Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ixian posted:

I didn't know about the Nordic workaround - looked it up, VPN, pre-paid Visa card, don't know how that would work any experiences? Probably can't post publically here, I'm sure.

And yes, getting HBO shows for free is quite easy, and in some cases a lot easier, but call me a romantic, I like knowing I'm paying them for the value I get. Just wish the cable monopolies didn't have them so locked down in the US that I have to pay more than them.

I don't know who your cableco is, but in my area cox will just let you bundle HBO or Starz on-demand logins with internet service for only a little more than the internet service itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Thermopyle posted:

Pay them, and then get them the easier way.

This, a million times this.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Was the next version of XBMC supposed to have built in emulation support and organization? I remember they saying it would be in a future, if not next, version of XBMC. So I'm wondering if it will be in there when Kodi starts.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

IUG posted:

Was the next version of XBMC supposed to have built in emulation support and organization? I remember they saying it would be in a future, if not next, version of XBMC. So I'm wondering if it will be in there when Kodi starts.

There is a fork of 13 that has it working that you could get off their forums. I am not sure if it will make it in to the official builds or not.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Lowen SoDium posted:

There is a fork of 13 that has it working that you could get off their forums. I am not sure if it will make it in to the official builds or not.

It was SUPPOSED to be in 13 but never actually got in.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
It's still a while off from being in the official build, from what I've read.

I've been using the retroarch addon on my openelec box, and it has been great.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Atarian posted:

It's still a while off from being in the official build, from what I've read.

I've been using the retroarch addon on my openelec box, and it has been great.

Which build are you using? Googling reveals a bunch of compiled ones, not sure which one to grab.

Were you able to solve the infinitely flashing lights on the wireless Xbox 360 stick?

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

The Gunslinger posted:

Which build are you using? Googling reveals a bunch of compiled ones, not sure which one to grab.

Were you able to solve the infinitely flashing lights on the wireless Xbox 360 stick?

I'm using this one that someone posted on the openelec forums retroarch 4.0.7

This version fixes a lot of controller issues with wiimotes and the like. It was the only way I could get my http://nes30.com controller working.

The same guy that made this retroarch build is working on turning this emulator Linux distro into an openelec addon. http://www.lakka.tv/

I read something on the openelec forum about steamOS having an updated xpad driver that solved the 360 controller flashing. And that has either been included in the dev builds of openelec, or it will be soon. I can try out my 360 controller when I get a chance.

gargamale
Oct 11, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Atarian posted:

I'm using this one that someone posted on the openelec forums retroarch 4.0.7

This version fixes a lot of controller issues with wiimotes and the like. It was the only way I could get my http://nes30.com controller working.

The same guy that made this retroarch build is working on turning this emulator Linux distro into an openelec addon. http://www.lakka.tv/

I read something on the openelec forum about steamOS having an updated xpad driver that solved the 360 controller flashing. And that has either been included in the dev builds of openelec, or it will be soon. I can try out my 360 controller when I get a chance.

Holy crap, I had never seen that NES30 before! Ordered immediately. Thank you for mentioning this! I feel like the NES controller was the best ever made and the NES30 even has L and R. Man, I can't wait!

Bank
Feb 20, 2004

gargamale posted:

Holy crap, I had never seen that NES30 before! Ordered immediately. Thank you for mentioning this! I feel like the NES controller was the best ever made and the NES30 even has L and R. Man, I can't wait!
I almost jumped the gun too, but it looks comically small:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roTBqh6LGfQ

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Bank posted:

I almost jumped the gun too, but it looks comically small:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roTBqh6LGfQ

The original nes controller is pretty small. Thats almost the exact same size.

NES
Dimensions
2.17 inches (h)
4.92 inches (w)
0.67 inches (d)

NES30
2.09 inches (h)
4.86 inches (w)
0.62 inches (d)

Don Lapre fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 25, 2014

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
Wow.

I'm just now realizing I've grown up, and the controller will never be as big as I remember.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
They look like big, good, strong hands, don't they?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Is anyone successfully using PseudoTV Live on the Amazon Fire? It keeps crashing for me after a few channel switches and giving a commoncache plugin failure.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I have retroarch app on my Android box but I can never seem to find a rom in the right format. If I say "detect core" it almost never picks the right one. When this happens, manually picking doesn't work either.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
The nes30 feels like it's the right size to me. I'd have to dig my real controllers out to be sure, but it looks and feels the part.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Has anyone successfully binded a key in keyboard.xml to the Subtitle search?

In gotham, the call is supposed to ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch). I bind this to <f1> under FullscrenVideo but nothing.

I even tried XBMC.ActivateWindow.... but still nothing. Any ideas? Using eminence btw

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"
Is there a way to increase the number of TV Show episodes shown in the recently added section? to 50 or 100 or something?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Mujaji posted:

Is there a way to increase the number of TV Show episodes shown in the recently added section? to 50 or 100 or something?

I'm not sure, but you can create a smart playlist, set to however many number of items, filter by unwatched, and sort by recently added (or file date, if you don't like how XBMC does it). Depending on the them you can link that playlist to your main menu as well.

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

Mujaji posted:

Smart playlists, I did the same thing with my recently added Movies. I didn't want watched movies showing up since sometimes it would be full of movies I'd watched already, plus made it like 200 instead of 15.

Jale
Nov 6, 2005

Mujaji posted:

You can use advanced settings.
How to make advancedsettings.xml: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml
and paste this in it
code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems> <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
change the recently added settings to whatever you want.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Is there a good walkthrough on how to get retroarch to play nice with openelec? I tried following the guide on the openelec forum, but it seems a bit out of date and not everything worked for me.

I sort of got it to work, but could never get sound enabled, nor could I save any configuration changes.

I feel like I'm doing something really dumb, but not sure how to fix my problems.

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007

DarkSol posted:

Is there a good walkthrough on how to get retroarch to play nice with openelec? I tried following the guide on the openelec forum, but it seems a bit out of date and not everything worked for me.

I sort of got it to work, but could never get sound enabled, nor could I save any configuration changes.

I feel like I'm doing something really dumb, but not sure how to fix my problems.

Did you follow this guide? I tried it about a month ago and it worked fine for me. Then I tried adding another game source and it lost all my settings and I haven't touched retroarch since then.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Drevoak posted:

Did you follow this guide? I tried it about a month ago and it worked fine for me. Then I tried adding another game source and it lost all my settings and I haven't touched retroarch since then.

I did, but its wouldnt save my configs and couldnt get sound to work.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"

Jale posted:

You can use advanced settings.
How to make advancedsettings.xml: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml
and paste this in it
code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems> <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
change the recently added settings to whatever you want.

This did exactly what I wanted, Thanks a lot.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I'm trying to transition from Plex so apologizes if these are really dumb questions.

1) Is there a way to see what movies the scraper missed so I can rename them?
2) Is there an easy way to edit part of the metadata scraped, like plot, inside the program? I know you can edit the artwork by pressing I
3) Is there a way to use IMDB or Criticker ratings instead of whatever it uses by default?
4) Is there a way to back all this stuff up when I'm finished so I don't have to do it again in case of hard drive failure?

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Sep 4, 2014

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
Is there any way to disable movie ratings in Aeon Nox altogether? When I'm looking for a fun movie I don't want to get distracted by the fact that "The Octagon" only scores a 5.0.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

Call Me Charlie posted:

I'm trying to transition from Plex so apologizes if these are really dumb questions.

1) Is there a way to see what movies the scraper missed so I can rename them?
2) Is there an easy way to edit part of the metadata scraped, like plot, inside the program? I know you can edit the artwork by pressing I
3) Is there a way to use IMDB or Criticker ratings instead of whatever it uses by default?
4) Is there a way to back all this stuff up when I'm finished so I don't have to do it again in case of hard drive failure?

1) http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Missing_Movie_Scanner
2) I'm not sure, but I guess you can create a nfo-file in the folder and add the plot yourself? Not sure if this will be overridden by the scraper.
3) I think Universal Move Scraper can use IMDBs ratings.
4) Yes, all settings are in the userdata-folder, so back up that one. You can also use XBMC Backup to do the job for you: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:XBMC_Backup

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Regarding the scraping, I find it easiest to use a third party program like Media Center Master and rescrape anything that is highlighted.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
Someone in this thread awhile ago suggested tinyMediaManager and I'm loving it so far. Really fast an easy.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Thanks for the help but I'm still having trouble figuring out where I go from here.

I already scraped my library with TheMovieDB.com and went through most of my library fixing the artwork. With Missing Movie Scanner, I found out that the scraper missed 300 titles (although the naming doesn't seem that off, most are still folder [movie name] -> file). Even without that, there's a number of movies that only have the poster without artwork or a plot description.

Is my own course of action starting from scratch with a third party media management program? I had a really bad experience with one a few years ago, which was basically the whole reason I went with Plex, and I really don't want to be loving around with NFO files.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Call Me Charlie posted:

Thanks for the help but I'm still having trouble figuring out where I go from here.

I already scraped my library with TheMovieDB.com and went through most of my library fixing the artwork. With Missing Movie Scanner, I found out that the scraper missed 300 titles (although the naming doesn't seem that off, most are still folder [movie name] -> file). Even without that, there's a number of movies that only have the poster without artwork or a plot description.

Is my own course of action starting from scratch with a third party media management program? I had a really bad experience with one a few years ago, which was basically the whole reason I went with Plex, and I really don't want to be loving around with NFO files.

I've never had a problem with XBMC missing movies or details.
Every movie is in the format \\Movies\MovieName(Year)\MovieName(Year).ext

I use Filebot to rename everything into this format:
http://www.filebot.net/

Every film I have (>600) has full artwork, fanart and details. I've never had to go in and gently caress with NFO files. Do you have some really esoteric Anime or something?

Here's the XBMC(Kodi) wiki on how to name your poo poo to ensure it gets scraped properly.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Naming_video_files/Movies

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I'm looking for a way to manage my music library. Currently I have a NAS where I have all my movies and tv managed by CouchPotato and Sickbeard. However my music is lovely because I have it in my iTunes on my mac. I was wondering what do you guys use for the music management? Is there something else than iTunes that would be better because I'm not really fond of it.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

I've been fond of beets (http://beets.radbox.org/). It can be a little involved to set up, but works amazingly and is highly configurable. Pulls info from Musicbrainz which is what XBMC uses so you know things are tagged/named accurately for scraping.

In the same idea as CouchPotato and Sickbeard there is Headphones (https://github.com/rembo10/headphones), but I've had issues with it for my use case.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I figured out the problems I've been having. Here's the solution for anybody in the same boat.

1) Do your initial library scan with Universal Movie Scraper. You'll probably want to go into the settings and change preferred title language to "USA/International" and Get Plot from themoviedb.org an click all the poster sources.
2) Run Missing Movie Scanner.
3) If there's any missing movies, find them via videos -> files -> movies -> [whatever folder the file is in] - Highlight the file, press i and go refresh. That will scrape the file and add it to the library.
4) If you're still missing things like plot/etc, you can change the scraper by going videos -> files -> movies -> press c -> edit source -> ok -> choose a scraper -> click ok -> and pressing no when it asks if you want to rescrape everything.
5) Go through and make sure that it scraped correctly. If your collection has a bunch of obscure stuff in it like mine, you'll probably have bunch of mismatches.

Number 4 helps if you add something to TheMovieDB that isn't listed on IMDB. It also takes a few hours for whatever you added to show up on the XBMC side.

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

Some random questions, what happened to clean video library? I looked in system-video and in context menus, don't see it anywhere. I use yatse which still has it, so np, just curious.

I saw an 'official' kodi/xbmc app, anyone tried it?

Which audio for a good receiver? Wasapi or Directsound? Does it matter if you choose passthrough?

Also kodi is a terrible name. At least it's less syllables.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Tanbo posted:

Some random questions, what happened to clean video library? I looked in system-video and in context menus, don't see it anywhere. I use yatse which still has it, so np, just curious.

I saw an 'official' kodi/xbmc app, anyone tried it?

Which audio for a good receiver? Wasapi or Directsound? Does it matter if you choose passthrough?

Also kodi is a terrible name. At least it's less syllables.

Wasapi

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

Tanbo posted:

You might not be at the right option level. They probably stashed it away under one of the more advanced levels.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Does anyone have any experience running xbmc on an Ouya? I've got a raspberry pi running xbmc at the moment and it works well enough, but it really isn't powerful to be a torrentbox and also run xbmc like I want it to. Ideally I'd like to dedicate it as a torrent box and I'm thinking about buying an Ouya to play lovely android games / emulators on, so if that runs xbmc better than a pi it solves all my problems. Is this likely to be the case? Or if not is there another option for ~$100 I should look into to have both a torrentbox and xbmc happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong
The Amazon Fire TV sounds like a pretty good fit for that.