you're gonna say you hate Decade Complete.

Decade Complete is terrible which is a shame because his base design is pretty much perfection.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Solaris Knight posted:

Next you're gonna say you hate Decade Complete.

Decade Complete would be so much better if it didn't have his own card on his own drat forehead. It's an infinite recursion of terrible.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Decade is an awful, ugly design, and Decade Complete only makes it worse.

Gold Mode is pretty sweet though.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

DiscoJ posted:

I feel like the super modes have been spinning downwards in quality since the time of SWAT Mode, Legend Magiranger and Super Gekiranger. Don't know what's happened to Toei/Plex since then.

What on earth is wrong with you. Super shinken red you fool

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I'm so overjoyed I have my dumb blue and gold plastic toy. Next on the list is probably whatever name Ucchy's changer is :getin:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Solaris Knight posted:

I'm so overjoyed I have my dumb blue and gold plastic toy. Next on the list is probably whatever name Ucchy's changer is :getin:

Gaburichanger I think.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So Asakura is basically Kamen Rider Carnage. That's awesome.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

jivjov posted:

Gaburichanger I think.

I suspected so. The Sixth Rangers are the best so of course they get the best Changers :colbert:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Solaris Knight posted:

I suspected so. The Sixth Rangers are the best so of course they get the best Changers :colbert:

You can't buy the Gaburichanger and not get Zandar Thunder.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Cernunnos posted:

You can't buy the Gaburichanger and not get Zandar Thunder.

I forgot about Zandar Thunder :sigh:

Honestly, it'll be a tossup between Gaburichanger or Giga Gaburevolver. Silver, Gold, and Cyan are the best Kyroryugers in my opinion.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Solaris Knight posted:

I forgot about Zandar Thunder :sigh:

Honestly, it'll be a tossup between Gaburichanger or Giga Gaburevolver. Silver, Gold, and Cyan are the best Kyroryugers in my opinion.
Giga Gaburevolver has the best fuckin henshin sound ever.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That upgrade looks way better to me than Carnival, and will probably be utilized better, so no problems here.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 6, 2014

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I had excess time this weekend with nothing to do, so I caught up on Rider movies.

I checked out Wizard in Magic Land because of positive hype and it was surprisingly great. Solid plot and cool as hell action scenes. Infinity didn't look super dumb in a fight, finally. Haruto had a personality too for once. Maybe Wizard would've been a good TV series if it had some focus like the movie did. Just maybe. The staff who worked on the film seems to be near identical to the series too, so I wonder what happened there. Maybe the show had too much executive meddling because there was never any coherent vision, unlike in the movie. Or it was a total fluke, more likely. The Golden Wizard design is super cool too. I've also forgotten how much I like Beast. He needs his own sequel movie like Accel got. He's such a bro.

The Kamen Rider Gaim x Wizard movie was okay enough. It was pretty stupid for the most part and felt like your standard low-effort Rider crossover, honestly. Mostly forgettable fluff. Definitely not Movie War Ultimatum or even Megamax quality. But that's what happens when Sakamoto isn't involved. I felt like the writers totally forgot (or didn't care about) Gaim's plot details too. The Gaim cast would regularly act out-of-character. Like Micchy and Takatora seemed to not know each other, even when untransformed and talking. Uh okay... That's what I expect when you have Some Guy writing Gaim material and not Urobuchi or another core staffer. But that's a bridge too far. I don't get why the movie Phantom wasn't a bigger factor too. He was a more interesting concept than zzzz War God Gaim.

I hope the Drive x Gaim crossover is much more substantial.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 6, 2014

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Killer Queen posted:

I've also forgotten how much I like Beast. He needs his own sequel movie like Accel got. He's such a bro.

Seconding this.

Hell, I wish we'd get more Kamen Rider Returns movies period.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Killer Queen posted:

I felt like the writers totally forgot (or didn't care about) Gaim's plot details too. The Gaim cast would regularly act out-of-character. Like Micchy and Takatora seemed to not know each other, even when untransformed and talking. Uh okay...

Stuff like that happens so early in the show's run that they often contradict important plot points because some haven't been established. I'm remembering back in the Apis arc of One Piece when Luffy asked if Zoro could cut some steel chains and Zoro said "My swords can cut anything!" and does so easily. Then later on it turns out that whoops, Zoro not being able to cut steel is an important plot point.

The Gaim movies take place in alternate universes though, so eh. Same with how it was a major plot point that Yggdrasil was trying to keep the cracks and Inves a secret from the population, and in the movie a bunch open during the Beat Riders dance-off being broadcasted. Just gotta remember most Rider movies happen in alternate universes, the only exceptions are W, Fourze, Den-O, Decade, and sort of Ryuki and Kabuto. Possibly Wizard too but I don't really care enough to double-check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Twelve by Pies posted:

Just gotta remember most Rider movies happen in alternate universes, the only exceptions are W, Fourze, Den-O, Decade, and sort of Ryuki and Kabuto. Possibly Wizard too but I don't really care enough to double-check.

Yeah, I keep forgetting how Rider movies are "non-canon", unless explicitly said otherwise. But it's still jarring to think of Takatora not being Micchy's brother, considering what happens in the episodes prior to and preceding the movie's premiere date. Wizard movies take place in alternate universes too, even if Wizard in Magic Land could have happened. Except that the TV series doesn't acknowledge it. Nothing that happens in the movie contradicts the events of the show. Incidentally, Fateful Sengoku Movie Battle seems to occur chronologically after the Wizard crossover episodes because Haruto recognizes Kouta. It's kinda like OOO where the movies follow each other, but never acknowledge (and contradict) the series in any way.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 7, 2014

• Locked thread