Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Go get some sun, Frodo.

But take that thing off first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Woodhouse posted:

I have a surplus of idiots as friends on Facebook:

Infant circumcision is bad and should be outlawed.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Take a tip from me - shhhh. Not here.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Henchman of Santa posted:

How does she arrive at "losing my son"?

He lost 15 square inches of his penis, dude.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Teach posted:

Take a tip from me

I think I might a bit too late for that but thanks for the offer

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

I think I might a bit too late for that but thanks for the offer

Reminded me of this, which was posted by a fellow goon:

You plug in a name and two adjectives to describe yourself and it comes up with an article. His name is obviously not "Baby dicks" but it came out hilarious that way.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Yes. They really do. My favorite product in the whole world is this.

Late response, but there's actually sort of a history to this kind of thing. The Indian Rebellion of 1857 was sparked by, among other things, the belief that Bengal Native Infantry were being supplied with ammo cartridges greased with cow or pig fat, which offended Muslims and Hindus alike among the regiment, especially since at the time reloading the weapons involved biting off a part of the ammo cartridge to prime it for the gun.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Teach posted:

Take a tip from me - shhhh. Not here.

Just the tip?

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

It looks like one of those costume fedoras that UK supermarkets have their butchers wear as part of their uniform.

(I would NOT buy meat from that man)

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

The White Dragon posted:

Go get some sun, Frodo.

But take that thing off first.

Eh I'd say he's more of a gollum.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Replace fedora with white sheet or swastika armband or totenkopf emblems or whatever. On the other hand, confederate flags.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
"I'm sorry the world has done this to your favorite piece of headwear, friend, but I bet if Charlie Chaplin were alive today, he'd be sporting a different style of mustache. Also tell your mom her kitchen is lovely."

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Teach posted:

Take a tip from me

Take all of your money and give it all to charity-y-y

(for victims of infant circumcision)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm proud of my friendlist, and very rarely do I spot anything worse than a RT of a scam competition to win an iPhone or something. But I was looking through the comments of a public page, and saw this guy who'd written a long rambling rant that had nothing to do with the subject matter. I'm guessing this guy wants the world to read his views, so what better thread than this.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004338947746&fref=ufi

I have absolutely no idea.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I wish someone would have given my ex this internet memo. She stabbed me with a pair of scissors.

Why would you lie to me, Facebook meme? :ohdear:

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm proud of my friendlist, and very rarely do I spot anything worse than a RT of a scam competition to win an iPhone or something. But I was looking through the comments of a public page, and saw this guy who'd written a long rambling rant that had nothing to do with the subject matter. I'm guessing this guy wants the world to read his views, so what better thread than this.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004338947746&fref=ufi

I have absolutely no idea.

I don't think this person's letter will help them much with their problem. I mean, if the entire USA witnessed that alongside them, I'm fairly sure someone must have forwarded an email to Cameron by now about all the terrorist assassins pouring out of his country.

...unless Cameron is behind it all??? :tinfoil:

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

DrProsek posted:

I don't think this person's letter will help them much with their problem. I mean, if the entire USA witnessed that alongside them, I'm fairly sure someone must have forwarded an email to Cameron by now about all the terrorist assassins pouring out of his country.

...unless Cameron is behind it all??? :tinfoil:

Paul Birch appears to be some kind of conspiracy nut who has written MANY long rambling emails to Cameron about how the UKIP/EDL are trying to kill him, or something - they're hard to decipher and probably schizophrenic word salads.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Is "church!!!" the new way for stupid people to say "this is so true!"?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Is "church!!!" the new way for stupid people to say "this is so true!"?

Takin someone to church ~= takin someone to school

It's related to "preach!"

Nothing to do with stupid people though.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
I thought it had to do with treating something like gospel.

hypnotoad
Dec 16, 2007

But shakin' its all I know!
What a romantic! :swoon:

EDIT: yes, that is his real Facebook name and profile pic! He's a friend of an friend, and is a 40-something year old man into LARP. Ironically, his relationship status is "it's complicated".

hypnotoad has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Sep 4, 2014

Doctor Laser
Feb 19, 2013

Please, don't harm me!

This guy looks like he's on the verge of tears, it's so great

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Put that scarepussy on your fuckin lawn to keep bitches from raiding your precious nutella supplies.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

hypnotoad posted:

What a romantic! :swoon:

Is that his actual name and profile pic? Because if so :laffo:

But really, they would have been right if you went back a few centuries.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
A harmless dumb one from my mom's crazy friend.

How do you go on Facebook every day and not notice your wall or the notifications from people posting Happy Birthday? Then again, she thinks the way people do birthday wishes on Facebook is to make their status "Happy Birthday, [person]!" instead of a wall post.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Henchman of Santa posted:

A harmless dumb one from my mom's crazy friend.

How do you go on Facebook every day and not notice your wall or the notifications from people posting Happy Birthday? Then again, she thinks the way people do birthday wishes on Facebook is to make their status "Happy Birthday, [person]!" instead of a wall post.

While I am OCD and have to clear all of my notifications instantly, I've known many others who just don't pay attention to the indicator. I don't know how but they do.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Posted in one of my school's For Trade groups
e: Just realized that had some identifying info on it, will reupload
e2: Back from class, so here's the edited version. Less idiot and more just plain weird.

Moatman has a new favorite as of 23:55 on Sep 4, 2014

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I wish someone would have given my ex this internet memo. She stabbed me with a pair of scissors.

Why would you lie to me, Facebook meme? :ohdear:

"Will love when not wanted." Brown eyed people are rapists, all of them.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
This is literally :smug:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"brown/hazel" excuse me, idiot fucker, hazel and brown are not the same color. :mad:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Bertrand Hustle posted:

"brown/hazel" excuse me, idiot fucker, hazel and brown are not the same color. :mad:

I didn't get that either. Totally different things.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

"I actually have hosed up in all of those respects, but the statistics were still against it."

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

With the tiny image view that was displayed I thought the pie chart was supposed to be the figure's stomach and it was stats on being obese. It was even worse.

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014
A friend just posted this on his timeline. :smith:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Do infantry in the US get paid total poo poo or something, that it's considered offensive that minimum wage workers might earn slightly more than before?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Do infantry in the US get paid total poo poo or something, that it's considered offensive that minimum wage workers might earn slightly more than before?

There's a poorly made argument that since military personnel are on call 24/7, that they're working 24/7, and if you calculate their wage by taking their salary and dividing it by 720 (hours in a 30-day month) they're making below minimum wage.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
The average idiot just having made it out of boot camp will be making around $1500 every month, split into two pay checks, and don't have to worry about any bills except ones they choose to take on like internet or phone service. The average deployed idiot will make $1800 + hazard bonus and the income being completely tax free. They also get free housing and food, since they'd be housed in the barracks unless they're married, so overall they're getting paid way more than someone with a minimum wage job.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Are people still being drafted into McDonalds?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Elliotw2 posted:

The average idiot just having made it out of boot camp will be making around $1500 every month, split into two pay checks, and don't have to worry about any bills except ones they choose to take on like internet or phone service. The average deployed idiot will make $1800 + hazard bonus and the income being completely tax free. They also get free housing and food, since they'd be housed in the barracks unless they're married, so overall they're getting paid way more than someone with a minimum wage job.

When you calculate in the required lifted pickup truck, dip, and full collection of TapOut apparel, it does tend to eat into their monthly pay though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I don't know, when I was in Boss Mustangs and Camaros were way more common.

• Locked thread