Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I never thought building these and posing them would be so much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Midjack posted:

Do I need to post mine again? :v:

The best part about having a backlog is taking pictures of it, so sure!

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Still untouched from this year: Mg Sazabi v.K, MG GX, and HGUC V/V2. Got my Gundam 3.0 95% complete but he's been standing there without his head being all sad and poo poo since May. Won't even get into the backlog from '13 and '12, it's just redookulous.

The Hi-Nu is now in my grubby little paws (no thanks to the jugheads at the USPS) and I will either build it as fast as I am able or let it rot on my workbench for a month before shoving it in the closet with all the other corpses. Which. Will. It. Be?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

I never thought building these and posing them would be so much fun.

one of us. one of us

seriously though gunpla is great. There's a reason I've been building these things for a decade

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Monaghan posted:

one of us. one of us

seriously though gunpla is great. There's a reason I've been building this for a decade

I only wanted to get a few kits at first. Now there's a dozen extra HG's on my bookshelf mocking me. And Build Fighters Tri is coming... :negative:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midjack posted:

Do I need to post mine again? :v:

yours is a collection, not a backlog. We both know you never intend to build them :smug:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I only wanted to get a few kits at first. Now there's a dozen extra HG's on my bookshelf mocking me. And Build Fighters Tri is coming... :negative:

I got out of Magic the Gathering and into Gunpla around the same time that my group of friends got into playing at major events. Now they're all anywhere from $1000 to $2000 into the game, and I've got about 50-60 models either in HG or MG. I still think I made the right decision, MtG gets boring fast.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I am buying every protagonist suit when it comes out for that and I'm not even ashamed, they look great.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Koopa Kid posted:

I am buying every protagonist suit when it comes out for that and I'm not even ashamed, they look great.

I'm actually a little curious to see what comes of that Lightning Gundam, as it has a shitload of mounting tabs that don't seem to be for accessories included. If anything, at least it'll be good for sticking things like Battle Arm Arms onto.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I'm also interested in that it's a transforming HG but it looks like most of that comes from the zeta-style shield and backpack, which are also being sold in a booster to be put on other stuff. Would be cool if you could add that onto another humanoid kit and just flip the legs around and pop the shield over the head to have a quick aerial mode.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That's basically how the Re-GZ works, yes.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Do you know if the new-ish HG Zeta Plus is the same way? I was thinking of grabbing one sometime soon.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just got my first paycheck at the new job, decided to blow a little on a MG Build Strike FP. Knowing my luck, that, the Zaku, and the Z'gok will all get here at once.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I think I finally fixed the hips and ankles on my MG Exia; I wore the hips out by an overly extreme pose, and the ankles are a known problem.
It's still a bit unstable (it is MG Exia) but drat does it pose good now.

RX78 2.0 and MG Exia look surprisingly decent next to each other too. :toot:

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Gammatron 64 posted:

And I'm making this glorious bastard...

How are the joints on the Turn-X where the arms and legs detach? Are there any problems with the limbs popping off or the joints being loose?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Red Bones posted:

How are the joints on the Turn-X where the arms and legs detach? Are there any problems with the limbs popping off or the joints being loose?

They're mostly fine, but the right arm can only stay in certain positions.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The biggest issue with MG Turn X is that the right arm is just too heavy to really do that much.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Ummm, hey, if you guys need help breaking down your backlog of kits, I'd be happy to help...

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Red Bones posted:

In Jabman25's video review, the right arm on his likes to fall off, but I've shaken mine and it seems fine. Of course, this could always change in time.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Speaking of Unicorns I haven't heard anything from shopitchina with regards to that Armed Armor XC I purchased so I finally just threw up my hands and got MG Banshee Norn.

The conversion kit came in today. :suicide:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

yours is a collection, not a backlog. We both know you never intend to build them :smug:

:negative:

I intend to when I get them, I just got too much.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Midjack posted:

:negative:

I intend to when I get them, I just got too much.

This the truth, except for that last part. There is no such thing as too much gunpla. :colbert:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

The conversion kit came in today. :suicide:

I'll buy it from you for a premium, if you wouldn't mind parting with it. I could really use it for the final touches on my project.

Speaking of, thirty bucks of paint acquired, let's see if I can't make this baby pop.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Sorry, but I'll probably just use it on my FA Unicorn and just straight build my Norn. I'd have to charge a pretty crazy price to make up for how much shipping was anyways.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Suzaku posted:

This the truth, except for that last part. There is no such thing as too much gunpla. :colbert:

I am living proof that it this is not true. If I'd collected about 1/10th of what I had my life would have been and would currently be a lot easier. Hoarding is not healthy behavior.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Well then sell some to us you dweeb

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Are we still posting our backlogs of kits? Too much :effort: to set up a decent photo but here's what I've got at the moment:

HGUC GM Cold Districts Type (In progress)
HGUC Gogg (In progress)
HGUC Guntank
HGUC Z'Gok
HGUC Dom Tropen
HGUC Gundam Mk. II (Titans Colors)
HGUC Jesta
HGUC Geara Zulu
HGUC Kshatriya
HGUC Gundam F91
HGUC V2 Gundam
HGAC Wing Gundam
HGAW Gundam Airmaster
HGCC ∀ Gundam
HGBF Build Strike Gundam Full Package
HGBF Zaku Amazing
HGBF Gundam X Maoh
HGBF Wing Gundam Fenice (In progress)
HGBF Sengoku Astray Gundam
HGBF GM Sniper K9
HGBF Gundam Exia Dark Matter
HGBF Cross Bone Gundam Maoh
HGBF Gouf R35
HGBC Amazing Booster
MG Gundam Ez8 (In progress)
MG Gouf Custom (In progress)
MG Gundam G05
MG Hyaku Shiki
MG Qubeley
MG Gundam Spiegel
MG Gundam X
MG AV98 Ingram 1
Two Action Bases

And I've got a preorder on a HGBF Build Burning Gundam and am waiting for HLJ to restock their HGFC Nobell Gundam (both of which should in theory be happening in October).

Help. :negative:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
You guys are crazy. I have my own house and even I wouldn't have the room for all that...

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

TaurusOxford posted:

You guys are crazy. I have my own house and even I wouldn't have the room for all that...

That's just the stuff I have unbuilt. I still have a bunch of assembled Master Grades and no grades somewhere around here that I haven't been able to find since we moved here about 7 years ago. Sometimes I'm not sure if I want to find them or not. :ohdear:

(Then I remember that my MG God Gundam and Master Gundam are among them and I totally need to get off my rear end and try and find them again. :shepicide:)

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I still haven't built anything, and I bought the Daughtress and the Tallgeese III last week.
I don't even really like that Tallgeese III all that much!

Might end up using it for parts or something.

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 6, 2014

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'm just glad my backlog is way smaller than most of yours. I see what people post here and I try not to buy new poo poo until I finish what I'm working on.

Try. I have a Sazabi ver. ka, Geara Doga, Kampfer, red Rick Dias, Jesta, Nemo, F91 and Proto Zero on my wishlist...

It generally takes me a month to finish an MG too, because I'm lazy. That, and if you build the whole thing in a weekend you'll get burnt out on it.

I kind of dread my Turn X's legs. My least favorite part is always the legs.

Well, that's not true. My true least favorite thing is all the individual beads for tubes on Zeon suits.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 6, 2014

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

everythingWasBees posted:

I still haven't built anything, and I bought the Daughtress and the Tallgeese III last week.
I don't even really like that Tallgeese III all that much!

Might end up using it for parts or something.

Moot point now since you already said you're not a big TGIII fan, but you should have just bought the Dragon Momoko TGIII if you wanted something that actually looks good.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm just glad my backlog is way smaller than most of yours. I see what people post here and I try not to buy new poo poo until I finish what I'm working on.

I literally have zero backlog. I do have two kits on the way though(MG Duel and Buster Gundam), because for some weird reason I got the urge to kitbash/paint them and make Assault Buster Gundam.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

Moot point now since you already said you're not a big TGIII fan, but you should have just bought the Dragon Momoko TGIII if you wanted something that actually looks good.

I ended up picking it up at a con.
Some of the parts look cool, at least! Might use them in a custom build.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

My current backlog is
Gouf Custom
Zaku Amazing
Zugok (Unicorn Version)
Build Fighters Strike Gundam Full Package
SD Sazabi (the samurai one)
SD Sazabi (the regular red one)
SD zaku blaze wizard
SD Zaku ii
SD Zaku II Char's Custom
SD Build Fighters Strike Gundam Full Package

I think Gouf Custom is next. That's one of my oldest purchases.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I hate you guys so loving much right now

However, here's my backlog:

Nothing, because I build my loving model kits

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Nothing slows down getting through your backlog more than making each kit its own project. Exia RII has technically been done for months, I've just been really busy with other things and haven't had the time to finish painting it. Same goes for Nu vKa and its waterslides.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Went to a hobby shop to get some tools and maybe a HG. Walk out with tools and 4 HGs.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So here's a thing:

Third party BTF is gonna release a plastic version of a conversion kit. No idea if it's going to be a full kit or just the conversion parts though(the original resin version requires a MG Freedom Gundam frame).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tenzarin posted:

Went to a hobby shop to get some tools and maybe a HG. Walk out with tools and 4 HGs.

Well you could at least tell us which ones :colbert:.

Oh, and GundamGuy has a review up of the Nightingale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

So here's a thing:

Third party BTF is gonna release a plastic version of a conversion kit. No idea if it's going to be a full kit or just the conversion parts though(the original resin version requires a MG Freedom Gundam frame).

OH MY GOOOOOO- it's the really ugly slim redesign I don't like at all. :geno:

Yeah I'll pass.

• Locked thread