Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Germstore posted:

astroturf implies it is paid for. Grassroots misogyny is still grassroots.

Where's the misogyny though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Powercrazy posted:

Where's the misogyny though?

I probably should have added "Assuming it is misogyny-".

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

I just want to remind everyone that this whole thing started because some dude decided to publically deride his slut of an ex.

Imagine Zoe worked at Goldman Sachs or something, now that would own.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
I'm sure she's had enough sachs by now.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

blainestereo posted:

I just want to remind everyone that this whole thing started because some dude decided to publically deride his slut of an ex.

more like goldman SEX heh heh heh

So it seriously was because of him saying "my ex cheated on me with this guy."

Wow how did it get so widespread?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Was there confirmation that Zoe's PR person was whoring herself out too?

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

blainestereo posted:

I wonder if he's still savoring the sweet taste of revenge.

Hopefully it's better than like 5 other guys' dongs.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

LongDarkNight posted:

Was there confirmation that Zoe's PR person was whoring herself out too?

no she was just the girlfriend of the chairman of the Indie Games Festival and the only people who won were her friends or hired her pr firm

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Slanderer posted:

good thing i posted that second pic then

Good to know that the standard of evidence needed to claim "TRANS" status is a steam profile. Would make the en troon thread more entertaining atleast. Sorry Xir you may have been on hormones for 2 years and have had multiple surgeries but come back when you update your steam profile.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Zoe is kinda like Eva Peron except Eva Peron mattered.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

THE PENETRATOR posted:

no she was just the girlfriend of the chairman of the Indie Games Festival and the only people who won were her friends or hired her pr firm

YEAH!

ALso i think she had sex with zoe? I lose track of how many people have had sex together now.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
if the number of posts goons make about them is an indicator, zoe quinn is the most important woman in history

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Zombies' Downfall posted:

if the number of posts goons make about them is an indicator, zoe quinn is the most important woman in history

In my heart I want to believe tubgirl still has her beat.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
Wasn't there supposed to be a thing with Adam Baldwin

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

limaCAT posted:

I don't think it's a killfile, or a fidonet area moderator. For what I understood it should be something like facebook's algorithm: it will prefer showing you posts from people you liked with content that you liked and to push aside people you did not act upon before. It's poo poo because it makes an echo chamber of your own interests, or even worse, your tantrums.

yes i also remember when the gia was relevant twelve years ago

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

If goon posts mattered we'd all be worshiping at the feet of god-emperor doobie.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Al Borland posted:

Wow how did it get so widespread?

Because it also had to do with her loving competition judges/journalists so that caught people's attention.

Then gaming blogs covered it up and said anyone who talks about it just hates women and proceeded to ban anyone talking about it from their comments.

Then bloggers made hilarious articles all at the same time about "gamers are dead". The whole thing is just hilarious and bizarre.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Thats Danielle Bunten, one of the creators of M.U.L.E.

Tei fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 4, 2014

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Ed Morrissey Show featuring Adam Baldwin and InternetAristocrat is live

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

if the number of posts goons make about them is an indicator, Doobie and Chris Roberts are the most important people in history.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

I'm here to laugh at brain damaged scat-flinging monkeys versus unmedicated tantrum tykes.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

poptart_fairy posted:

wrote a terrible article about women being attacked and oppressed for the guardian, was outed as being financially supported by zoe's pr agent - and was in turn donating to zoe's protean account - then went mental on twitter and apparently threw away 9 years of her life or something
So when she put the connection in her original article but the copy eds at the Grauniad stripped it out from the first published version and only put it back in when she told them to, was that all part of the conspiracy too? :allears:

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

yo FYI i managed to watch some of the klepek video and he thinks the biggest problem in games journalism is that he doesn't get paid enough, hth!

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

Slanderer posted:

this conspiracy is bigger than any of us could have thought...

don't slander Danny :colbert:

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

It's just two nerds talking bollocks about ISIS when are they getting onto important topics like the fall of civilisation in the form of gamersgate?

Edit: lol they are praising David Cameroon and imagine he has the political clout to fight ISIS in a ground war when he has barely enough support to open a supermarket.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

THE PENETRATOR posted:

So yes.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Slanderer posted:

freelancers aren't contractors. you pitch stories to an editor, they agree to pay for you to write that article. if you want to quit you just stop submitting pitches.

how is this confusing?

Babbes first job. It takes a few years of experience to know the difference between actual contracting or freelance work and "temp-forever" contract jobs that corps use to evade paying taxes on.

Slanderer posted:

good thing i posted that second pic then

Bendilin is the dude who made the "punch sarkeesian in the face" game.

Skunny Wundy posted:

Alex Navarro is a dork who pretends to be some big voice in all of this while working for a site that's loving terrified of taking a side either way, probably because John Vignocchi hasn't told them what the right opinion is yet.

Dan Ryckert is cool though, so are Danny O'Dwyer and Mary Kish and Kyle Bosman. I would kiss Drew Scanlon on the mouth.

Giantbomb already "picked a side." http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/letter-from-the-editor-07-02-2014/1100-4948/

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 4, 2014

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Clicked it, they are talking about ISIS. God, why can't they discuss things that are important!

e: actually they were discussing gamers all along :vince:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Rad Tad posted:

yo FYI i managed to watch some of the klepek video and he thinks the biggest problem in games journalism is that he doesn't get paid enough, hth!

in a way he's probably right that part of why games journalism (and all enthusiast press) sucks is that the writers who get published are mostly the ones who are willing to work for nothing and feel fortunate to get 20 bucks to do something they'd be doing anyway, and then things like fact checking and editing also cost money so gently caress it let's just run whatever they write

i assume giantbomb is one of the sweeter gigs in that business tho because it's "personality driven"

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

blainestereo posted:

Their professional PR department would have told her to give a non-apology apology and the story would have died in days.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
any new developments with this?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Spiky Ooze posted:

Because it also had to do with her loving competition judges/journalists so that caught people's attention.

Then gaming blogs covered it up and said anyone who talks about it just hates women and proceeded to ban anyone talking about it from their comments.

Then bloggers made hilarious articles all at the same time about "gamers are dead". The whole thing is just hilarious and bizarre.

said it once will say it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Nl5OSpNu8

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

A Major Fucker posted:

any new developments with this?

Not really video game journalists continue the circular firing squad.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Ben Spurr at one time used to identify as a woman. He no longer does but he pretended he still did in order to deflect criticism from his beat up Anita game he made. That's what people are talking about when they say he isn't really trans.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

What's up with this Slanderer guy? He seems so intense.

Is he a personality in all this or something?

(I'm assuming he's a guy because misogyny, obv)

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Do we have a :nodding: emoticon yet?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

blainestereo posted:

Clicked it, they are talking about ISIS. God, why can't they discuss things that are important!

e: actually they were discussing gamers all along :vince:

Gamers are WORSE than ISIS we shoudl tweet this to them. Get them involved.

:nod:
:mlady:
:fedora:
:SJW:

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Anal Papist posted:

It's just two nerds talking bollocks about ISIS when are they getting onto important topics like the fall of civilisation in the form of gamersgate?

Edit: lol they are praising David Cameroon and imagine he has the political clout to fight ISIS in a ground war when he has barely enough support to open a supermarket.

Agreed, after all, Gamers are worse than ISIS.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

rodbeard posted:

Ben Spurr at one time used to identify as a woman. He no longer does but he pretended he still did in order to deflect criticism from his beat up Anita game he made.

Holy poo poo you are allowed to do that?

This gig is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

precision posted:

declaring "gamers are over" after this, which is a situation that most people have had to deal with amongst friends or friends of friends (because people are awful and cheat on each other and take advantage of each other ALL THE TIME), seems like someone declaring that Irish people no longer exist because a few IRA nuts sent angry letters to the Post

the IRA is right, and so are the gamers. makes you think.

• Locked thread