Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Mercury Crusader posted:

Replace the current Toon Link with the DiC Toon Link.

Also the internet is really stepping up on these leaks.

No joke I saw the picture out of the corner of my eye and thought "Wait, they added a Battalion Wars AT?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I never really had both the Internet and friends who played Smash at the same time so I finally looked around and discovered Quick Attack Cancelling with Pikachu and that looks so useful. I feel invigorated, I am so excited for this game to drop.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Reiley posted:

I never really had both the Internet and friends who played Smash at the same time so I finally looked around and discovered Quick Attack Cancelling with Pikachu and that looks so useful. I feel invigorated, I am so excited for this game to drop.

Let's Smash bro.

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009
So if you're playing Ganondorf the only way you can win one of those is by everyone else dying to the red gordos constantly

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dunk Bot 3000 posted:

So if you're playing Ganondorf the only way you can win one of those is by everyone else dying to the red gordos constantly

Or only get millions of speed power ups.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Dunk Bot 3000 posted:

Or knock the boost-gathering phase out of the loving park. ...Which, since you're Ganondorf, probably won't happen either.

Don't pick Ganondorf, is the message I'm getting here.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Do you guys think Nintendo has an employee that's sole purpose is to create miis for other employees? Or do you think everyone just makes their own mii?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Scholtz posted:

Do you guys think Nintendo has an employee that's sole purpose is to create miis for other employees? Or do you think everyone just makes their own mii?

I don't even know what a miis is?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Wait you're in the Smash Bros thread and you really don't know what a Mii is?

Cleretic posted:

Or knock the boost-gathering phase out of the loving park. ...Which, since you're Ganondorf, probably won't happen either.

Don't pick Ganondorf, is the message I'm getting here.

IIRC the final battle is picked randomly, so you can't really gear up for what's coming. I'm sure there's a mode were Ganondorf would shine.

Scholtz posted:

They prolly make'em themselves, since apparently they do play their own games. (At least enough to make goofy stuff in Tomodachi Life)

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Anime Device posted:

I don't even know what a miis is?

Catch-all character that can be used in place of excluded characters, celebrities, etc. in case you were dead set on playing as someone in particular like Waluigi or Shaggy 2 Dope. You can generate an effigy in their likeness and use them in the game.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Kyte posted:

I'm sure there's a mode were Ganondorf would shine.

yeah the mode is called All Of Them Because Ganondorf Is The loving Best Sorry

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Monicro posted:

yeah the mode is called All Of Them Because Ganondorf Is The loving Best Sorry

That is my favorite mode tbh

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Apologies if this is a bad question, I went back a few pages but didn't find any mentions and I'm only just now starting to get hyped for the game. Have there been any leaks/split second accidents/etc. with any indication of Ness? I was just looking at the offical website and it suddenly occurred to me he's not on there. I mean I imagine it's likely he's just going to be near the end/"secret" like in some of the previous games, but even all these years later as a grown adult I have worries about Earthbound getting unjustly snubbed in the childhood memory part of my brain.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mind over Matter posted:

Apologies if this is a bad question, I went back a few pages but didn't find any mentions and I'm only just now starting to get hyped for the game. Have there been any leaks/split second accidents/etc. with any indication of Ness? I was just looking at the offical website and it suddenly occurred to me he's not on there. I mean I imagine it's likely he's just going to be near the end/"secret" like in some of the previous games, but even all these years later as a grown adult I have worries about Earthbound getting unjustly snubbed in the childhood memory part of my brain.

We've seen Mother enemies in Smash Run and items from Mother return(Franklin Badge, Mr. Saturn) and a stage on the 3DS stage select that the only good guess of what it is is Magicant. He's as confirmed as Wario is.

edit: haha i'm an idiot i totally forgot that he's also just straight up on the leaked character select

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ness is leak-confirmed, Lucas is cut.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Brother Entropy posted:

We've seen Mother enemies in Smash Run and items from Mother return(Franklin Badge, Mr. Saturn) and a stage on the 3DS stage select that the only good guess of what it is is Magicant. He's as confirmed as Wario is.

Hah, I had forgotten about Wario as well. Still, thanks both of you.

The Mega Man intro video still makes me grin like a kid on Christmas. Mostly because everyone knows that when the chips are down, the first drat weapon you ever want is Metal Blade.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Brother Entropy posted:

edit: haha i'm an idiot i totally forgot that he's also just straight up on the leaked character select

Mother 1 Magicant, it should be noted. The pink fluffy one, not the technicolor dreamscape from Earthbound.

I still love that we're getting a loving Mother 1 Magicant stage. It's perfect, in a really bizarre way; yes Mother's presence s getting downsized because it's no longer relevant, but then Sakurai comes out and says 'don't be sad, Mother fans, we still care about you' by pulling up a stage so far back that only the die-hards will get it.

EDIT: Still wish we got Moonside instead, though.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Why can't I smash my brothers live at a Runaway Five concert :smith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Fourside should be a returning stage and it's a drat shame if it isn't.

e: new pork city is the worst smash brothers stage created. Electroplankton is close!

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Sep 4, 2014

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
There might be a different Earthbound stage in the Wii U version.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Cmon Devil's Machine :getin:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
...Come to think of it I might pass on the 3DS version too despite that I do have a 3DS but not a WiiU. I dunno, I just don't wanna buy the same game twice, and it feels like the big thing that 3DS has for it is Smash Run, which...eh? It doesn't strike me as all that interesting. I'm definitely more interested in what the WiiU version has, which is hopefully pretty substantial. I'm certainly hoping that if they're truly gutting an Adventure Mode, that there's more than enough to replace it in terms of content.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Prepare to have a bunch of people call you an idiot while ranting about Kirby's Air Ride being the best game of all time and you're some kind of plebe.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I'm going to be too busy smashing brothers in a month to argue about stupid poo poo on the internet.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Gyra_Solune posted:

...Come to think of it I might pass on the 3DS version too despite that I do have a 3DS but not a WiiU. I dunno, I just don't wanna buy the same game twice, and it feels like the big thing that 3DS has for it is Smash Run, which...eh? It doesn't strike me as all that interesting. I'm definitely more interested in what the WiiU version has, which is hopefully pretty substantial. I'm certainly hoping that if they're truly gutting an Adventure Mode, that there's more than enough to replace it in terms of content.

I would think "Hey, its Smash Bros I can play on-the-go/on-the-toilet/on-vacation" would outweigh the feeling of buying the same game twice. Plus, based on everything we've heard, all the secondary stuff (like trophies, music, etc) is going to be unique between the two versions, so its less like buying the same game twice and more like having 2 similar games but for different platforms and different feature sets.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
In any case I'd probably hold off anyway because the New Super 3DS XLL U World looks very shiny and I would want to be smashing bros on that. Plus it's a bit tricky for me to get anyway and I would need to save up moolah regardless.

Nintendo stop stealing all my money in advance T.T

Also I'm wondering what on earth the alternate things for Shulk's Monado Arts would be. Would it entail having different sets of buffs altogether or just a different way of doing the same? I'm hoping it's not just 'changes arts slower but with super armor' or something.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'm more curious that since it appears that the Monado change is his neutral special then does that mean we get Kirby adorably mimicking him saying "Mondao Smash" :3:

gecs
Oct 23, 2010

Golden Goat posted:

I'm more curious that since it appears that the Monado change is his neutral special then does that mean we get Kirby adorably mimicking him saying "Mondao Smash" :3:

GOTY if he also tries to imitate the British accent.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/event/smashbros_3ds_event2014/index.html

Before:

After:

Woops

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

Nintendo UK has listed 'November 2014' as the release date for the Smash Bros amiibos.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo/villager-no.9/10993681.html

You guys know what that means. :getin:

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

JordanKai posted:

:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

Nintendo UK has listed 'November 2014' as the release date for the Smash Bros amiibos.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo/villager-no.9/10993681.html

You guys know what that means. :getin:

Yup, plenty of time to collect the whole set before Smash 4 Wii U releases at Christmas 2015.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The original Zelda with the annoying fairy companion.

IronicDongz posted:

It's actually the only genuinely good thing to come out of that cartoon

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Bicyclops posted:

The original Zelda with the annoying fairy companion.

Did you know Gaming:

Did you know that Japan loved this cartoon and when the N64 was released Nintendo felt it was the perfect opportunity to put the show into players hands. Thus OoT was made with the TV show as heavy inspiration.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's absolutely shocking to me there aren't more Nintendo cartoons. There was Kirby, an F Zero anime, and before that you have to rewind like fifteen years to Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda and Super Mario Bros Super Show. There was also a cg donkey Kong show best not worth mentioning. These characters are absolutely ripe for adaptation, especially in children's media.

Pokemon is the only consistently running Nintendo media presence.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

There was also a cg donkey Kong show best not worth mentioning.

Actually that show owned.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

timp posted:

Actually that show owned.

No, it really didn't.

Edit: \/\/\/ - Seriously? How did the guys in charge of coloring mess THAT up?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

greatn posted:

It's absolutely shocking to me there aren't more Nintendo cartoons. There was Kirby, an F Zero anime, and before that you have to rewind like fifteen years to Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda and Super Mario Bros Super Show. There was also a cg donkey Kong show best not worth mentioning. These characters are absolutely ripe for adaptation, especially in children's media.

Pokemon is the only consistently running Nintendo media presence.

Yes please bring back the Super Mario Bros 3 show

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

No, it really didn't.

Sometimes people enjoy things most would consider bad "ironically".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

TaurusOxford posted:

No, it really didn't.

Edit: \/\/\/ - Seriously? How did the guys in charge of coloring mess THAT up?

The CGI DK show was amazing. Nothing else produced half as many memorable moments as it did.

• Locked thread