Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It was also the mid-80's. That was the height of sexy back in those days. This thing with ladies obsessing over how cute the Doctor is isn't a new thing by any means. In the 60's they were all about grandpas. Tastes change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

HiriseSoftware posted:

Yeah and speaking of Lockdown I'm having a heck of a time with the gap between his front end and doors in vehicle mode. It's a fantastic vehicle mode and the gap is just annoying. I've read that it's a common issue and people are saying to push down HARD and wait for a click, but I get no such thing. I wish they'd package the toys in vehicle mode so at least I could see if it's fitting together well and there's no paint screwups.

I didn't even see a way for them to peg/click together so I just left it. Also yeah, Lockdown is a really weird toy but probably the most damning thing about him is that he doesn't really look anything like Movie Lockdown. It's nice that he can stand upright in his gunhead mode though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

:swoon:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

That's....great. But hopefully you see what we're saying; your Springer works well, your fix works well with your Springer, but it's still a flawed design if it can't cope with inconsistencies in manufacturing.

Something that doesn't work if its parts are made incorrectly is not a "flawed design." It's a lemon.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

Something that doesn't work if its parts are made incorrectly is not a "flawed design." It's a lemon.

There's something of a synergy between designers and manufacturers required to produce a functioning transformer, but it goes both ways. If Hasbro is only willing to use lovely plastic (which has only been getting worse since 2007 or so) that's too brittle, doesn't reliably cure at the expected thicknesses, etc., then Hasbro's designers need to take that into account when they are doing their job. Granted, I wouldn't trust them to put out a fully functional spychanger at this point ("what the gently caress is an axle?!?"), but I don't know why they even bother going to market with a product that frequently can't do what it says on the box.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Talking of Generations, my Blitzwing and Sandstorm*? Disappointing, but Triple Changers with nice articulation. Roadbuster & SkyByte? Shite articulation but gently caress me if they aren't satisfying to transform into either mode that slots/tabs in solidly.

Also what are people thinking of the Perfect Effect add on to Warden and those little squashy Headmasters? ie
http://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/perfect-effect.html?limit=all

*Neither of them work in all modes, I just keep them in robot mode.

Goldskull fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 4, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I have shot myself in the face more with Roadbuster's stupid missile launcher in the past few days than anyone else has ever shot themselves in the face with any toy.

He's currently using it as a pimp cane because no way am I letting that thing point anywhere but straight down at this point.

Seriously it's been at least ten missiles to the face before I learned my lesson.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Gun Safety is a serious matter.

Practice it.

With your toys.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah be careful with him or he'll roadbuster you right in the eye, and if you're really unlucky the missile with get stuck in your tear duct and you'll be screaming about how he busted in your face etc etc

Dumb jokes aside I meant to ask, did anyone here buy MakeToys Trashtalk? I really want a Swerve and the Legends toys just don't do anything at all for me. I saw it in store and I dunno they're like $15 here and don't look like much of anything. I pulled out Heavytread and realized he is now a deluxe, essentially.

Heavytread is awesome. Even if his minicon resembles a sports bra.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah be careful with him or he'll roadbuster you right in the eye, and if you're really unlucky the missile with get stuck in your tear duct and you'll be screaming about how he busted in your face etc etc

Dumb jokes aside I meant to ask, did anyone here buy MakeToys Trashtalk? I really want a Swerve and the Legends toys just don't do anything at all for me. I saw it in store and I dunno they're like $15 here and don't look like much of anything. I pulled out Heavytread and realized he is now a deluxe, essentially.

Heavytread is awesome. Even if his minicon resembles a sports bra.

I really really love my Trashtalk. It's an awesome toy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I really really love my Trashtalk. It's an awesome toy.

I love my Swerve, thanks! :3:

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Oh yeah, within 5 seconds of picking up Roadbusters launcher, his missile was launched at my girlfriend unintentionally, then once replaced across my flat, to be found about 4 days later. I think I did the same with Sky Byte.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I have shot myself in the face more with Roadbuster's stupid missile launcher in the past few days than anyone else has ever shot themselves in the face with any toy.

He's currently using it as a pimp cane because no way am I letting that thing point anywhere but straight down at this point.

Seriously it's been at least ten missiles to the face before I learned my lesson.

Whatever your score is War for Cybertron Megatron (all three variants) is, to this day, ensuring that he has waged war upon my face the likes of which no missile launching action figure ever has, is or will ever do. I'm considering getting one of those Optimus role play masks just to wear when I fiddle with him but I'm also afraid it would just provoke him into shooting more.

Huge thanks, Hamster, for the link earlier.

Anyone have an Airachnid they wanna get rid of?

PriNcessofDarXness fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Sep 5, 2014

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
I'm really happy with how Unique Toys's Abominus or "Ordin" as it's called turned out:

My only gripe would be that Hun-Gurr's heads/knees look a bit bland.

Check out Blot:

Just try to not giggle at Blot's tiny legs,heehee.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lepecard posted:

I'm really happy with how Unique Toys's Abominus or "Ordin" as it's called turned out:

My only gripe would be that Hun-Gurr's heads/knees look a bit bland.

Check out Blot:

Just try to not giggle at Blot's tiny legs,heehee.

Ooh. That does look cool.

Yeah, Trash-Talk is very good, and Cogwheel isn't bad either.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Blot always had short legs though, that's still cool as hell.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blot is still a dinosaur gorilla toad, all is right with the world.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Where's my third-party Monstructor :colbert:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Blot is still a dinosaur gorilla toad, all is right with the world.

What? No, Blot is a nose.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Lepecard posted:

He has the happiest knees of any combiner.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I know they're staying true to G1, but I always felt Abominus' face should be somewhat more monstrous. I dunno, just some sharp teeth or something, nothing too excessive.

Still whoa, an Abominus. Hopefully they've improved over their previous combiner, but by looks alone it already looks better.

e: also for the guy who was asking for the Platinum Dinobots pack, there's already some in-box pictures so they can't be that far off. They look very nice, but it's a bummer that there's no Snarl.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Are you sure that's Blot? Looks too clean and shiny.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, for a guy called Abominus he looks pretty chill and pleasant to hang out with there.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

What kind of SG Predaking or Dinobot set is that, anyway? It's a 3P company, so that must be some kind of Predaking or Dinobots, right? RIGHT?!?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Speaking of 3p companies, anyone here been picking up some Warbotron bots? Any feedback?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

:shepspends:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Who are those?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I think the front-middle one is Impactor, based on the headsculpt. So Wreckers of some sort?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The dude with decorations from Frankenstein's lab on his shoulders is almost certainly Kaon of the DJD, the guy that turned into an electric chair. And the one up front is certainly Impactor. He's got the (very rarely used) shoulder cannon and the harpoon hand as well.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Oh good another planned-but-never-released Impactor to quietly despair over.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I don't think MMC has not released anything yet.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Who are those?

Sorry, forgot to label them. Nova Prime back, Kaon right, Strika left, and Impacter front.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Just a point of curiosity but why the hell is Kaon getting all the third party love out of all the DJD characters?

I think I've only ever seen one other one, the guy who turns into the sniper rifle.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

LightsGameraAction posted:

Just a point of curiosity but why the hell is Kaon getting all the third party love out of all the DJD characters?

Because he turns into an electric chair and that's metal as hell.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

LightsGameraAction posted:

I think I've only ever seen one other one, the guy who turns into the sniper rifle.

That one is the "WEEAAAR MYY FAAAACE" guy, which is possibly even more metal than Ka "Ride The Lightning" On.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Strika is a friggen beast

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wow, on a whim I read the New Avengers/Transformers crossover.

that's uh

real bad

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Forgive me if this has been posted recently or whatever: This talk of the DJD made me reread their issues and in MTMTE#8, when the Necrobot finally logs Flywheels' death "18 months later" and the list's got him after Ultra Magnus, Hound, Chromedome, and Drift. Well, it's been 24 months in Earth time but y'know, pretty close. Thought that was cool.

edit: And where the gently caress is 3rd party Tarn?

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Diet Poison posted:

And where the gently caress is 3rd party Tarn?

I think the better question is, How do you make a headsculpt that almost looks like the official, Hasbro-copyrighted Decepticon logo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Tarn might be difficult for a third-party because his face is a decepticon symbol. Which is too bad because he is friggin beastly and awesome.