Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

reavor posted:

seems that's kind of what started this whole thing. some indie game developers/journalists recieved (perhaps partly unfounded) criticism regarding their contacts/dealings with other developers/journalists and blocking of game-funding initiatives, and they responded by starting a crusade against their attackers, then expanding it to the gaming community as a whole.

If you reframe the argument and go on the offensive, people will eventually forget you're a lazy do-nothing piece of poo poo who can't code, draw, compose, plan, organize, or develop anything of value that any human would ever want to spend money on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

poptart_fairy posted:

if we forsake the company of women are we not misogynistic

look we gonna bang or what

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
christ FINE so impatient

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
i like the new op

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Hunter Thompson was right all along

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Hey Wikipedia, Al-Jazeera made an article about Gamergate. That means we can finally update Zoe's Wikipedia page to mention it, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Zoe_Quinn#Al-Jazeera_source

Yes, Wikipedia admin Tarc deleted the account of the guy who brought up the Al-Jazeera article

First they got me to me side with gamers and now I'm seeing liberal bias on wikipedia. :psyduck: What's happening to me?

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Nebelwerfer posted:

tl;dr me this Al-Jazeera thing tia

Al-Jazeera Reports: People are saying things on twitter. Here are tweets

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/20000TinyJars/status/221697727145324545

and also lol

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Rock Band got an MMORPG? :stare:

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

First they got me to me side with gamers and now I'm seeing liberal bias on wikipedia. :psyduck: What's happening to me?

what's happening is this group of people doesn't understand how the internet works.

"Surely if we just become mods then we can be the most biased mods on the internet and no one will notice"

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Leggo my Eggo

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

What did cumcultist and pony707 have to say? They seem like they would hold well reasoned opinions on a variety of topics.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Spiky Ooze posted:

what's happening is this group of people doesn't understand how the internet works.

"Surely if we just become mods then we can be the most biased mods on the internet and no one will notice"

well hey, it worked until it didn't.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Trying to tell the difference between trolls and actual crazy people #JustGamerGateThings.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Well, that's one 100% honest steam profile that says Rock Band is a MMORPG . The guy (???) is obviously a misogynist of the highest calibre.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

Leggo my Eggo

wow if somebody misgendered a trans as "pretending" when they don't pass that's going to unleash a shitornado.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
#gamergate

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Germstore posted:

Trying to tell the difference between trolls and actual crazy people

why bother when so many of them are both

*spends months cultivating a fake persona on twitter*

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Cthulu Carl posted:

What did cumcultist and pony707 have to say? They seem like they would hold well reasoned opinions on a variety of topics.

"Have you heard the good news about cum" and "It's actually really smart and enjoyable on multiple levels", probably.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

horriblePencilist posted:

An infinite army of :ironicat:

Also I can't believe people are still pulling that "HAHA WOW YOU GAMERS SURE HATE EQUALITY A LOT!" card.

Sessler would know a lot about addiction

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

EugeneJ posted:

Leggo my Eggo

I was thinking about posting this but I doubted that hoarder would leggo

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Why don't all these people have regular jobs like actual mildly-adjusted human beings, or realize that writing about video games just isn't going to pay well and isn't worth dealing with the idiotic manchildren that will harass and doxx them over beep boop beeps?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

facialimpediment posted:

Why don't all these people have regular jobs like actual mildly-adjusted human beings, or realize that writing about video games just isn't going to pay well and isn't worth dealing with the idiotic manchildren that will harass and doxx them over beep boop beeps?

they're not mildly-adjusted and neither are the idiot manchildren harassing them

whether videogames make you that way or people who are that way never grow out of videogames? that's for you to decide.....

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

it's a reference to this http://cassandraemeraldsong.tumblr.com/post/24998015743/specialsnowflakesyndrome-steam-gamer-girls-the

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Slanderer posted:

#gamergate

Oh no, people put faces of other people on their avatars!

I mean, it's probably fake, but not because of the profile picture.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

My impression is that a person can write about video games without participating in twitter debates that could cost them their jobs. I think that's what blows me away more than anything.

Paladinus posted:

I mean, it's probably fake, but not because of the profile picture.

Yeah I wouldn't put it past either group to make fake accounts for #notyourshield. I've gotten a few laughs from the black guys that were accused of being white though. Is it really surprising that black people play video games?

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 4, 2014

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

My impression is that a person can write about video games without participating in twitter debates that could cost them their jobs. I think that's what blows me away more than anything.

That seems to be a lot to ask of a games journalist, though

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

if you're a video games journalist good, rational decisions aren't your strong point

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

the actual press can't manage this either which is funny as well

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I want someone to get harassed for not participating in this poo poo storm by someone taking silence as support for the other side.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i read a Japanese article about this today that referred to depression quest as a book and i got a good laugh out of that. otherwise it was just a translation of an article from the English press translated. none of the big Japanese news sites seem to give a poo poo tho which is real disappointing, wanted to read those comments.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

While "liberals" are correct on most social issues, they are not infallible and simply being "liberal" isn't a shield for scrutiny.

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

Albino Lullaby is a neat video game.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

:lol: did you actually fall for that one

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Powercrazy posted:

While "liberals" are correct on most social issues, they are not infallible and simply being "liberal" isn't a shield for scrutiny.

'Correct' on an inherently subjective scale?

Lawdy, lawdy.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Theophany posted:

'Correct' on an inherently subjective scale?

yes

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
For fucks sake, people need to shut up with their "Jeez guys, why is everyone fighting? I'm just gonna play some videogames, you know, that thing you're screaming about :smug:"

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

For fucks sake, people need to shut up with their "Jeez guys, why is everyone fighting? I'm just gonna play some videogames, you know, that thing you're screaming about :smug:"

No, honestly, those people need to talk a lot louder. This whole thing is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

They fight for your freedom. :911:

• Locked thread