Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eustachy
May 7, 2013
If video games cause sexism then why are the countries in the world with the most video games the most liberated for women? The countries where being a woman is a complete and utter nightmare have 0 video games? How many loving video games do people in Somalia or Uzbekistan or Saudi Arabia play? I'm sure it can even be examined by state too: who wants to bet there's a larger proportion of video game consumers in blue states than in red ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Some people say the NFL is sexist, but those people are idiots since we have the all-women LFL

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Lifepuzzler posted:

These footballs gifs are really swell... it's too bad my work computer won't load the giferator. :smith:

have any you want made?

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Eustachy posted:

If video games cause sexism then why are the countries in the world with the most video games the most liberated for women? The countries where being a woman is a complete and utter nightmare have 0 video games? How many loving video games do people in Somalia or Uzbekistan or Saudi Arabia play? I'm sure it can even be examined by state too: who wants to bet there's a larger proportion of video game consumers in blue states than in red ones?

It's because they don't have Jesus.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I remember someone in an LF thread around '08 or '09 talking about how "sarcasm and derision are the left's greatest weapon!" I'm pretty sure they were mocking Jon Stewart, but here, half a decade later, it's almost impossible to find a young outspoken leftist online who doesn't permanently use a tone of sarcasm, condescension and hyperbole when addressing anybody.

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 4, 2014

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I too am just waiting for more of the slanderers' intensity posts.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
How can people say that video games are not art?

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember someone in an LF thread around '08 or '09 talking about how "sarcasm and derision are the left's greatest weapon!" I'm pretty sure they were mocking Jon Stewart, but here, half a decade later, it's almost impossible to find a young outspoken leftist online who doesn't permanently use a tone of sarcasm, condescension and hyperbole when addressing anybody.

I blame Whedon for that

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

osietra posted:

I too am just waiting for more of the slanderers' intensity posts.

same

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SunAndSpring posted:

Texas is nice, but politics in Texas are super retarded and their education board is far too influential on the rest of the States.

Maybe one day the education thing will actually be a plus :unsmith:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Eustachy posted:

Counterpoint: Japan. It's not on the same level as Somalia or whatever, but compared to the UK, Sweden or America, Japanese society is very patriarchal.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

But not Zoe Quinn's they're nasty

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Paladinus posted:

Counterpoint: Japan. It's not on the same level as Somalia or whatever, but compared to the UK, Sweden or America, Japanese society is very patriarchal.

the society that says you have to give all your money to your wife since she's the only one who can decide what to spend it on is very patriarchal?

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

EA Sports posted:

the society that says you have to give all your money to your wife since she's the only one who can decide what to spend it on is very patriarchal?

Shut up you stupid polesmoker. This thread absolutely doesn't need to go this way

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

EA Sports posted:

It is. And it also hurts men, who most of the time are the only bread-winners in the family, simply because gender roles are relatively rigid in Japanese society.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Hmm, I'm sure this sudden interest in the most efficient methods of advocating progressive causes is based on a true interest in justice. It definitely isn't a concern troll based on those people being meanies about your hobby. Thanks for your insights, "Lumpy the Cook". :biotruths:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Falsum posted:

I blame Whedon for that

drat you're probably right. I remember his video on Romney tempting me to vote for Romney.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

lol i thought about doing that one too. bravo.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

welp

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Just got a death threat in my email. Packing my overnight bag as I speak. But first, gotta tell twitter about it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

:thurman:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I went to Whedon's twitter to see if he said anything stupid about all this and

1. He did
2. His profile picture is literally him tipping his fedora rofl

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I went to Whedon's twitter to see if he said anything stupid about all this and

1. He did
2. His profile picture is literally him tipping his fedora rofl

lol jesus christ. I thought he was bad enough.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
This thread became pretty unfunny around page 200 when the actual MRA's took over and started using this thread as a platform to TAKE DOWN THE VIDEO GAMING JOURNALISM MAN*.

*SJW's, so probably not actually a man

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

CSM posted:

This thread became pretty unfunny around page 200 when the actual MRA's took over and started using this thread as a platform to TAKE DOWN THE VIDEO GAMING JOURNALISM MAN*.

Catch the fever, dude !

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.

CSM posted:

seriously the gently caress is going on here anymore

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CSM posted:

Yeah no sorry, you're just a big blubbery baby.

This thread is pretty unaligned for the most part. We're yucking it up at both sides because it's just retardation as far as the eye can see on both sides of the aisle.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
edit: ugh.

• Locked thread