Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Are people seriously concerning themselves with spoilers for a loving convention panel? I mean really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Beef Waifu posted:

Are people seriously concerning themselves with spoilers for a loving convention panel? I mean really?

DAVE LANG IN A GORILLA COSTUME

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah and now that I know it makes me want to watch that panel even more.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Just saw the latest Fisticuffs, goddamn Virtua Fighter looks slick.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Has it ever been explained WHY Woolie is called Woolie?

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Has it ever been explained WHY Woolie is called Woolie?

It was his father's name. Woolie is actually Woolie Jr.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
It's his real name.

What's more, he's actually Woolie, Jr.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Tae posted:

I never laughed out loud as much as I did when they had the Waifu discussion. Pat's first waifu is apparently a girl from...Tekken? Or was is virtual fighter.

If I didn't mishear, I'm pretty sure he's talking about the evangelion character.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Can anyone explain the origin of that "Wait a minute, wait a minute" bit they keep doing?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Yo Matt, I'm sure it varies from place to place, but Cheesecake Factory is notorious for food poisoning. I'm sure the crapton of food would have caused massive rear end dumping, but the 'batsu might have gotten some skank eats as well. I got the worst stomach flu of my life from there, to the point where I had to go to the hospital because dehydration was a legitimate concern.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Doesn't that place have like, a TOME of a menu? It feels like I'd have good odds if I went there just by virtue of the numbers game.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Doesn't that place have like, a TOME of a menu? It feels like I'd have good odds if I went there just by virtue of the numbers game.

It does, which is indeed the main reason they have a problem. With a menu of over 100 entrees, there's no way to have fresh ingredients, and with a kitchen massive enough to cook all this, there's less oversight on individual chefs.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Can anyone explain the origin of that "Wait a minute, wait a minute" bit they keep doing?

It's from Booker T's Reality of Wrestling show, but more commonly attributed to Botchamania. It was originally featured on #240 but that was taken down, but it's also on Maffew's Listamania

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Holy loving poo poo that retarded neck snap in Prison Break part 6. gently caress yes.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You can't actually hear Pat booing Ninja Theory the Giant Bomb panel :saddowns:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Rodyle posted:

Don't worry, apparently Patrick booed them.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rodyle posted:

they probably edited it out.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I love Pat's descent into anger in Prison Break. It took around 4 episodes but that game is starting to make him crack.

I really enjoy Matt just laughing at how stupid every death is.

*hanging off the chain* *fails QTE* *falls 5 feet* game over.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Pat slowling losing his soul in that LP is the main attraction, in my opinion. It's so great. :swoon:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh good, someone finally told Pat "No, seriously if you do the DLC as soon as you get there, the playthrough will stall."

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How is Woolie still not two-handing his sword?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Andrast posted:

How is Woolie still not two-handing his sword?

He did in the latest video. Then he stopped because he was getting wrecked by enemies again because for some reason he's not using a human effigy to gain 25% of his life back.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Tae posted:

He did in the latest video. Then he stopped because he was getting wrecked by enemies again because for some reason he's not using a human effigy to gain 25% of his life back.

the 25% of his life isn't even the main thing, use it to loving get a ring slot instead of using that lovely rear end ring.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

He's gonna need all those effigies for darklurker

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I would probably guess he's going to struggle way more with the NPC's than the Lurker. Woolie can eventually kill the Lurker by getting enough swings with a +10 sword, it's him dealing with cheating NPCs when he's already having trouble taking down enemy grunts without taking damage.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

He was getting wrecked because neither he nor Pat know that you only want to 2 hand when it's appropriate, and to learn to switch between the two modes well. He just thought people meant "2 hand always never block", and they tried that and it was bad, so they decided to keep being scrubs.

You can totally play a never block high damage melee character, and it's awesome, but it's done by using power stance rather than a single big sword.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhIzO7_lIiQ

The actual episode of Botchamania is completely off the internet currently but this explains it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Okay what the gently caress just happened in the latest Prison Break video, did I miss a plot point or something? I'm pretty sure I watched all the episodes, and now it's about killing a guy he wasn't supposed to kill but they talk like that was the mission all along and this random guy said "You'll be free from the Company." Who is he???

edit: Pat, literally the only similarity between the Scorpian Lady and Quelaag is that they're ladies on monster bodies. They don't share any attacks outside of like 1 thrust, how the gently caress is it a rip-off fight.

edit: And they just skipped the Pharros boss.

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 5, 2014

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Tae posted:

edit: And they just skipped the Pharros boss.

That's objectively the best way to get through Doors of Pharros. gently caress the Royal Rat Authority.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If this DS2 LP has taught me anything, is that DS fans are insufferable. Well, I already knew that, it just reinforced that belief in my head. Especially the guys that are mortally offended about healing in non-consensual PvP.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

If it's in the game it's fair

Tae posted:

edit: Pat, literally the only similarity between the Scorpian Lady and Quelaag is that they're ladies on monster bodies.

Yeah and that sucks. Just another thing in DS2 that only exists to remind you of a cool thing from DS1, and like most things in DS2 it's not as good

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Are we really going to have a DS2 sucks topic again really?

Two threads weren't enough? :v:

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Dias posted:

If this DS2 LP has taught me anything, is that DS fans are insufferable. Well, I already knew that, it just reinforced that belief in my head. Especially the guys that are mortally offended about healing in non-consensual PvP.

Explain yourself. Sure, I'm right there with you on the healing issue, but how is that attitude different from the way pubbies get about PvP in practically any game ever? How are DS fans special?

straight jerkers posted:

Yeah and that sucks. Just another thing in DS2 that only exists to remind you of a cool thing from DS1, and like most things in DS2 it's not as good

Dark Souls 1 was superior in every way, but remember to play it first, because you won't want to get into it or go back to it after you've played 2.

This is a logical statement and totally holds together, trust me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cathair posted:

Dark Souls 1 was superior in every way, but remember to play it first, because you won't want to get into it or go back to it after you've played 2.

This is a logical statement and totally holds together, trust me

I think that almost everybody agrees on the fact that as far as actual game mechanics go, Dark Souls 2 is superior to the first game. The differences in opinions come when you start comparing bosses, the story, level design and other similar things.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Andrast posted:

I think that almost everybody agrees on the fact that as far as actual game mechanics go, Dark Souls 2 is superior to the first game. The differences in opinions come when you start comparing bosses, the story, level design and other similar things.

I know, I agree with that too. We've been over this many times. I'm mostly mocking people who talk about how DS2 took so much away and barely made any improvements- I think these are mostly people who didn't bother to actually play the game.

Also, there are people elsewhere on the internet who have said almost exactly what I posted in mockery, except completely serious. Nostalgia and fanboyism is a helluva drug.

I'm still on part 27 of the Best Friends DS2 LP. I've enjoyed it but Pat is really killing it for me. It would help if he remotely knew what the gently caress he was talking about, but most of the time he does not. He's just a giant prick who is also wrong.

Shut the gently caress up, Pat.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Really great improvements such as.........four ring slots

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dual wielding, better movesets for existing weapon types (WHIPS), cool new ones (twinblades), and a much better set of toys for magicians of all stripes. There's a lot of mechanical improvements in Dark Souls 2.

Unfortunately it also comes with adaptability, which is the worst idea since Item Burden in Demon's Souls.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Would rather have Adapability than completely useless stats like Resistance. And I bet there are people that unironically miss the Jump button in DS1 (for those that don't know, Sprint/Roll/Jump are all the same button. Jump is sprint first, then double tap the sprint button).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This LP needs to end sooner so I have one less place on SA where I see loving Dark Souls discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I stuck with DS1 style jumping in 2 because I was used to it.

Resistance being useless has no negative effect on gameplay, Adaptability does.