Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Dear France,

Please accept my student visa. Pepé Le Pew was my favorite cartoon as a kid.

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Heads up, it's pretty easy to find this guy if you search for him, you might wanna edit that picture.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

mng posted:

a UK friend of mine shared a giant post about Joe Arpaio and how he's invested and taken over animals shelters and have inmates care for them. She's from the UK so I don't think she understands just now lovely he treats his inmates in general. It's like 4 screens long, so I made an album for them instead.

http://imgur.com/a/ac8nm

I wrote a reply basically saying that owning a slave camp and denying people basic human rights in a loving county jail, doesn't really out-weigh that he like animals. gently caress that guy with his stupid tank.

e: it was shared with that crappy formatting.

Ask her what she thinks of his department killing and maiming people in his jails (costing the county $43 million and counting) or their failure to investigate hundreds of sexual assaults that had been reported by Latinos. How he isn't in jail already, let alone why he keeps getting elected, is mind boggling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maricopa_County_Sheriff%27s_Office_controversies

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

trapped mouse posted:

Heads up, it's pretty easy to find this guy if you search for him, you might wanna edit that picture.

Fixed, thanks.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

This is trending now. I don't want to touch the poop, but I'm so tempted to comment.

"I think he proposes an interesting solution. However, I'm not making any conclusions until I've heard Mama June from Honey Boo Boo and NeNe from Real Housewives weigh in on the issue."

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

duffmensch posted:

Ask her what she thinks of his department killing and maiming people in his jails (costing the county $43 million and counting) or their failure to investigate hundreds of sexual assaults that had been reported by Latinos. How he isn't in jail already, let alone why he keeps getting elected, is mind boggling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maricopa_County_Sheriff%27s_Office_controversies

I would have looked up those kind of facts, but I bowed out as her mind was set. Within minutes she was circle jerking with friends after I said my piece about how they're all animals anyway.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The really pretentious dude I posted about like a month ago has a couple of things to say.

The other day it was:

When someone suggested Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy taught the residents of Bikini Bottom English, he responded:

quote:

So all this means that the life of Spongebob and his involvement in the upscaling of underwater capitalism through his employment at an establishment such as the Krusty Krabs, and the instilling of greed in the aquatic world evident through Mr Crab's attitude all started because two American superheroes spread English in Bikini Bottom which opened the underwater world's gateway to all the vices of the modern western world. An example of aquatic colonialism with strong linguistic roots.
He's the perfect goon.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Henchman of Santa posted:

He's the perfect goon.

No kidding. You should buy your tryhard armchair philosopher friend an account. Seems like the kind of guy who would post really important opinions in all the subforums and then post in QCS asking how to upvote his own posts.

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?
I have a surplus of idiots as friends on Facebook:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
If people try to seriously debate circumcision in here I'm going to be so disappointed.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ThatPazuzu posted:

If people try to seriously debate circumcision in here I'm going to be so disappointed.

Thanks for cutting it short.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How does she arrive at "losing my son"?

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?
She's also anti-vaccine, so you can imagine the amount of poo poo that ends up on my news feed.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
"Sigh. None of this is true." Fuckin' owned, kid.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

volts5000 posted:

This is trending now. I don't want to touch the poop, but I'm so tempted to comment.

"I think he proposes an interesting solution. However, I'm not making any conclusions until I've heard Mama June from Honey Boo Boo and NeNe from Real Housewives weigh in on the issue."

In case anyone is curious, his awesome idea is "convert them to Christianity or kill them,", which is so laughably ironic that you can actually feel it.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

IceAgeComing posted:

so a friend posted this on facebook...

"It is not a childrens cartoon, for many of us it is our lives."

That is quite possibly the saddest sentence I've ever read on the internet.

Goddammit mum don't share this bullshit.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Ludicro posted:

Do people think Muslims are vampires and pork is their garlic or something?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Spalec posted:

Yes. They really do. My favorite product in the whole world is this.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Yes. They really do. My favorite product in the whole world is this.

The stupidest thing is that eating pork is fine for them if they have nothing else to eat. So if they're trapped and the only thing to eat is a bacon sandwich, they can eat that. Just like they're allowed to eat during ramadan if they're elderly, or ill, or pregnant and suchlike.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Spalec posted:

Someone in the politoon thread came up with Ham Stoker's Dracallah.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Slime posted:

The stupidest thing is that eating pork is fine for them if they have nothing else to eat. So if they're trapped and the only thing to eat is a bacon sandwich, they can eat that. Just like they're allowed to eat during ramadan if they're elderly, or ill, or pregnant and suchlike.

I'm pretty sure these people expect Muslims to die all Buffy-style when you shoot them with these bullets, so why would they even go so far as to read/understand the religion?

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I'm pretty sure these people expect Muslims to die all Buffy-style when you shoot them with these bullets, so why would they even go so far as to read/understand the religion?

In fairness, I'm pretty sure that bullets coated in pig blood will kill most muslims, jews, and even christians.

(not so sure about Buddhists though - they might just be invincible)

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Ludicro posted:

"Muslims try to build a mosque to celebrate their faith, find the community is full of racist assholes and realize it isn't worth the fight"

But I'm depending on the incident even being true, which makes me the Idiot I suppose.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Sanguinary Novel posted:

But I'm depending on the incident even being true, which makes me the Idiot I suppose.

It's true in that the things portrayed mostly happened...

There is a paragraph of the story that is ommitted though:

quote:

But all of this failed to halt the initiative. In the end, the mosque construction was indeed stopped, but only because the backers couldn't secure the property deals they needed to allow it to go forward, mainly due to pressure on the property owners from local people.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Sanguinary Novel posted:

"Muslims try to build a mosque to celebrate their faith, find the community is full of racist assholes and realize it isn't worth the fight"

Not like a Spanish town hasn't done something extremely racist before: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castrillo_Mota_de_Jud%C3%ADos

quote:

Until May 2014, the name of the town was Castrillo Matajudíos, an approximate translation of which is "Kill-Jews Camp."

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Irradiation posted:

Not like a Spanish town hasn't done something extremely racist before: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castrillo_Mota_de_Jud%C3%ADos

That is amazing.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
...15 square inches of baby foreskin??

Imagined posted:

Blue is me. This is on a Facebook group for local garage sales in my town. Her response to my last comment was "lol". I guess the idiot here is me for touching the poop instead of just flagging it, hiding it, and moving on.

These types of people always think the rules don't apply to them. They'll always be the first to complain if they receive spam, though. I'm part of a very specific club that has a facebook group for things that are important and relevant but not official club business. A woman posted asking if she could post something that she really supported and thought we might like... she was told go ahead, as long as it wasn't spam and she wasn't get anything out of it. She goes and posts a link to a somewhat relevant cruise (think of it as a cruise for people who like american made cars, while we're a club for a specific make/model/decade). Not just a link, but she copy/pastes every single page of the website. Except she cuts out the parts about making $100 for each person who mentions you when booking, and instead says multiple times that you should mention her.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Irradiation posted:

Man, it's like the Renaissance Spaniards were actively trying to breach the barrier between racist and Ultra-Racist. Someone needs to tell folks they don't get superpowers for making that jump.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
A hardcore right-winger getting riled up by an obvious troll in the form of a pro-Obama macro.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
If you really want to piss him off call Obama a mediocre center right wing president.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Toriori posted:

In case anyone is curious, his awesome idea is "convert them to Christianity or kill them,", which is so laughably ironic that you can actually feel it.

I should note here that "Adam"'s page is full of crazy. Deepak Chopra quotes and a lot of stuff that sounds like "lightworker" poo poo. Not surprising that she would spontaneously decide that actually saying "convert them to Christianity" was just a metaphor.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Man even people who don't like Obama are calling out anti Obama memes

but of course then comes the obamacare comment

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Amused to Death posted:

but of course then comes the obamacare comment
"Out of context, but correct" is the new "Fake But Accurate".

EDIT: I mean that in that saying "this is not a real thing, but is indicative of the truth" is meaningless if you don't back it up with anything to prove that indication.

Kugyou no Tenshi has a new favorite as of 07:25 on Sep 4, 2014

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Toriori posted:

He's already got the massive beard as well.

I'd say there's a clear and consistent correlation but to my knowledge ZZ Top have never forcibly converted anyone so it's not quite watertight.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

He's already got the massive beard as well.

I'd say there's a clear and consistent correlation but to my knowledge ZZ Top have never forcibly converted anyone so it's not quite watertight.

The duck commander Robinson family are just as good at fleecing money from racist white people as a certain different Robinson family that governs a right wing forum. :freep:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's ugly as poo poo on you, kid. Sorry.

The facial expression doesn't help.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Picnic Princess posted:

It's ugly as poo poo on you, kid. Sorry.

The facial expression doesn't help.

I really like his mom's kitchen.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
At least he got fedora right and not a trilby. The rest is still a load of piss-soaked poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

"Wearing a fedora has no impact on my attitudes toward other people, boy do I hate feminists for suggesting that."

• Locked thread