Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey can I get money on Patreon for never producing anything of value too? I realize the answer is probably no because I'm male but it never hurts to ask tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Anyone that know anything about computers know a filter is completelly retarded poo poo.
- The people that you want to stop will jump over it
- Everyone else life will just become slighly more lovely

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Al Borland posted:

I think it means you don't post stupid poo poo for people who pay you money to write stupid poo poo on other websites.

yeah, i'm just lolling that slanderer's trying to spin this breaking of their relationship as something that the writer totally wanted and all according to plan when having a connection with a major news outlet severed over a retarded thing you did, even if you're "only freelance"," is a pretty big deal

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

E1M1 posted:

yeah, i'm just lolling that slanderer's trying to spin this breaking of their relationship as something that the writer totally wanted and all according to plan when having a connection with a major news outlet severed over a retarded thing you did, even if you're "only freelance"," is a pretty big deal

i agree quitting your job is a big deal!!

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Slanderer posted:

i agree quitting your job is a big deal!!

But she doesn't actually work there, remember? Make up your mind!

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

natetimm posted:

But she doesn't actually work there, remember? Make up your mind!

she didn't quit from the guardian, she quit freelance writing about videogames altogether. that was the whole point!!!

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

these feminists SJWs, making $2000 a month, ruining gaming. I can't even imagine having that much money at once. Here I sit, locked out of the crystal palace, mourning my place as a lowly gamer. Male, the worst thing you can be.

It has been 15 years since I have seen a boob on the computer. Our time runs short. I pray for salvation, except that praying is dumb, because reddit has assured me that there is no such thing as God.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Has this piece of poo poo article been linked yet:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/09/why-we-didnt-want-to-talk-about-gamergate.html

quote:

That’s who is behind this entire situation: anti-woman trolls who intentionally distort the meaning of the word “ethics” to further their own agenda and mislead their followers. There are some beating the #GamerGate drum who sincerely believe that it’s not related to misogyny or the persistent attacks on Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn, that it’s simply about keeping the games press accountable. It’s impossible to extricate that hashtag from its roots, though, which grew out of unconscionable smears and threats against two prominent women in gaming merely because they are prominent women in gaming. All the conspiracies and trumped-up claims of “evidence” of collusion among developers, press agents and the press spread by the #GamerGate founders are lies and distortions aimed at driving Quinn, Sarkeesian and other women out of videogames.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Gamerg8

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

you can't fire me I'm poo poo!!!!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

E1M1 posted:

lol its fantastic. Because its hows a real news media outlet has no tolerance for this bullshit.

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

Oh no. Someone quit their fake journalism job because of crazy people. I guess the terrorists have won. *yawn*

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I've seen a lot of bad articles but this is one of the worst holy poo poo.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
A lot of these articles seem really cut and paste.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Al Borland posted:

lol its fantastic. Because its hows a real news media outlet has no tolerance for this bullshit.

Don't journalists get blacklisted from other real new media outlets also for pulling this poo poo?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Al Borland posted:

holy poo poo you guys are retarded

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I've seen a lot of bad articles but this is one of the worst holy poo poo.

I have a lot of trouble believing zoe quinn spent over 60 hours a week or 60 hours alone making depression quest.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
People should step up and have a bunch of boxing matches for charity.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

A lot of these articles seem really cut and paste.

This kind of reminds me of the Mass Effect 3 ending drama, where video game journalists leaped to the defense of the developers while everyone took a giant steaming poo poo on Bioware's head with criticism. Only but a handful actually tried to understand what their audience was complaining about.

Now we have the audience giving criticism to the video game journalists who are rushing to poo poo on their audience and actively trying to not understand what they're actually complaining about. Yet again only but a handful actually try to understand where their audience is coming from. It's a weird phenomena. Groupthink maybe?

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 4, 2014

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

Really this drat thing has gotten to a point where nobody really knows what is the 'bad' thing is anymore or why it's bad and are just trying to yell the loudest to get whatever point they have across while acting like something new is happening. This poo poo has always been a cesspool of terrible people.

Its just now they have a lot of eyes on them so they can feel important while yelling stuff.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Tei posted:

Anyone that know anything about computers know a filter is completelly retarded poo poo.
- The people that you want to stop will jump over it
- Everyone else life will just become slighly more lovely

I don't think it's a killfile, or a fidonet area moderator. For what I understood it should be something like facebook's algorithm: it will prefer showing you posts from people you liked with content that you liked and to push aside people you did not act upon before. It's poo poo because it makes an echo chamber of your own interests, or even worse, your tantrums.

BluPotato posted:

Oh no. Someone quit their fake journalism job because of crazy people. I guess the terrorists have won. *yawn*

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

The real casualty of all of this is gamersgate.com

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

This just in. It has been confirmed that a regiment of SJW have been hit with weapons grade hashtags from militant misogynists. Retaliation in turn from this is expected to deployed later this evening.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
astroturf implies it is paid for. Grassroots misogyny is still grassroots.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
post funny things , people!!!1111111

and don't quote my post and say "you first" mother trucker

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

limaCAT posted:

I don't think it's a killfile, or a fidonet area moderator. For what I understood it should be something like facebook's algorithm: it will prefer showing you posts from people you liked with content that you liked and to push aside people you did not act upon before. It's poo poo because it makes an echo chamber of your own interests, or even worse, your tantrums.

*neo whoa jpg*

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Who the hell is @jennatar?

It's actually me, follow me on twitter, @jennatar

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
woah astroturf we're getting into sports here now.

What do feminsits think of the NFL and the husbands that knock their wives out onto astroturf? One game suspensions am I right guys? hahahahaha

Seriously though we better get back to talking about how gamers are the real problem.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

What does this even mean? Is she saying that they lied about being trans?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

SpazmasterX posted:

What does this even mean? Is she saying that they lied about being trans?

I don't try to comprehend crazy, I just watch and enjoy.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
So its basically two sides going "Youre a bully" "No, YOU are the bully" back and forth forever? Thats some gradeschool level poo poo.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

rejutka posted:

People should step up and have a bunch of boxing matches for charity.

Then it turns out Anita Sarkeesian used to be a pro boxer a la Raging Boll.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Al Borland posted:

I don't try to comprehend crazy, I just watch and enjoy.

I was just unaware that Julie Ray Goldstein was the head of the committee that decides who is what gender

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Al Borland posted:

woah astroturf we're getting into sports here now.

What do feminsits think of the NFL and the husbands that knock their wives out onto astroturf? One game suspensions am I right guys? hahahahaha

Seriously though we better get back to talking about how gamers are the real problem.

You know domestic violence occurrences increase by 80% after sporting events? I learned that from an image posted on a tumblr.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

I was just unaware that Julie Ray Goldstein was the head of the committee that decides who is what gender

good thing i posted that second pic then

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I have no freaking idea what that person is talking about or who the person they're talking about is but it's actually super freaking important to me if they have a weiner and balls, and if they were born with them, or if they were constructed surgically, or if they're of manmade material in some sort of convoluted leather harness

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

"Well #gamergate was coined by Adam Baldwin and the guy who made #notyourshield was black, so he's obviously a bad person. In conclusion: misogynistic astroturfers!"

:shrug:

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

all of those dudes are cute.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I almost want to get twitter just to start the #takebackanime movement against both parties.

Nihnoz posted:

all of those dudes are cute.

but do they have the buttwalk physics of wildstar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Slanderer posted:

good thing i posted that second pic then

dont post pics of me

• Locked thread